IGNORED

Atari 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge Project Update

classics

Millipede works with the Trak-Ball for me. Fast Eddie jumps forward for me too, though once when I pressed the Start button on the opening of the game, the 5200 actually crashed.

How did you launch Millipede from the SD cart with the trak-ball?

I was able to scroll down with the ball, but it wasnt easy. I could only scroll down and if I passed what I was looking for I had to restart the 5200.

However when I did launch Millipede with the trak-ball plugged in before launching, it worked great. If I used the joystick to launch the game and then remove it and plug the trak-ball in after the game had started, it wouldn't work.

The trak-ball can't be in port 2, can it?

Use the '2' '4' '6' and '8' keys on the trackball to scroll the menu. Then hit the fire button to select the game.

Allan

Fantastic! Thanks Allan.

I take it the MULE dump here only works on the SD 5200 cart and no emulator that currently exists?

He made a two-file solution to get it to work on the Atarimax USB 5200 cart. No I don't think an emulator will work, it requires some type of bank switching. Same thing for Bounty Bob, only way to play other than real cart is the 5200 SD.

I take it the MULE dump here only works on the SD 5200 cart and no emulator that currently exists?

He made a two-file solution to get it to work on the Atarimax USB 5200 cart. No I don't think an emulator will work, it requires some type of bank switching. Same thing for Bounty Bob, only way to play other than real cart is the 5200 SD.

There is a single file dump that was posted a couple pages back, I believe. I included it in the ROM pack in my topic.

Little more info on Fast Eddie. When the game starts you can jump in place if you haven't moved yet. Once you move left or right Eddie will always jump forward in the last direction he moved. Even after brining him to a stop.

I really hope this gets fixed. I love this game used to play it on the 2600 all the time when I was young! :)

Little more info on Fast Eddie. When the game starts you can jump in place if you haven't moved yet. Once you move left or right Eddie will always jump forward in the last direction he moved. Even after brining him to a stop.

I really hope this gets fixed. I love this game used to play it on the 2600 all the time when I was young! :)

Thanks for playing these well enough to find the bugs. :-) I'll try to take a look at this soon and see whats up.

Steve

Edited by classics

Thanks for playing these well enough to find the bugs. :-) I'll try to take a look at this soon and see whats up.

Steve

That sounds awesome! I look forward to this getting fixed. Thanks Steve.

Give this one a try.

Steve

Fantastic the jumping is fixed. However, there is so little dead zone to the controls, it is way too hard to get off a ladder between 2 floors. When the ladder goes to more than 1 floor you can't get off in between. Well..... you can it is not impossible and I did it maybe 5 times out of 50. I drew arrows on this photo to show what I'm talking about. If you climb up or down those ladders like in the photo its hard to get off the middle floor where the arrows point.

post-322-0-01557200-1302559379_thumb.jpg

Ok, give this one a try.

Steve

I tried the game and the controls feel better. I was jumping and collecting items no problem.

However I still can't get off a ladder between floors. I stand right under it, tap up no matter what Eddie climbs all the way up 2 floors. I'm tapping and re-centering the stick, if i pull down he will climb back down, If I try to hold left or right doesnt seem to help, i just can't get him to stop between floors.

Please tell me it is not just me! :-)

Waiting to see if its only you, hopefully someone will try it and chime in. :-) It works OK with my wico stick.

Steve

Ok, I have tried 2 different consoles and 4 different stock sticks..... while we are waiting for someone else to chime in, I will try with my wico and masterplay also

Ok... it can't be just me. I tried Masterplay and Wico on both of my 5200 systems. Same problem.

With the help of my son, Joey, I made a YOUTUBE video to show that I'm not going crazy. :)

*** Edit: I was just playing and happened to get a map that had 2 ladders that spanned 3 floors. I found out that Eddie ALWAYS climbs 2 levels. If I start at the bottom and tap up, he will climb 2 levels and stop. If I go up one more level (third level) and tap down he will go down 2 levels and stop there. So he does not continue up or down until the ladder ends, he simply climbs 2 levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TMynFa35o

PS- Diggin that 60s wall paper??? Oh yeah....

Edited by Official Ninja

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for trying it.. guess I'll dig out the other 5200 and see if it does it.

Steve

Hey Steve. Any luck with this? I've been playing the game as it is. I just try to time the ladder climbs to get the items as they pass by the ladder. :) Still it is such a fun game and a great conversion I'd love to see it corrected. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Give this one a try. I'm not able to try it on a real 5200 at the moment.

Steve

Has anyone had a chance to try it? I won't be able to give it a try until later tonight.

Thanks Steve!

I tried it a bit just now. Seems to be much better but I did you a Sega controller. Have to try the Atari controller later.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

My Atarimax Ultimate SD Multi-Cart does not work. I ordered the cart during pre-order and got it a month or two ago. My son and i finally had a chance to drag the 5200 out to try it out, and all I get is a grey screen. I tried other carts with no issues, even my atarimax 128-in one works fine. I swapped back to the Ultimate cart several times and only get a grey screen. What should i do? There is a warranty correct?

I also ordered an Coleco vision sd cart at the same time it works great.

Best regards

Robert miller