IGNORED

Getting S-Video from the TI console

OLD CS1

ARISE CHICKEN! CHICKEN ARISE! I command this thread to resurrect!

Well it arose over a year later...and I wish I had read your post BEFORE I bought the same converter as you did (looks the same anyway) and I got the exact same results.

Back to using composite on a CRT.

The only thing you could try is adding a small signal diode like a 1N4148 or even better, a shottkey diode with 0.2v forward bias inline

with the Composite signal.

I recently did this with my brand new Atari 65xe and it cleared the horrible vertical lines problem up enormously. The difference is that I added

that to the Chroma line only, so it could possibly mess up the sync signal on a composite signal, won't hurt to try though.

• 1 year later...

Aaaaaaaannnnnnd resurrected once again.

I picked up one of these little things to see if I could put a small LCD monitor on my TI or whatever other old machine. Only to find it suffers the same progressive scan problem as many converters. Very disappointed.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1507153095971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150715309597&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

However, I did pick up one of these Pyle PRJG45 LED 400lm mini-projector when Woot had them for $39. Except for not being very bright, it works well and its 320x240 resolution is spit-spot for old games and computers. Even does well with the Jaxx Pacific hand-held games and similar systems (like the Pac-Man arcade joysticks or the Atari Flashbacks.)

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, --- Ω --- said:

They're going dirt cheap on Ebay  << CLICK HERE >>

Yup, and honestly that is about what they are worth.  I would not spend more than $25 ~ $30 on these devices.  Again, they are only around 400 lumens.  Good for very specific situations, but neither for general use nor presentations.  I actually kept mine to see about upgrading the LED with a bright one as technology improves.