IGNORED

Working on Cart & Rarity List - Need Input

NIAD

Hope everyone enjoys it and PLEASE... if you find any mistakes or don't agree with something, post a message here.

Okay, a few notes you may be interested in:

1) You marked "Sudoku" as a Team Pixelboy release, but it really isn't. It's just an early playable demo of the game. I think you should just use my name (Luc Miron).

2) Since the release of my six Team Pixelboy games is imminent, you may want to add them to your list as 2010 releases:

- Gulkave

- Girl's Garden

- Peek-a-boo

- Pitfall II Arcade

- Track & Field

- Destructor S.C.E.

3) I have a limited-edition homebrew demo cartridge in my collection labelled "YouTube" which Daniel Bienvenu released a while ago.

2) Since the release of my six Team Pixelboy games is imminent, you may want to add them to your list as 2010 releases:

- Gulkave

- Girl's Garden

- Peek-a-boo

- Pitfall II Arcade

- Track & Field

- Destructor S.C.E.

I think he needs to wait to see if he will put 2010 or 2011 behind those releases. ;) Just kiddin around!

- Gulkave

- Girl's Garden

- Peek-a-boo

- Pitfall II Arcade

- Track & Field

- Destructor S.C.E.

I think he needs to wait to see if he will put 2010 or 2011 behind those releases. ;) Just kiddin around!

Don't mean to jump on the bandwagon... but as you suggested jokingly, I will wait for the official announcement! :D

Edited by NIAD

Hope everyone enjoys it and PLEASE... if you find any mistakes or don't agree with something, post a message here.

Okay, a few notes you may be interested in:

1) You marked "Sudoku" as a Team Pixelboy release, but it really isn't. It's just an early playable demo of the game. I think you should just use my name (Luc Miron).

- Gulkave

- Girl's Garden

- Peek-a-boo

- Pitfall II Arcade

- Track & Field

- Destructor S.C.E.

3) I have a limited-edition homebrew demo cartridge in my collection labelled "YouTube" which Daniel Bienvenu released a while ago.

Thanks much for the update Luc and if there is anything else, please let me know. Now onto your 3 points of interest:

1) I will make the correction to "Sudoku", hope this one eventually gets finished as I love the game especially to do the ones in the newspaper when at work. :P

2) Waiting............................................................................. :D

If we haven't learned out lesson with Coleco and MicroSoft and countless others, when will we? :?

Preying that Albert is busy at his desk with piles of ColecoVision carts all around him!!

3) Thanks for the info re "YouTube". Is that the one that plays Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal? If it is, I'll have to rename the ROM file and also add the cartridge to the Homebrew Cart Releases.

Edited by NIAD

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to complete a ColecoVision cartridge list with rarity ratings (ratings so far taken from Digital Press which I think are a little outdated) and I have attached it here for anyone that wants to look it over. I would appreciate any and all input, additions and corrections to the list. It is in WordPad Rich Text Format (RTF) at the time as I just modified a list I had already started back in 1997. If anyone needs a basic text files, minus the page formatting of course, let me know.

How detailed is this list meant to be?

E.g. I first released Cye as CGE 2007 edition. It was quickly sold out, and ebay prices got to hundreds of $. I then released another edition, with different levels (except for the introductionary and the two-player levels, which are the same) and a slightly different label. Currently you have them both aggregated into one entry in your list.

For SCJ, SCV and SCJ2 there are different editions as well, though the differences are more minor (i.e. some text in the intro screen and one level being different).

Philipp

Trying to complete a ColecoVision cartridge list with rarity ratings (ratings so far taken from Digital Press which I think are a little outdated) and I have attached it here for anyone that wants to look it over. I would appreciate any and all input, additions and corrections to the list. It is in WordPad Rich Text Format (RTF) at the time as I just modified a list I had already started back in 1997. If anyone needs a basic text files, minus the page formatting of course, let me know.

How detailed is this list meant to be?

E.g. I first released Cye as CGE 2007 edition. It was quickly sold out, and ebay prices got to hundreds of $. I then released another edition, with different levels (except for the introductionary and the two-player levels, which are the same) and a slightly different label. Currently you have them both aggregated into one entry in your list.

For SCJ, SCV and SCJ2 there are different editions as well, though the differences are more minor (i.e. some text in the intro screen and one level being different).

Philipp

I'll try to make the list as COMPLETE and EXACT as the information I find or am given will allow. If you could send me the info. for each of your games and how you want it to be listed, I will gladly make the additions/changes. I seem to recall some of Daniel's games had different releases and title screens as well and will have to double check those also.

So that I understand correctly, the CGE 2007 release of Cye is sold out and the version that is available for purchase thru Good Deal Games is, as you stated, "another edition"?

Thanks

I'll try to make the list as COMPLETE and EXACT as the information I find or am given will allow. If you could send me the info. for each of your games and how you want it to be listed, I will gladly make the additions/changes. I seem to recall some of Daniel's games had different releases and title screens as well and will have to double check those also.

So that I understand correctly, the CGE 2007 release of Cye is sold out and the version that is available for purchase thru Good Deal Games is, as you stated, "another edition"?

Thanks

Yes, there are two variants of Cye:

"Cye 1.0 CGE 2007 edition", released in 2007, has 28 levels, limited edition, 50 cartridges were sold.

and

"Cye 1.1", released in 2008, has 30 levels (9 of them are identical to the levels in the CGE 2007 edition, the other levels are different, still available from GDG.

Philipp

Thanks

Yes, there are two variants of Cye:

"Cye 1.0 CGE 2007 edition", released in 2007, has 28 levels, limited edition, 50 cartridges were sold.

and

"Cye 1.1", released in 2008, has 30 levels (9 of them are identical to the levels in the CGE 2007 edition, the other levels are different, still available from GDG.

Philipp

Thanks for the clarification and the different versions have been noted in the list. If any of your other games have variations like Cye, just post the info. here for me (and actaully for everyone's benefit) and I'll make the corrections.

If any of your other games have variations like Cye, just post the info. here for me (and actaully for everyone's benefit) and I'll make the corrections.

Well, some games have minor differences, e.g. in the title screen, but there is one other game where it's more notable: SCJ:

"Search for the stolen Crown Jewels 1.0 Good Deal Games edition"

and

"Search for the stolen Crown Jewels 1.0"

the main difference is the bonus level (you get there by winning the game at the highest difficulty): In the GDG edition you're flying an airplane, evading birds and enemy AA fire, in the other one you control an AA gun trying to shoot down balloons.

Both bonus levels are quite different in style to the normal levels, but the sequel, SCJ2 does contain similar levels.

Philipp

If any of your other games have variations like Cye, just post the info. here for me (and actaully for everyone's benefit) and I'll make the corrections.

Well, some games have minor differences, e.g. in the title screen, but there is one other game where it's more notable: SCJ:

"Search for the stolen Crown Jewels 1.0 Good Deal Games edition"

and

"Search for the stolen Crown Jewels 1.0"

the main difference is the bonus level (you get there by winning the game at the highest difficulty): In the GDG edition you're flying an airplane, evading birds and enemy AA fire, in the other one you control an AA gun trying to shoot down balloons.

Both bonus levels are quite different in style to the normal levels, but the sequel, SCJ2 does contain similar levels.

Philipp

Thanks for the update once again and the difference will be noted. I recall a number of other homebrew games having different releases as well, but they all tended to just be title screen variations when they were released by CGE, AtariAge or the author himself. If the game has actual gameplay variations like Cye and SCJ, then it is important to note the differences.

Happy New Year!

• 5 years later...