IGNORED

Where did you get your ColecoVision?

SlowCoder

I've pondered buying a Colecovision. Sure they're easy as hell to emulate but it would just be cool to play an actual Colecovision hooked up to an actual TV.

Is the system as shoddy and prone to breakage as its reputed to be? Apparently it's like the XBOX 360 of the early 80's. http://www.videogamecritic.net/colecoinfo.htm

Your thinking of the ADAM Computer, also made by Coleco. The ColecoVision is a pretty reliable game system from my experince which dates back to Dec. '82. Like any electronics that are up in age (28 years), a little T.L.C. and MODDING by Yurkie will set you up really nicely.

I bought mine on eBay over six years ago, along with a few games. I was almost expecting it to have issues, since it was filthy when I got it and the games required a bit of cleaning to get working. Amazingly, both the system and the power supply worked flawlessly, and after a good cleaning it looks great now.

The first one i bought of a dutch marketplace site. It has a defective second controller port. The second system was a trade system. Traded a atari 2600 darth vader with all hookups for a colecovision with expansion module 1 and 2 in perfect working condition. I came across one not so long ago in a second hand store. Only picked up the controllers, but left the console there.