IGNORED

One of the best Buy It Now's of the year

holygrailvideogames.com

That's why it pays to look for misspellings.

If that was me, I'd take a neg from the buyer rather than actually ship the item for that price. I'd just say that I meant to sell it for $1000, not $10.00. I don't really think the seller is going to let it go for that and it'll be relisted at the right price in a few days.

Let's all send the seller messages telling him how badly he ripped himself off. :P

Edited by OldAtarian

If that was me, I'd take a neg from the buyer rather than actually ship the item for that price. I'd just say that I meant to sell it for $1000, not $10.00. I don't really think the seller is going to let it go for that and it'll be relisted at the right price in a few days.

Let's all send the seller messages telling him how badly he ripped himself off. :P

Would you appreciate this action it if it was you who won the game? :ponder:

The auction ended 10 days ago. It is likely long gone.

True. The buyer probably already has it. Hopefully we dont see it back on ebay like some other rare Atari games lately :)

Yes, hopefully the buyer got it, and all the more power to them; am I jealous, of course, who isn't. I have one though so its not all that bad. I think it was a great find for this buyer. I like to see these things happen even when it isn't me :) Cheers, FB :cool:

• Like 1

True. The buyer probably already has it. Hopefully we dont see it back on ebay like some other rare Atari games lately :)

Yes, hopefully the buyer got it, and all the more power to them; am I jealous, of course, who isn't. I have one though so its not all that bad. I think it was a great find for this buyer. I like to see these things happen even when it isn't me :) Cheers, FB :cool:

I know who bought it, and yes they got it.....sad part is though that the USPS mauled the shipping box and the game box too. He was a bit upset, but was like I can't complain for $10

I know who bought it, and yes they got it.....sad part is though that the USPS mauled the shipping box and the game box too. He was a bit upset, but was like I can't complain for $10

That is why on something like this you throw the seller an extra $20 to make it indestructible.

That is why on something like this you throw the seller an extra $20 to make it indestructible.

:thumbsup:

This is one of the BIG problems here. :( (And I know you were jesting above... but this is just a gripe of mine... so please don't take offense to it OldAtarian. Let me climb to the top of my soapbox)

Someone won a game fair and square. And because of jealousy issues and other things.... people come up with the half-brained idea to email the seller to 'tell him how badly he ripped himself off'. I'm sorry... but that is the most moronic and idiotic thing you can do. I've talked about this numerous times in the past. It is stupid that you have to 'PRAY and HOPE' your game that you won gets to your house after you actually win it off of ebay, because people like to contact the seller to say stupid things like this could sell for a bunch more. Or... he only will give you $10... I'll give you $50. Here's an idea: Keep your eyes peeled for a deal like that and hope you click the BIN before someone else. Don't jack around with someone's deals. I really think AL should start suspending people for a month or so (although I guess it wouldn't be too feasible...being this is a public forum) for people that are proven to mess with other's deals on ebay. to me... it breeds bad ethics.

I for one am happy for whoever that was that got the BIN. Hopefully it doesn't get screwed up by someone else.

Edited by EricDeLee
  • Like 1

I was wondering if I was the only one that did that sort of thing. I ask for extra padding/protection on certain things and offer to pay a bit more for shipping.

I was wondering if I was the only one that did that sort of thing. I ask for extra padding/protection on certain things and offer to pay a bit more for shipping.

I expect every boxed game I buy to arrive in a sturdy cardboard box with ample padding. I let the seller know this as well. I have had an unbelievable amount of boxed games come in bubblopes and a few even arrived in the dreaded brown paper. If it is something special I will throw in some extra cash to make sure they do a nice job.

Edited by horseboy

It is stupid that you have to 'PRAY and HOPE' your game that you won gets to your house after you actually win it off of ebay, because people like to contact the seller to say stupid things like this could sell for a bunch more.

Yep, the couple of times I got a good deal that's EXACTLY what I had to do. Its amazing how few times my "good deals" actually arrived :roll: