IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Has anyone here used Ebay's Global Shipping Program, where the seller ships to a U.S. shipping center and someone else handles the rest? I haven't, but I'd love to know if it makes the process better for both parties. Shipping internationally can sometimes be a pain, but I've been on the other end, too, and had to find someone in Europe to accept a package and forward it to me.er

I used it . I just started it .is very easy for seller but i think it costs the buyer more. But for now that is the only way i feel safe shipping out of the country. A lot of things i sell has free shipping at least in USA

Has anyone here used Ebay's Global Shipping Program, where the seller ships to a U.S. shipping center and someone else handles the rest? I haven't, but I'd love to know if it makes the process better for both parties. Shipping internationally can sometimes be a pain, but I've been on the other end, too, and had to find someone in Europe to accept a package and forward it to me.

Yep ... definitely easy on the seller (I use it for another account that I have). Limitations are that you cannot combine shipping as everything has to be shipped separately. Not sure about the buyer experience other than the costs are higher through it.

Yep ... definitely easy on the seller (I use it for another account that I have). Limitations are that you cannot combine shipping as everything has to be shipped separately. Not sure about the buyer experience other than the costs are higher through it.

Costs for the buyer are a lot higher, I do not use it.

I used it . I just started it .is very easy for seller but i think it costs the buyer more. But for now that is the only way i feel safe shipping out of the country. A lot of things i sell has free shipping at least in USA

GSP is, if I can be a bit colourful here, a complete fucking ripoff for Canadians. GSP takes a $5 shipping charge and turns it into $30. It makes Ebay completely pointless. And I've seen examples of much worse - think $50 to ship a single cartridge.

Again, Canada is a 1st world country that is literally right next door. We do not have to bribe customs inspectors, or get past the mafia, or are rife with con artists, or whatever it is people think international shipping brings. We are basically the USA with a different currency and a slightly higher shipping cost. We're a hell of a lot closer than Hawaii or Alaska, and yet those places are considered "local" when it comes to shipping while Canada is "international".

I really wish there was a concept of "North America" when it came to things like product distribution, shipping, etc (yes, Mexico complicates things depending on one's definition). There's no reason Canada should be treated like Brazil, but unfortunately that's how much of the US sees the world - the US and "everyone else".

I have to agree. It is so easy to ship international. I use USPS for all my international shipping and can do the customs form online. It prints with postage and customs all combined on one label. Very Simple.

If you take orders with PayPal you can even print first class postage through PayPal, but not the USPS. They lowest cost they do is priority.

So between the two, the only reason I step into a post office is to drop off packages. And they have lobby bins for that.

Do you know if shipping Priority to Canada (or other countries) is the same and customs and postage are combined in one label? At the moment i only ship First Class International (4 pounds and under) to Canada and a few other select countries. If it's over 4 pounds i only use the Global Shipping program since i was not sure if it was as convenient (for myself) as First Class. I don't ever leave the house anymore to go to the post office. I use the package pick up service through USPS.

All countries customs paperwork is done the same way (on one sheet) on ebay, you can even change the item decription and price of the items sold-

All Priority Mail has to be marked as such, if you don't use the post offices boxes the ones you use have to have the USPS priority sticker on them-

I use my own boxes to ship Priority International and drop them off at the post office to get stickered and sent. It's the cheapest way to send things Priority that I've found-

You should use USPS.com to get the lowest price, they discount online mailing. First Class Package International is a good way to go to Canada.....and Freeweed, don't think all Americans think Canada is "third world".....we don't.....they are our friendly neighbor. Postage to Alaska and Hawaii for the most part is like sending to another state in the 48, even tho USPS loses money (I assume), it's part of the USA so they make the rate the same....

Hmm...$150 for a set of 60 singles for the Flashback or $15 for the 50 remaining pairs to supplement the 10 pairs I already have...I CAN'T DECIDE!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2216333208561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221633320856&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Just a question I haven't had a chance to check but are the orphan overlays (in the set) the same as what Intellivision Inc is supplying?

Edited by stc2009

Just a question I haven't had a chance to check but are the orphan overlays (in the set) the same as what Intellivision Inc is supplying?

I haven't asked, but I think he might be fabricating his own, however he may be copying some designs. Again, I'm not really sure.

Edit: It does look like he has mostly unique designs for the INTV Corp games (different from Roger's]

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I don't think he ever thought there would be a official commercial release of the overlays. From my email conversation with him these are pretty labor intensive overlays…hand made set by set…I hope he enjoyed doing the art. It is tempting as a collector to want even "Folk Art" related INTV stuff…but a set of two each here is way out of the ball park…would only think of something priced like that for one of the Boxed Orphan Overlay Collections.

I've heard enough horror stories about eBay's Global Shipping Program that I have not tried it.

I avoid auctions with the Global Shipping Program because they calculate what the custom fees and taxes would be and cash that in advance from you!

But as a matter of fact I had to pay this year no taxes on any of my international orders. And the most Intellivision related shippings are over the limit for free imports.

GSP is, if I can be a bit colourful here, a complete fucking ripoff for Canadians. GSP takes a $5 shipping charge and turns it into $30. It makes Ebay completely pointless. And I've seen examples of much worse - think $50 to ship a single cartridge.

Again, Canada is a 1st world country that is literally right next door. We do not have to bribe customs inspectors, or get past the mafia, or are rife with con artists, or whatever it is people think international shipping brings. We are basically the USA with a different currency and a slightly higher shipping cost. We're a hell of a lot closer than Hawaii or Alaska, and yet those places are considered "local" when it comes to shipping while Canada is "international".

I really wish there was a concept of "North America" when it came to things like product distribution, shipping, etc (yes, Mexico complicates things depending on one's definition). There's no reason Canada should be treated like Brazil, but unfortunately that's how much of the US sees the world - the US and "everyone else".

I say this with peace and love and as someone who has traveled and worked in Canada extensively. Canada's postal system is among the worst in the world. I have literally shipped items to and from Europe and Asia in half the time it takes for something to go from California to Vancouver or Toronto. I've had more items lost and damaged in Canadian postal hands than any other country in the world. Honestly, I don't know what it is, but I have many friends who live in Canada and they report similar experiences. Canada is an amazing country in many ways, but it has a terrible postal system.

Someone on Craigslist has a number of sealed games and some consoles that have barely been used. I've dealt with this guy; he's reputable and willing to mail stuff.

If you ping him, he's likely to be able to email you higher quality images than what Craigslist displays.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/vgm/4774842572.html

Someone on Craigslist has a number of sealed games and some consoles that have barely been used. I've dealt with this guy; he's reputable and willing to mail stuff.

If you ping him, he's likely to be able to email you higher quality images than what Craigslist displays.

Thanks for this! I emailed him tonight. Really want a few items there that are sealed.

Thanks for this! I emailed him tonight. Really want a few items there that are sealed.

I don't think any of his stuff is actually sealed. At least not the bulk of it and not factory sealed. He says the boxes are sealed which might be accurate, but the games are clearly pictured as being outside of those sealed boxes.

I don't think any of his stuff is actually sealed. At least not the bulk of it and not factory sealed. He says the boxes are sealed which might be accurate, but the games are clearly pictured as being outside of those sealed boxes.

I emailed the seller, according to him they were resealed after removing their contents as he was thinking of using them for decoration by mounting them on a wall in his gaming area.