IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I'd say $15 is fair for this. It's the most common of the striped ones and one of the more common CBS variations overall. That said, it's a must have in my books.

• Like 1

hey guys, whats the easiest way to buy/sell/trade games outside ebay? i have like 55 more games needed for a complete list and have maybe 30 doubles i would like to trade with some others in as deep as i am in doubles for the ones i dont have? options? if i keep buyin off ebay i will have a room full of doubles! :) thanx!.....scot

hey guys, whats the easiest way to buy/sell/trade games outside ebay? i have like 55 more games needed for a complete list and have maybe 30 doubles i would like to trade with some others in as deep as i am in doubles for the ones i dont have? options? if i keep buyin off ebay i will have a room full of doubles! :) thanx!.....scot

Hi Scot, welcome. I see you took my advice. ;)

so this IS the place to do this?:) why not any for sale/trade forum on anything intellevision? if u guys r interested i will put together a list. not sure how will go over with COLLECTORS all not perfect and some loose but will see. for NOW i just want to fill in the blanks. get really nice boxed ones later i guess. is that the right route to go?:).......scot

When you make you list. Be sure to list what you need and what you have. for example:

Armor Battle - need 1 overlay

Snafu - everything but cart.

Basketball - Need Box and instructions.

Astrosmash - complete.

Star Strike - need all

That way we can help complete games too. Some of us will even give you parts.

i will work on a list. someone emailed me about a game lot but the link was dead to ebay. plus i think i kinda decided ebay wasnt the way to go for me. gotta buy up half the planets supply to get what i need and my bank account cant handle too much of that so tryin a different route! :) whats the deal with games with red and blue boxes. anyone know the production numbers on each color and why they did that? also i see some of u enjoy intelli 3 or pro game system or sears something. r there any real differences? i have a handful of the regular ones and my original intelli 2 with a bumb controller. stay tuned. nice to find some other fans! bought a joystick style i havnt seen to date off ebay yesterday. doesnt sound like too many like those tho. i think it might be nice for simple games like space armada. will see.......scot

heres non detailed list of my doubles:

sea battle-2

b-17 bomber-1

armor battle-1

las vegas poker-3

space armada-1

astrosmash-2

space battle-1star strike-3

baseball-1

skiing-2

auto racing-1

donkey kong-2

burgertime-2

triple action-1

spacehawk-2

dungeons and dragons-1

frogger-1

horse racing-1

night stalker-3

lock n chase-2

sub hunt-1

stampede-1

sharp shot-1

heres list of the carts i am still looking for:

beamrider

beauty and the beast

blockade runner

boxing

bump n jump

buzz bombers

championship tennis

chip shot golf

commando

congo bongo

defender

diner

dragonfire

dreadnaught factor

electric company word fun

fathom

jetsons way with words

kool aid man

learning fun1 &2

mind strike

motorcross

mountain madness skiing

mouse trap

mr basic meets bits n bytes

basketball

pacman

pinball

pole position

popeye

qbert

river raid

safecracker

scooby doos maze chase

sewer sam

slam dunk basketball

slap shot hockey

space spartans

spiker volleyball

stadium mud buggies

super cobra

super pro decathlon

super pro football

swords and sepants

tennis

thin ice

triple challenge

tropical trouble

trom deadly discs

truckin

turbo

tutankham

chess

vectron

venture

world champoinship baseball

world cup soccer

world series major league baseball (intellivoice?)

worm whomper

whew i think that covers it! :) i am missing one snafu control insert for all my good boxed stuff. will see about other missin stuff but eventually want to have all boxed and complete so unsure i need to go there yet?

Edited by scott9771

Hi Scott,

First of all, welcome to the forums! This (generally) is the place to be for all things Intellivision, including trading games. A quick suggestion....I would recommend starting a new thread in the Intellivision/Aquarius sub-forum http://atariage.com/forums/forum/125-intellivision-aquarius/. Then you can have a dedicated thread for your trades, instead of using the eBay thread, which is huge and can be hard to search for past posts.

