IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

WOW. No ... did not see that ... or I might have given them a run for their money.

Atari ... what an insult! :mad:

I guess this goes to show that maybe, just maybe, you can actually find a Spiker in the wild (assuming the thrift store you are at doesn't have an e-commerce site) :). Apologies for not posting that auction earlier so people here could bid on it but I had delusions that I could keep up with the bidding...and it didn't shoot past my limit until the last 10 minutes.

Ya, Atari.. Hell, a bunch of the games have "Intellivision" stamped on the front of them.

What does a loose Spiker go for? It comes up so infrequently that i have no idea.

Based on this auction and guesstimated prices for all the games-

$100 for SMB

$70 for Body Slam

$20 for Defender

$8-10 for Slam Dunk

$30 for commons,

Makes ~$330 for Spiker?

Ya when I first stumbled across that auction my eyes almost fell out of my head.

Me too... I was wondering whether this would get past anybody who only looks at Intellivision auctions and not Atari. I bet that won't happen anymore.

Anyway, I was the higher bidder for a while but things totally heated up at the last minute. My bid was $450 and every time I tried to increase it I was already overbid.

... well the bidding got to $44 and then someone went "MUST BUY IT NOW" at $500. I guess they really wanted the item. I think that flyer is very rare (I never even heard of it until this sale).

The winning bidder looks like he may just be an inexperienced buyer who was the 2nd place bidder the first time this was sold on 4/23

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MATTEL-ELECTRONICS-INTELLIVISON-INTELLIGENT-TV-GAME-CONSOLE-/111328177384?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=tuYox6Qg7Jfd4YBHp7p%252FGFwkR0s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Anyone here win the Spiker! and Mud Buggies (and others) loose auction? I bailed out at $400...

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=16332561

I had the high on it until today. I was nievely hoping no one noticed since it was labeled Atari. That's just a stupid thought in today's world though. I bailed at $300+ and frankly am glad I lost. After thinking about it for a while $300 was just more than this was worth for this lot of loose carts IMO (even given the rarity of the carts). I regretted the bid after I placed it. Fortunately several folks bailed me out with bids higher that that. Goodwill is pretty much on par these days with ebay in pricing. I hate to say that often things even go higher than ebay. It used to be a place to pick up a bargain every now and again. No longer.

Didn't see but went fully priced considering no manuals included I believe. Spiker + Stadium + Body Slam basically rare ones in there. Not a rip off, but no bargain either. Good for seller.

At absolute top of the line this lot was maybe fully priced. I personally think it was overpriced by as much as $100 for what was included. This is especially true in that there is no guarantee that it will work. Things are never tested at Goodwill. You get what you get. Real shame if that Spiker ends up being a $350 paperweight.

Edited by Atari_Bill

I had the high on it until today. I was nievely hoping no one noticed since it was labeled Atari. That's just a stupid thought in today's world though. I bailed at $300+ and frankly am glad I lost. After thinking about it for a while $300 was just more than this was worth for this lot of loose carts IMO (even given the rarity of the carts). I regretted the bid after I placed it. Fortunately several folks bailed me out with bids higher that that. Goodwill is pretty much on par these days with ebay in pricing. I hate to say that often things even go higher than ebay. It used to be a place to pick up a bargain every now and again. No longer.

It was me that passed you this morning. I was the highest bidder at $451 with two minutes to go and then the last minute got crazy. I am also glad I got bailed out as well... my last bid was almost an impulse. When it went over $550 I was glad I was out.

I agree on the Goodwill auctions, it's harder and harder to find bargains and what really kills me is the price for shipping and the handling fees they tack on.

What does a loose Spiker go for? It comes up so infrequently that i have no idea.

$100 for SMB

$70 for Body Slam

$20 for Defender

$8-10 for Slam Dunk

$30 for commons,

Makes ~$330 for Spiker?

Those figures are pretty good guesstimates. I'd say Spiker loose between $300-350 is about right.

I was half expecting that you were going to buy it. :-)

I'm pretty sure I already have one of those. I was going to half heartedly bid in the $250-300 range. There's no way I'd pay $500 for an open box. Now a sealed Sylvania might fetch $500 these days, and a sealed Digiplay as well. :)

Now a sealed Sylvania might fetch $500 these days, and a sealed Digiplay as well. :)

A sealed Sylvania would fetch that... but it's hard enough to find one complete with instructions. And a sealed Digiplay?? Where can a mere mortal get one of those?

A sealed Sylvania would fetch that... but it's hard enough to find one complete with instructions. And a sealed Digiplay?? Where can a mere mortal get one of those?

Yah I've never seen a sealed Digi 1 or 2. They're actually quite hard to find with a decent box period, never mind sealed.

Pics?

What they said.

I'm on the lookout for the Tron SS, Frog Bog, and Checkers I.I. manuals.....and the black and white Backgammon cart ;-)

I created a separate thread for Tron Solar Sailer - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225122-tron-solar-sailer-variants/

I posted pics and comments..

Jason, has it been factually confirmed that there are I.I. manuals for Frog Bog and Checkers?? Does anybody have any pics of these?

$100 for SMB

$70 for Body Slam

$20 for Defender

$8-10 for Slam Dunk

$30 for commons,

Makes ~$330 for Spiker?

If I remember correctly, the last loose eBay Spiker went for $650...unless it was best offer. Can't remember. Either way, I'm guessing one could easily fetch $400, especially if it were a BIN. I don't think I could go over $200-250.

Your other prices are about right.

I created a separate thread for Tron Solar Sailer - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225122-tron-solar-sailer-variants/

I posted pics and comments..

Jason, has it been factually confirmed that there are I.I. manuals for Frog Bog and Checkers?? Does anybody have any pics of these?

Steve has them.

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/intellivisioninc/manual/frog-100.jpg

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/intellivisioninc/manual/chek-100.jpg

Yeah, it's a gray area where the games that never had a box are concerned. IIRC Tron and Loco-Motion don't have copyright info on them. Not sure about Frog Bog and Checkers. I don't recall actually owning the Checkers manual -- may be just a scan from Hankster.

$100 for SMB

$70 for Body Slam

$20 for Defender

$8-10 for Slam Dunk

$30 for commons,

Makes ~$330 for Spiker?

Here's the average cart-only selling prices (from a tracking spreadsheet):

• Spiker $520
  • Body Slam $69
  • SMB $85
  • Defender $23
  • Slam Dunk $14
  • the rest for ~$30

This brings the total lot's value to... $741.

The buyer got a pretty good deal, though not OMG fantastic.