IGNORED

How many of us have real A8 Machines?

José Pereira

Some A8 Statistics  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Real A8 Machines

• I have at lest one one
    • I have more than one (state how many...)
    • I do not have any
    • I intend to buy one (Model?)
    • I will sell mine (please don
  2. 2. New Cartridge Large Size Games

• I will buy if they are original Games
    • I will buy if they are ports of Arcade Games
    • I will buy if they are all type of new Games
    • I will not buy, just want to have free Emulator downloads
    • I will not buy, just want free files to run on my real Machine
  3. 3. I will pay for new Cart Games

4. 4. How much money would I pay for each one of this new Large Games (only if you click on Options 1or3 of the previous question)

• less than $49,95
    • $49,95
    • $59,95
    • $69,95
    • Any price if the Game is the one(s) I always wanted to see on A8
    • Depends if I first saw and like the Gfxs./Playing of the Game

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

- Atari 400 with full stroke keyboard and 56K

- Atari 400

- Atari 800

- Atari 1200XL

- Atari 130XE

- Atari 600XL with internal 64K and monitor output

- Atari 800XL

- Atari XEGS with S-video modification

- Atari XEGS

And yes, I would buy pretty much any quality, new boxed game to add to my collection.

-ATARI 800XL (stock)

-ATARI 600XL (stock)

-ATARI XEGS (stock except OS)

-ATARI 130XE (stereo, 320k)

-ATARI 1200XL (stock)

-ATARI 1200XL (130xe motherboard, 192k)

-ATARI 1200XL (130xe motherboard, 192k)

-ATARI ARABIC 65XE (mint)

-ATARI 1050 (stock)

-ATARI 1050 (US Doubler)

-ATARI 1050 (US Doubler)

-ATARI XF551 (HyperXF, 3.5" 720k)

-ATARI XF551 (HyperXF, 5.25" 360k)

Edited by MEtalGuy66

I'm both sad and envious to see how many people have multiple Atari computers and hardware. I foolishly donated my 130xe and all its goodies to a Good Will store in the early 90's when I switched over to PC and have regreted it ever since.

Bob

I feel your pain. When I got my 520ST back in 85, I parted with some of my 8-bit equipment. I've been buying it back ever since.

1 - 400

1 - 800

1- 1200XL

1- 600XL

1 - 800XL (Citrad 320XL)

1 - 65 XE patiently awaiting my VBXE 2.

3 - 130 XE (one with 320k)

2 - XEGS

When I have funds available I try to support new software by purchasing it. I have Yoomp!, Tempest Extreme, Kolony 2160, Sikor's CD, etc...

I will pay reasonable amounts for carts, games and apps to support the community.

1 1200

:lust:

I am shocked you missed it. I think I paid less than $50 shipped on ebay. I only got it because the case and keyboard was in such good condition. Only when I got it did I notice the 1200 badge.

Very nice score! I did miss it - saw the "12" and assumed the "00XL".

I'm both sad and envious to see how many people have multiple Atari computers and hardware. I foolishly donated my 130xe and all its goodies to a Good Will store in the early 90's when I switched over to PC and have regreted it ever since.

You will regret it till you replace it. Kinda like my Gamecube setup I let a kid at church borrow. After a while I just game it to him and bought another setup. I never play the Gamecube anymore, but if I WANT TO I don't find myself saying "That dang kid..." :P

I have a 400/800 beige. 800 (thanks to Warerat) can play XE programs up to 512K if I really want to.

Games for me? I have bought The Last Starfighter, Castle Crisis, and Xenophobe if recent times if that tells you the kind of things I like to buy. Depends on the game basically.

Real A8 Machines

- 1 400

- 1 800

- 1 (2?) XEGS

- 1 1200XL (on it's way)

- plus a mixture of several 600XL's, 800XL's, 65XE's, 800XE's, 130XE's. I have no idea how many. Some are boxed, some are used, a few XE's have bad keyboards and a few probably do not work.

- 1 Portfolio

- 1 5200

- 1 (2?) 7800

- plus several 2600's in different styles.

Tough one as I have my 8-bit stuff spread over several locations but I reckon I have (approximately) the following:

1 x 400 PAL

2 x 800 PAL

1 x 800 NTSC

3 x 810

3 x XF551

1 x Indus GT

1 x Rana Drive

1 x Astra 2001 Dual Drive

15 x 1050

12 x 1200XL

12 x 800XL PAL

1 x 800XL NTSC

3 x XES PAL

8 x 65XE PAL

2 x 130XE PAL

1 x 800XE PAL

Loads of 1010s and XC12s

I forgot to mention one of my machines: PAL 1200XL with 1088K installed by Scott Peterson, PBI installed by Metalguy66, Bob stability mod and 65815/6502 switchable, done by Bob, Supervideo 2.1 and Dual Pokey stereo, VBXE installed by candle, flashjazzcat, and lotharek - all during a 3-day bender about a year ago.

Pics to follow. :) :) :)

Edited by wood_jl

I forgot to mention one of my machines: PAL 1200XL with 1088K installed by Scott Peterson, PBI installed by Metalguy66, Bob stability mod and 65815/6502 switchable, done by Bob, Supervideo 2.1 and Dual Pokey stereo, VBXE installed by candle, flashjazzcat, and lotharek - all during a 3-day bender about a year ago.

Pics to follow. :) :) :)

Yep, I think we all need to see pics of that beast! :D

1 800XL

1 130XE

1 XEGS

A disk drive and a SIO2PC cable.

I'd rather have ATR images than an actual cart for any game new or not.

Except Kaboom.

I have a Kaboom cartridge.

pics? ;'D

and i have many A8's, i just wish i had a decent working one...

sloopy.

• Like 1

Bob

I feel your pain. When I got my 520ST back in 85, I parted with some of my 8-bit equipment. I've been buying it back ever since.

I can relate to both of you. I gave my 800 and carts to Goodwill in the late 90s. And then I regretted it, big time, and bought another 800 from Phaxda and a 400 from Video 61. And started collecting all over again, disks and carts.

@ Almost Rice

I am shocked you missed it. I think I paid less than $50 shipped on ebay. I only got it because the case and keyboard was in such good condition. Only when I got it did I notice the 1200 badge.

when you bought it? this year ?

@ svenski

1 x Astra 2001 Dual Drive

photo ? :lust:

Nearly any machine, mostly PAL but also some NTSC machines (1200 XL thanks Bob!, XEGS), some of them more than just once. Overall should be about 30 Atari 8 Bit machines. Just moved to a new town and now can arrange them in my new dedicated Atari room. Then I might register them and make some pictures and lists.

Bob

I can relate to both of you. I gave my 800 and carts to Goodwill in the late 90s. And then I regretted it, big time, and bought another 800 from Phaxda and a 400 from Video 61. And started collecting all over again, disks and carts.

Ahhh, misery loves company. It was nice to hear I wasn't the only fool who thought he could part company with his early computer equipment and not regret it for decades. I've considered replacing it for years, but than I always convince myself that realistically I could better use the money elsewhere and there are the emulators so I can at least glimpse at most of the new software being developed.

Bob