Next, our resident Cmart was nice enough to make a list of all 125 original releases, which doesn't get into the massive number of subtle (and not so subtle) variations that some of us now collect. It also doesn't include the newer homebrews/3rd party recent releases. By the way, you should check those out :-D Here's the 125 checklist:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214218-cmarts-original-125-checklist/

Cmart was nice enough to break these up into categories. You can look through it yourself, but basically to start you have a few generations of 1st party releases (Mattel, Intellivision Inc, INTV Corp). The earlier Mattel games are broken up into Networks (Sports, Action, Strategy, Gaming, Learning, Arcade, Space, Intellivoice, ECS). The networks are color coded and you can also tell which network a game is by looking on the spine of the box. After the Mattel releases, there were ~10 games released in 1983. Then ~22 released in the late 80s under the name INTV Corp. These are some of the best, rarest, and priciest games for the Intellivision. There are also 3rd party releases as well (Activision, Imagic, Coleco, Parker Brothers, Atarisoft, Interphase, Dextel, Sega). Also worth mentioning is the Sears releases. Sears never produced any unique games, but they did alter the box art and manuals of 29 of the Mattel games. They are also a fun and reasonably priced sub-collection (with few exceptions).

A good way to collect (as well as to organize games in general) is by these categories. I find it easier to keep track of the 125 by breaking into manageable Networks/makers. Here's a pic of my collection (with plenty still missing), but you can see how the categories all fit together:

Main game collection

Here's the Sears Super Video Arcade games mentioned earlier:

Sears Collection

Collecting:
Just a few thoughts (things I wish I would have started off thinking about). You should decide early on if you want to end up with CIB (complete) games, or if you're OK with loose carts and would simply consider the accessories a bonus. Many of the games "require" overlays and reading the manual is sometimes a must. That being said, you can find copies of manuals online here: http://kentrepairs.com/General/Intellivision.asp One of the nice things about Intellivision vs other games is that they mostly came in nice gatefold boxes that had places to store all of the components, so many people kept it all together in the box instead of keeping the cart and chucking the rest. This makes collecting CIB games for Intellivision pretty doable. Also, most of the common releases can be had for under $5 each (there are at least 45-60 I would consider in this range). Pretty much most of the Sports, Action, Strategy, Gaming, Learning, Arcade, Space, & Intellivoice network games are a must CIB, in my opinion. The only reason I mention all of this is that it's a pain to upgrade.
The easier/common games are probably best obtained by buying big lots of games. Most big lots are loaded with commons and average around $1/game if you're lucky. Definitely scrutinize the condition and try to avoid crap looking lots. You'll thank me later. Trades on AtariAge are also a great way to go. Many of us have extra commons and are pretty generous/fair traders.
Most of your games are pretty common and most of your duplicates are common as well. You might not get too many offers for your duplicates, unless you have some unusual variants in there (pics will tell all). Ideally, we would have some other newer collectors that are missing everything that you have and vice versa ;) The games that you are still missing are mostly the rarer ones, but if you're patient and diligent, you will inch your way closer and closer to the 125.
Homebrews:
You are very lucky to be getting into the Intellivision right now because in the past few years there has been an explosion in new releases. Lots of new and previously unavailable titles are coming out so keep an eye on their websites. They usually list new offerings here as well, so keep an eye out. Sometimes they are limited and go fast. If you're looking for a place to start, I'd recommend D2K and Carol vs Ghost (links at the bottom).
Last words of advice:
1. Always consider the condition quality of the game, not just that you need it. I rushed at first, but found myself unsatisfied with my poor condition games and upgraded later. Also, you typically pay for quality, which means you often pay more for a mint game, but get "deals" on heavily worn ones.
2. Don't try to fly through it. Collecting is really fun, so take some time to enjoy it and don't be discouraged if things are hard to find or expensive. Be patient and be happy with your eventual purchase.
3. As fun as it is to collect, take some time to actually play the games. I sometimes find myself spending hours on eBay and driving to flea markets/garage sales/thrift stores/etc, yet I may go days or weeks without playing.
Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!
-jason
http://www.intvfunhouse.com/mattel/#List (our very own intvsteve has quite possibly the mother of all Intellivision reference sites)
http://www.elektronite.com/ (Currently available homebrews by Elektronite/GamesForYourIntellivision....and more to come)
http://carolvsghost.com/ (our very own dZ-Jay has designed one of my favorite homebrews. With X-mas soon approaching, you will want to buy this ASAP!)
http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/ (our very own Revolutionika has a very good site for Intellivision news....and some recent products)
http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/the-125-club (since you're going for 125, here are others who have already accomplished the feat)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 5

