IGNORED

Received my new IntV!

SlowCoder

Awesome, glad to hear!It's was smart of you to clean the inside of your Inty, never know exactly where the console you just bought was, or what pest laid eggs inside! :woozy: I once bought an Intellivision at a grungy flea market.I immediately set it up to test and in the middle of a game, a cockroach crawled out from the top!

Yuck! I've bought quite a few different consoles in the past. Never did I receive one I'd want to touch for gaming. They were all filthy. Some to the point I wouldn't even plug in to test without first cleaning up. Found webs and other miscellaneous ??? in a few, but luckily never anything alive!

This console was actually in pretty good shape. Just a little dust inside, expected after 25 years of normal use or proper storage.

Goes to show the difference between dealing with general population, and fellow collectors.

I once bought an Intellivision at a grungy flea market.I immediately set it up to test and in the middle of a game, a cockroach crawled out from the top!

Glad I live somewhere without cockroaches. They sound horrible. I did have a European earwig in my 7800 once, and didn't discover it until it crawled out the expansion slot when I was carrying it.

I once bought an Intellivision at a grungy flea market.I immediately set it up to test and in the middle of a game, a cockroach crawled out from the top!

Glad I live somewhere without cockroaches. They sound horrible. I did have a European earwig in my 7800 once, and didn't discover it until it crawled out the expansion slot when I was carrying it.

That earwig is 10 times more creepy than a cockroach, or maybe is a matter what you are used to see.

I never found any live insects inside my games, only the remains of an egg inside an Intv Cart.

And there´s a store who repair video games and had a couple of boxes one with Nes carts, other with Snes, when you pick up a cart, like 10 small roaches run like hell, is very disgusting. he had commons anyway..

I just got my first one too (as my thread in the main forums points out). I cannot reccomend Diner enough. I think it's now my favorite game ever. Everything about it is perfect, and it would certainly be worth what it normally costs.

Really? I've only seen videos of Diner and apart from the rarity, I can't see any reason to own it. It definitely doesn't look to me to be a worthy successor to Burger Time.

I just got my first one too (as my thread in the main forums points out). I cannot reccomend Diner enough. I think it's now my favorite game ever. Everything about it is perfect, and it would certainly be worth what it normally costs.

Really? I've only seen videos of Diner and apart from the rarity, I can't see any reason to own it. It definitely doesn't look to me to be a worthy successor to Burger Time.

Maybe you have to play it, is very fun. and not only the food theme is like Burguertime, You get more points when the ball crushes several caracthers in one kick and you have to pick up bonuses, seems that they catch the spirit of burguertime pretty well (in my opinion)

Well, rarity had nothing to do with me picking it up. I didn't really know it was rare, and got it boxed for about 50 cents worth of a $2 deal. So I don't love it because I particularly sought it out, or spent anything significant on it. I love it because it is a fantastic arcade style game from 1987. There are a ton of levels, with all kinds of neat tricks (opening floors, elevators, etc), and a scoring system that rewards great play over level progress. The final product is incredibly addictive, and I think you may have to get yourself an emulator to give it a go. I honestly do believe it is the best game I have ever played.

That earwig is 10 times more creepy than a cockroach, or maybe is a matter what you are used to see.

I never found any live insects inside my games, only the remains of an egg inside an Intv Cart.

And there´s a store who repair video games and had a couple of boxes one with Nes carts, other with Snes, when you pick up a cart, like 10 small roaches run like hell, is very disgusting. he had commons anyway..

Yeah i agree, Earwigs are the creepiest, those hooks in the back!,yikes!!Anyway it scared the CRAP out of me when that roach crawled out, i still get chills down my back when i think of it!

Edited by Rik