IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Well it was resisted so I snagged it as well as the Hover Force cart. I'm not sure what to expect from this but it was cheap enough.

• Like 1

How many of you have made "deals" outside of eBay? I just did one, for the first time, and it feels weird. Someone had a HUGE lot on eBay for a really high price. I messaged him saying that if it didn't sell, would you be willing to add a BIN of $300.00 plus shipping? After the auction ended with no bids, he messaged me with his phone number. I called and he says fine, but can we do outside of eBay? I said sure and (after saying no to just paying by Credit Card) I paid him via Paypal with enough to absorb his Paypal fees.

It felt weird ... and makes me nervous. I don't think that I plan on doing it much ... anyone else do this before?

How many of you have made "deals" outside of eBay? I just did one, for the first time, and it feels weird. Someone had a HUGE lot on eBay for a really high price. I messaged him saying that if it didn't sell, would you be willing to add a BIN of $300.00 plus shipping? After the auction ended with no bids, he messaged me with his phone number. I called and he says fine, but can we do outside of eBay? I said sure and (after saying no to just paying by Credit Card) I paid him via Paypal with enough to absorb his Paypal fees.

It felt weird ... and makes me nervous. I don't think that I plan on doing it much ... anyone else do this before?

Yes. I've asked sellers to invoice me via Paypal for the agreed-upon amount. Not sure if the invoice "protects" you more, but the seller can input what is being shipped, and then you can decide whether to pay. Paypal offers its own buyer protection program, although I've never had to use and don't know how it compares to eBay's.

I have done so several times without issue. But I check to their ebay feedback and the types of items they have sold in the past. If most of it is video games, I do not have a problem. This is how I was able to aquire Tutankham and 2 Super Cobra's from England. He would not sell to the US because ebay feedback seemed to always take a hit for long delays in shipping, but outside he did not have a problem. Just talk to them and get a feel for the transaction that way.

if you sell on ebay, if you have sold less than 100 items, paypal holds the payment for 21 days or until feedback is posted from the buyer,

meanwhile you've already paid for shipping, if it's going across the ocean this gets expensive.

Selling the same items outside of ebay, still using paypal there is no hold, so sellers may prefer to sell this way,

it doesn't mean it's fraudulent, just faster to get paid.

I have never been burned buying from anyone in this forum.

if you sell on ebay, if you have sold less than 100 items, paypal holds the payment for 21 days or until feedback is posted from the buyer,

meanwhile you've already paid for shipping, if it's going across the ocean this gets expensive.

Selling the same items outside of ebay, still using paypal there is no hold, so sellers may prefer to sell this way,

strange. I havent sold anywhere near 100 items and i have never had a payment held.

He mentioned that they've been holding his payments (that's why he originally just wanted just a credit card number). Paying directly through PayPal solved that, gave me more peace of mind and saved him eBay fees. Only domestic shipping, but it was 37 pounds worth of Intellivision goodness ... still pretty expensive to ship! It'll get me one closer to 125 (will be at 117) and give me some nice items for potential trade.

And I agree, I've NEVER been burned by someone on the forums.

I made one deal outside of eBay, but it ws only for $20 and the seller had good feedback. There is risk in making side deals, so I try to avoid it. Now negotiated deals within eBay, on the other hand, I do all the time. Especially the "if it doesn't sell, would you lower price to $ as a BIN". Also, I have found that if you kidnap one of their children they usually make good with the games.....usually ;-)

• Like 1

I made one deal outside of eBay, but it ws only for $20 and the seller had good feedback. There is risk in making side deals, so I try to avoid it. Now negotiated deals within eBay, on the other hand, I do all the time. Especially the "if it doesn't sell, would you lower price to $ as a BIN". Also, I have found that if you kidnap one of their children they usually make good with the games.....usually ;-)

Kidnapping one of my children may actually save me money, lol!

• Like 1

Interesting find: CIB European Zaxxon still at a very low price: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3806314983041?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380631498304&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] but box so-so only.

I recently bought one so my Zaxxon thirst is quenched: a French version in very good condition, though for an "ok" price only. Still looking for a Worm Whomper box, though. That's my remaining Inty main objective for this year (I managed to fulfill all the others already! :) )

I didn't win that Zaxxon, but I won the seller's Donkey Kong, the one with the angry Kong/silver barrel cover.