IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Lol, glad they had some fun with it. Funny stuff. Let's keep this going :D

My latest reply:

Wow, thanks for the high praise! Messiah of Intellivision pricing! Love it! Unfortunately, I'm no God, but I am the producer of a retro gaming podcast that gets thousands of downloads a month, and has listeners all over the world - most of whom are game collectors and ebay shoppers. I can't take credit for finding this item, it was one of our listeners who pointed it out. But the good news is, because of your fantastic explanation you've inspired me to do a new segment about 'creative' ebay sellers! Go you!

So I was wrong about your pricing decision being drug influenced, my bad. I see it's just plain old deception / bait and switch. Drum up curiosity with an outrageous price in a published listing that states "No major damages or issues were noticed", change it up to make unsuspecting buyers think they're now getting a bargain, and cash out! Monster Deal! Sweet plan! Seems legit.

One observation though... based on your kind words you clearly value my opinion as a 'world ignorance cop' (and thanks for the highway safety warning too, much appreciated!) .. I'm just wondering about your quality control process over there in 'monster-deal' land. Seems to me the sliced and diced box in a plastic case would indicate what most of us would consider damage, no? I assume that will be changed when the new "low priced" listing goes live, right?

Anyway, have a super fantastic day!

• Like 3

My latest reply:

One observation though.... I'm just wondering about your quality control process over there in 'monster-deal' land. Seems to me the sliced and diced box in a plastic case would indicate what most of us would consider damage, no?

I think the mentality of a lot of sellers is that if the cart is in "mint" condition, then the entire auction is listed as mint or new. Collectors obviously disagree as boxes are desired.

You should invite them to do an interview on the podcast! Maybe you guys eventually become bff's. Also, the only way to settle all of this is on the biplane court...to the death!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 2

Are you bummed about missing out on the recent homebrew "monster deal"? Well, today is your lucky day! From the fine folks at CheapoDepot, you can now snatch up this $65 sealed Lock 'n' Chase with FREE expedited shipping!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2329975165631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=232997516563&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 2

Are you bummed about missing out on the recent homebrew "monster deal"? Well, today is your lucky day! From the fine folks at CheapoDepot, you can now snatch up this $65 sealed Lock 'n' Chase with FREE expedited shipping!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2329975165631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=232997516563&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And another grammar ace too!

"THIS THE COMPLETE SET VERSION"

So much better than THIS THE NOT COMPLETE SET VERSION.

:grin:

• Like 1

I hope that searching for Lock n Chase would find https://www.ebay.com/itm/302940593963as well.

BTW, I put up some signed Burger Time gatefold yesterday - https://www.ebay.com/itm/302951033399

Also, the Intellivision running man ornament is available in limited supply at https://blueskyrangers.com

• Like 1

Hi all,

I know you guys are a bunch of hardcore Intellivision fans, but for you closet traders out there I just listed a bunch of new shrinkwrapped Atari games and some new but not shrinkwrapped games and some hardware on ebay.

I also have lots of items I did not post (computers, disk drives, cassette drive, printers (1025 and 1027) and a Gorilla Banana printer in the box.

Here is a link to one of them, to see more just punch the see more items line.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202503460114

Thanks,

HJ

post-36757-0-71505200-1542309590_thumb.jpg

Edited by Humblejack

So this seemingly average eBay listing had a bit of a surprise... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1633641690131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=163364169013&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is why I look at pretty much every listing with a reasonable price. You just never know:

MTE201.jpg

Does anyone make a manual for this cart? I'd love to have one to put with it since I already have the re-pro box.

• Like 4

So this seemingly average eBay listing had a bit of a surprise... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1633641690131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=163364169013&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is why I look at pretty much every listing with a reasonable price. You just never know:

MTE201.jpg

Does anyone make a manual for this cart? I'd love to have one to put with it since I already have the re-pro box.

I can scan the original manual for you.

• Like 1