IGNORED

Show me your collection

Htbaa

There is a monitor in it.  Not the original, it was dead, but a 13" composite monitor.  Works real well.

Cool. I'd like to have a kiosk, but there's not really anywhere to put it. Sad.

They do still pop on ebay from time to time though, maybe I'll get lucky ;)

Stone

There is a monitor in it.  Not the original, it was dead, but a 13" composite monitor.  Works real well.

Keep your eye out for an Atari SC1435 RGB monitor. That's what Atari used in the kiosks and they fit perfectly and look great. B&C Computervisions has the cable to go right from the Jag to the SC1435 in case you're lucky enough to find one some day.

Mine actually just died about a week ago, and I'm in the process of getting it fixed. I was looking at just replacing it but they're pretty tough to find!

Thanks for the info on your cart holder on the kiosk too, BTW. I'll have to rig up something similar for mine :)

-Kevin

I'll try to post a pic when I can organize a decent shot, but...

Jaguar system all hookups/two controllers  

Jaguar system all hookups/one controller  

Jaguar core system (broken)  

Procontroller

Battle Sphere v07/04/98  

Battle Sphere v07/04/98  

Battle Sphere Gold v01/02/02  

Battle Sphere Gold v01/02/02 (sealed)

Scatbox Classic

Scatbox Deluxe

Nice collection Saturn! I wish I had 4 copies of BS, especially with the Scatbox release!

Jason

You were right about your rotary, very cool :) Nice to see my cable in pride of place too :)

I also like your arcade stick :D

Actually, I've been thinking about grabbing some buttons and a stick from Happ and running wild...they're quite cheap at the moment. Mine would have to be a complete monster though...I was thinking of making the top ouf of a polished granite offcut from the local kitchen supplier :D That would be sweet, if possibly a little sweaty ;) No problems with rigidity there :D It's also nice because I'd only need a 4-way joystick (same as the pad) which are even cheaper.

Question: if I connected an HD15 sockets pins to all the populated lines of the cable, could I then plug a second pad into it and use it as a mirror of the main buttons? It'd be good for 'fiddly bits' where more control is required than is possible with a stick, and it would also work for the numeric pad. Just like the passthrough Atari envisaged, in fact; though I don't know if a solution this trivial would work. Iwould test it but I don't have any HD15 sockets immediately available :)

Anyway, great collection Gunstar, I'll try and return your flash cart safe and sound :)

Stone

Polished Granite? Geeze! That would look cool, but maybe not something to set on your lap! I don't see why you couldn't do that "mirror" thing, but it would be a bit of work; I'm not sure how good it would be as far as improving control though. That Jag controller on my stick is permanently attached ans quite accessible for games that require it. I am planning an upgrade to "procontroller comaptibility" on it very shortly; I'll have to map out the extra buttons to the keypad itself, since that's not procontroller to start with, but luckily Atari was wise enough to map the pro buttons to the keypad! I just have to figure out were I would mount the "shoulder buttons" or decide to forget them and just add the X,Y,Z buttons...

I had to put your BJL cable in there, it was too well made! The last thing I expected was the high-quality metal plugs! I'm sure you'll get my flashrom running and return it safely. Thanks!

Gunstar I assume you have a BJL Modded Jaguar? :D[/i]

Not exactly. That second jag with the BJL cable on it is an actual development system, minus the Alpine(the cable between Alpine and PC is not pictured, the cable next to the unit is for J.U.G.S). I currently use it for networking Doom. The Protector Box you see is Protector:SE with the built in BJL and Jagfreecd! of course I also have BS/JUGS and cable too...

Thanks for the kind words guys! :D That's what 8 years of obsessive-cumpulsive collecting will get you...although I did trade away a few items like a catbox and a copy of Aircars. I fyou think that collection is good, you haven't seen my 3DO, Dreamcast and Saturn collections yet! I'm also working on; Genesis/32x, Snes, Intellivision, 7800, 5200 and NES too, and then there's also my computers: 1040ST, 800/XL/XE... :o I'll be moving to get an extra room just for all my stuff soon!

I'll try to post a pic when I can organize a decent shot, but...

Jaguar system all hookups/one controller  

Jaguar core system (broken)  

Procontroller

Battle Sphere v07/04/98  

Battle Sphere v07/04/98  

Battle Sphere Gold v01/02/02  

Battle Sphere Gold v01/02/02 (sealed)

Scatbox Classic

Scatbox Deluxe

Nice collection Saturn! I wish I had 4 copies of BS, especially with the Scatbox release!

Jason

Thanks. I actually obtained both copies of the classic version within about an hour of each other. Think it was February 2002. :ponder: I had the high bid on one when another was put on ebay w/ a modest Buy It Now. :D

Saturn

Polished Granite? Geeze! That would look cool, but maybe not something to set on your lap!

