IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Hi Jasonlikesintv & dZ,

If you don't have or haven't played Tower of Doom I encourage you to give it a try. I remember getting it in 1987 when 1st came out and it really is a nicely done game with several adventures you can play (I believe 9 or 10 different ones) - an excellent game to complete the AD&D Trilogy! Give it a shot and share your thoughts, but this is a good one as was stated by many others! Have fun!

^ This.

Tower of Doom can be kind of cryptic, so if anyone needs help getting started (after reading the manual and playing for a while), I've got a WIP strategy guide here at StrategyWiki. It's rough and very much under construction, but it's the first thing on the Internet to make a substantive attempt to delve into the game's secrets and structure.

I suspect in that case that the catalog was mailed out to companies and vendors that were going to be attending the Winter CES -- see where it says that you can find Mattell Electronics at booth such and such? So this would still be part of the 'trade show' mentioned on the BSR page. Although I wouldn't call the CES a 'trade show'. :)

It looks like Toy & Hobby World was an "industry publication", which puts it somewhere between a regular magazine and a trade show handout.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 6:47 pm

Mood: Bored :P

Ate some flies. I think an eagle was eyeing me, but he got the mouse from next door instead. Ribbit.

(No comments)

---------

Wednesday, May 7, 2014, 11:47 pm

Mood: Worried :(

Oh crap oh crap. Irma sez she's pregnant. Or, the eggs are, I guess. She won't shut up about it. I can't deal with tadpoles right now, I've got exams.

Can't sleep. Need to talk to doctor about my meds. Flies today were good tho.

(2 comments)

---------

Thursday, May 8, 2014, 9:47 pm

Mood: Relieved :)

The eagle got Irma. Better her than me. Looks like it was a false alarm about the eggs too, or maybe a turtle ate them. I don't really care, not my problem.

Flies today were great, best all year. Had dinner with cute girl who showed up a couple days ago, I think her name's Shelly. Ribbit.

(7 comments)

---------

• Like 5

Ate some flies. I think an eagle was eyeing me, but he got the mouse from next door instead. Ribbit.

(No comments)

---------

Oh crap oh crap. Irma sez she's pregnant. Or, the eggs are, I guess. She won't shut up about it. I can't deal with tadpoles right now, I've got exams.

(2 comments)

---------

The eagle got Irma. Better her than me. Looks like it was a false alarm about the eggs too, or maybe a turtle ate them. I don't really care, not my problem.

Flies today were great, best all year. Had dinner with cute girl who showed up a couple days ago, I think her name's Shelly. Ribbit.

(7 comments)

---------

Awesome; wife and I had a good laugh.

• Like 1

Why is that rare???? Is everyone being sarcastic?

It's the Intellivision Inc version.

In order of rarity for Roulette variations (not including foreign versions):

Intellivision Inc

Sears

Mattel USA with full color manual

Mattel USA with monochrome manual

Mattel Hong Kong version

Ironically, you see a similar pattern for Backgammon variation rarity:

Intellivision Inc (super rare)

Sears (decently rare)

Mattel USA with full color manual (kinda rare)

Other versions (common)

AND Checkers...

Intellivision Inc (only manual has been documented, maybe a cart)

Sears

Mattel USA full color

Others

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

(No comments)

---------

(2 comments)

---------

(7 comments)

---------

Lol! Creative as ever. :)

• Like 1

Hey all... I'm trying to sell an Intellivision plus a ton of games on eBay for my in-laws. I'm not well versed in the Intellivision world... we had one way back in the "olden days" so I've played it plenty, but that was decades ago. This setup belonged to by my wife's parents. They were pretty good about taking care of the unit. I have the original box as well as the original boxes for all the games. I have manuals and overlays for nearly all the games as well. I don't know if any of these are rare games or not. I also can't vouch for every games working. I know the unit itself works and any game I tested worked, but I didn't test all 36 of 'em.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251533952240

Here's the list of games:

