IGNORED

Your most recent Jaguar purchases

GKC

I just bought a Jaguar (prolly my tenth one by now)off of one the Atari Age members. Came with boxed Tempest (the only reason I keep coming back to Jaguar), Iron Solder, Cannon Fodder, and a couple of loose games.

I still had Towers II, Zero 5, and Rayman in the collection.

Anyhow, it came with a Genesis power supply. I've heard arguments for and against it's use with the Jag. What's the final word? Is it potentially harmful to the system to use it?

I just bought a Jaguar (prolly my tenth one by now)off of one the Atari Age members. Came with boxed Tempest (the only reason I keep coming back to Jaguar), Iron Solder, Cannon Fodder, and a couple of loose games.

I still had Towers II, Zero 5, and Rayman in the collection.

Anyhow, it came with a Genesis power supply. I've heard arguments for and against it's use with the Jag. What's the final word? Is it potentially harmful to the system to use it?

There are 2 types of Genesis/Megadrive PSU, one works perfect and one fries it. I would imagine that seen as you got this one with the Jag its the one that works fine.

The Jag needs 9V DC tip negative, double check your power supply if you're concerned.

Dont use it its not worth it. You can get a Jag power supply from b&c for like 10 bucks. I wont use one.

I went nuts at MGC last year trying to find one and everyone tried to sell me a sega power pack. Stay away. ;)

Be sure to double-check, though. The Jaguar is known to fry easily if the polarity is wrong.

Beware of the output current rating, too : original Jag power supplies are rated for 1.2 A ; I believe there are several versions of the Genesis power supply, some of which are rated for less. Don't use them, as they'd get too hot and possibly damaged.