It wasn't planned as a 'lap' controller as such, more like this one:

joystickebay.jpg or this one: twosticksebay.jpg

(note: that's plastic stone texturing, not actual stone)

I'd intend it to sit on the floor, or just generally in front of me, since I play games either on floor cushions in front of the TV, or curled up on my bed (my TV's at the end of the bed, so this is actually surprisingly comfortable). So weight wouldn't really be an issue. And given how cool it looks (our kitchen surfaces are made of it), it's definitely got to be done at some stage :)

I don't see why you couldn't do that "mirror" thing, but it would be a bit of work; I'm not sure how good it would be as far as improving control though.

It shouldn't be much more work: just have each pin of the male connector (that plugs in to the Jag) be connected to both the relavent position on the PCB *and* the corresponding pin on a female socket. That way plugging a second pad in would let you control all the normal pad functions either with the buttons provided on the arcade stick or the pad attached to it. I'd probably have 8 buttons on there for ABC/XYZ (mapped as per the ProController, less the shoulder buttons as there's nowhere to put them), Option and Pause.

That Jag controller on my stick is permanently attached ans quite accessible for games that require it.

Hm, not sure whether that's the best solution. I'm considering having a male plug attached to the outside of the case and using an extension cable to plug it into the Jag - it'd look a lot tidier, plus I hate having trailing captive cables on hardware items.

I had to put your BJL cable in there, it was too well made! The last thing I expected was the high-quality metal plugs!

Thank you :) I'm sure you would have hated it had I used the 'metallised plastic' ones - they look awful and tacky. Normal plastic was out, so I went with the diecast ones :) The extra expense is definitely justified though - the quality is so much nicer, plus it gives people a good enough impression to say nice things like that :) Thanks again.

Stone

That Jag controller on my stick is permanently attached ans quite accessible for games that require it.

Hm, not sure whether that's the best solution. I'm considering having a male plug attached to the outside of the case and using an extension cable to plug it into the Jag - it'd look a lot tidier, plus I hate having trailing captive cables on hardware items.

Stone

Believe me, I had it seperate like you are thinking originally and it is a REAL inconvenience to fumble for the Jagcontroller to get at the keypad while your trying to control the game with the stick. That's why I permantently attached the controller, it's quite easy access to it now, while still remaining in control of the stick; my way takes one hand, your way would require two (unless your amazingly dexterous), hence, letting go of the stick. Plus, I think mine looks quite tidy AND ingenious. there are no "cables" hanging about, do you see any? they are tucked away qutie nicely, and short. But do what you will, you'll learn the hard way once you try playing something like Iron Soldier...

my way takes one hand, your way would require two (unless your amazingly dexterous), hence, letting go of the stick.

It *shouldn't* be necessary...ah well, I'm dextrous when I've not been drinking coffee ;)

But do what you will, you'll learn the hard way once you try playing something like Iron Soldier...

That' s OK, I wasn't planning on playing games that *require* a keypad with it. But it should be cool for fighters, Raiden, pinball etc (there's a thought...maybe I should mirror A and Left to two buttons on the side of the case so they're like the real thing's buttons ;))

So much stuff to plan :)

Stone

my way takes one hand, your way would require two (unless your amazingly dexterous), hence, letting go of the stick.

It *shouldn't* be necessary...ah well, I'm dextrous when I've not been drinking coffee ;)

But do what you will, you'll learn the hard way once you try playing something like Iron Soldier...

That' s OK, I wasn't planning on playing games that *require* a keypad with it. But it should be cool for fighters, Raiden, pinball etc (there's a thought...maybe I should mirror A and Left to two buttons on the side of the case so they're like the real thing's buttons ;))

So much stuff to plan :)

it definately ROCKS! with games like Raiden, ZEROFIVE (excellent for rapid firing without getting sore thumb!), Defender 2000 and Protector!

Stone

it definately ROCKS! with games like Raiden, ZEROFIVE (excellent for rapid firing without getting sore thumb!), Defender 2000 and Protector!

Well, there's going to be lots of space in there so I can always add a rapid-fire circuit ;)

Stone

Custom built by your's truly. I purchased the cabinet and the components from MAAS arcade systems and assembled, and designed it myself, using one of my old standard controllers after I had a couple procontrollers. It's also compatible with 400/800/XL/XE/2600/vic-20/C64/Amiga, etc. etc. It's also TRUELY 7800 compatible, with both left and right buttons of that system. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Ok, seeing Jayson's kiosk inspired me to finally get off my bum and get a proper front for the base of mine. Here are the results:

kiosktop.jpg

kioskbottom.jpg

Looks kind of plain, though - might have to add a graphic or something to the front to spice it up a bit, especially since it's not the original piece.

-Kevin

Heh, yeah, I made up the inserts from scanning the boxes. Thought it would be cool to have some of the newer games in there (I kept the originals in my Jag binder. I think they were Raiden, Dino Dudes, etc).

As for the lock - I thought of that. Anyone have a part number (if there is such a thing) for the locks that were used?

There was no controller arm on this kiosk when I got it, which is kind of a bummer. It is also missing the plexiglass that goes over the front where the Jag goes, but that is easily replaced. Guess that's next on the list...

-Kevin