Game Name Box Manual Overlay

Beauty and the Beast -- yes yes 2

Ice Trek -- yes yes 2

Nova blast -- yes yes 2

Demon Attack -- yes yes 2

Atlantis -- yes yes 2

Dragon fire -- yes yes 2

Micro Surgeon -- yes yes 2

Donkey Kong -- yes yes 0

Venture -- yes yes 0

Skiing -- yes yes 2

Snafu -- yes yes 2

Pitfall -- yes yes 2

Tron Maze-a-tron -- yes yes 2

Popeye -- yes yes 0

Autoracing -- yes yes 2

Vectron -- yes yes 1

Subhunt -- yes yes 3

Triple Action -- yes yes 4

Mission X -- yes yes 1

Loco-Motion -- yes yes 1

Burger Time -- yes yes 2

Lock 'n' Chase -- yes yes 2

NASL Soccer -- yes yes 2

Mouse Trap -- yes yes 1

Major League Baseball -- yes yes 2

Buze Bombers -- yes yes 2

Blockade Runner -- yes yes 0

Armor Battle -- yes yes 2

Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack -- yes yes 2

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons -- yes yes 2

Space Battle -- yes yes 1

Tron Deadly Disks -- yes yes 2

Space Hawk -- yes no 2

Night Stalker -- yes yes 2

Astrosmash -- yes yes 2

Sewer Sam -- yes yes 0

If this is against forum rules, please delete this message and accept my apologies for posting.

Edited by rrbee

rrbee,

No real rarities stand out, but there may be a packaging variation that some of us ... OCD types would like. Can't tell w/o poring over the actual specific manuals / labels / boxes / overlays.

Looks like there are a few Intellivision, Inc. variants in there, and that Triton catalog is nice.

Oh, and of course, it's a Super Pro System, which is bonus. Too bad about that controller.

Anyhow, whoever gets this will get a great mix of some awesome games - a solid representation of the console. Good luck on the sale!

Someone got a good deal!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1613000453351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161300045335&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Wow, who got this gem? Nice rare find!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2614784520161?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261478452016&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Apparently I was due for a good week :-D

How rare is the Intellivision, Inc. SNAFU in relation to the others? It's one of the few I have left to find, besides Backgammon, Math Fun, Hockey and Soccer...

rrbee,

No real rarities stand out, but there may be a packaging variation that some of us ... OCD types would like. Can't tell w/o poring over the actual specific manuals / labels / boxes / overlays.

Looks like there are a few Intellivision, Inc. variants in there, and that Triton catalog is nice.

Oh, and of course, it's a Super Pro System, which is bonus. Too bad about that controller.

Anyhow, whoever gets this will get a great mix of some awesome games - a solid representation of the console. Good luck on the sale!

Any specific boxes/manuals you want better pictures of?

And yeah, the controller is a problem. You can see where my in-laws taped it on before. The semi-good news is that the bottom peg is still there, so there's at least SOME support there. If you don't tap it or glue it, it will spin obviously. But I didn't want to do something that would potentially wreak it or drop the value. Figured if a good Intellivision fan got it they'd know best how to repair/replace it.

What's the benefit of the Super Pro vs. regular? We had a regular when I was growing up I believe.

Oh, I also have a bunch of catalogs that came with various games and the system. Not sure if those have any value but I'll throw them in with whoever wins the auction.

Thanks for your info... I do appreciate learning more. Part of me wants to keep it just for the memories... but realistically my kids will never play it and I'd probably drag it out once a year... if that! I'd rather get it into the hands of someone who would value it more... and of course getting a little coin for my in-laws isn't a bad thing either.

Does $52 as a start point seem reasonable?

Apparently I was due for a good week :-D

How rare is the Intellivision, Inc. SNAFU in relation to the others? It's one of the few I have left to find, besides Backgammon, Math Fun, Hockey and Soccer...

Snafu is pretty rare, but not impossible. Backgammon is exceedingly rare. I only know of a few people who own one (Steve and I). Ironically, Math Fun might be the easiest to find on that list. Hockey is pretty rare too - I saw one on eBay a month or so ago. I got my Soccer sealed from Venezuela, but I think others did too so you might find one. Roulette is a really tough one to get out of the way.

Not mint, but if anyone is looking for the rarer version of Space Spartans (USA is rarer than the Hong Kong version):

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2813404321371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=281340432137&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hi, that's my auction. Didn't know it was a "rarer" version. I bought it sealed a few months back on eBay and the seller sent it to me in an envelope...grrr...so the box is no longer mint. But the game is new (I plugged it in once to make sure it worked before I listed it).

Dana

Edited by Special Teams