1. Always consider the condition quality of the game, not just that you need it. I rushed at first, but found myself unsatisfied with my poor condition games and upgraded later. Also, you typically pay for quality, which means you often pay more for a mint game, but get "deals" on heavily worn ones.
2. Don't try to fly through it. Collecting is really fun, so take some time to enjoy it and don't be discouraged if things are hard to find or expensive. Be patient and be happy with your eventual purchase.
3. As fun as it is to collect, take some time to actually play the games. I sometimes find myself spending hours on eBay and driving to flea markets/garage sales/thrift stores/etc, yet I may go days or weeks without playing.
Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!
-jason
http://www.intvfunhouse.com/mattel/#List (our very own intvsteve has quite possibly the mother of all Intellivision reference sites)
http://www.elektronite.com/ (Currently available homebrews by Elektronite/GamesForYourIntellivision....and more to come)
http://carolvsghost.com/ (our very own dZ-Jay has designed one of my favorite homebrews. With X-mas soon approaching, you will want to buy this ASAP!)
http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/ (our very own Revolutionika has a very good site for Intellivision news....and some recent products)
http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/the-125-club (since you're going for 125, here are others who have already accomplished the feat)

Jeez Jason, when do you have the time to write all of this? And it's well written too... good guide for new collectors.

Jeez Jason, when do you have the time to write all of this? And it's well written too... good guide for new collectors.

I found that by not mailing your Armor Battle manual and by just letting the Grab Bag sit on my floor gathering dust I have plenty of time to play Mouse Trap and give collecting advice ;) BTW, I swear I'm taking the manual to the Post Office tomorrow. I get off work early and will be stopping on the way home. Sorry again for it taking so long.

I found that by not mailing your Armor Battle manual and by just letting the Grab Bag sit on my floor gathering dust I have plenty of time to play Mouse Trap and give collecting advice ;) BTW, I swear I'm taking the manual to the Post Office tomorrow. I get off work early and will be stopping on the way home. Sorry again for it taking so long.

The needs of the many outweigh the need a the few :) And please don't swear.

all i need is complete and used! :) BUT this auction is NOT for a new unused cart its for COPY and not anywhere near complete? what did i miss?......scot

Everyone has a different way to collect. Condition isn't everything. Would I love to have a full collection that is minty? Of course, who wouldn't? I'm realistic however to the fact that I would never spend over $100 for something that's just a hobby. Based upon that, I would rather have a complete collection in varying degrees of condition than spend what it takes to get a nice mint collection. Like I said everyone has their own philosophy.

Bill makes a good point. You definitely pay for quality. Quality is also relative, meaning there's always a better copy/upgrade out there. You can go broke aiming for perfection, especially since price can skyrocket for the mintiest games. Factory sealed and VGA, for example, although these are often not even mint.....which brings me to my point. Like Bill said, everyone has a different collecting style. Some need the best and are willing to pay for it, but others don't mind the games having a little wear and tear. That's just evidence that it was appreciated enough to be played ;-) I have just found that, before starting a multiyear 100+ game collecting endeavor, taking some time to determine where you sit pricewise and conditionwise can save you time, energy, and money.

• Like 1