IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

You really throw in a sealed copy? Sealed games market is something completely different. If you want to throw in a good example throw in Fathom or Worm Whomper, they droped a lot in the last few years. Meanwhile games like Dig Dug became a bit more expensive (at least the last 1 or 2 years I follewed the market).

Edit: I guess I am not correct with Dig Dug, it probably doesnt really changed.

To your question: No one can tell you how stable this prices are. Maybe you get Spiker for much less in 20 years, maybe not. I also think it will become cheaper, but its just a assumption.

What I do not get: What do you want to point out? Several people told you that they are collecting more than just INTV and no one can tell you how the price will be in 2025. You got your explanation why it costs as much as it costs at the moment and thats it. If you wont accept that it doenst change anything

Edited by Ignorama

It is absolutely relevant. If you only collect for one console with a rather small library it doesn't stress your budget as much as if you collect for all classic consoles and home computers. Personally I've postponed the purchase of Spiker until there is nothing left that I'd rather buy with the money.

And even then I'd have to think twice if the desirability is big enough for me to warrant the price.

It's relevant to you. This is what I mean by demand. For you, other platforms are important, and for others here I'm sure it is, too. It's prioritization per individual collector.

You could collect for every single system ever made, but decide that, come hell or high water, Spiker's the game for you. Then you'll pay whatever it takes, rational or not.

Or, you could choose another game to go after with such intensity. That's up to you.

When others share the same intensity to get the same item, that competition for the item effectively sets its value.

The "market," and other buyers, frankly, do not care one iota how anyone makes their decisions, what their budgets are, or how many systems they collect for.

Sure, I have stuff for other systems, and very casually collect for them. The only one I really care about is Intellivision. The price of Spiker for just a box for me has been out of my acceptable price range for over a decade, despite the fact I collect for only one system. That's not the case for the dozen or so people that have shelled out over $1000 for it, though. I sure wish that my not having the budget for it made a difference and drew the price down, but it doesn't.

• Like 1

Why is the sold date almost a month in the future on this? Is that the date the auction was going to run to?

Edit: got my answer above. eBay has been a pile of bugs lately.

Edited by Atari_Bill

That is a great boxed Spiker! For the record, that is how and where I bought mine back in 1997, Telegames in the U.K.

I tried to order 5 of them as well as many of there other games because the price was great and I was going to sell on Ebay because that seemed cool at the time and it looked like there was a market for the Intellivision games. I believe $70 U.S. dollars at the time!.I tried to order 5 of each of the rare games, but other than Decathlon I only got 1 of each. Lucky me! :P

As far as the games I received including Spiker! both Learning Fun 1 and 2 and everything else no Intv game was ever originally shrink wrapped by Intv Corp. or Telegames. If anyone knows differently, please let me know!

It is easier to afford when you collect for 1 system, though when I see a game I have sell for $1800. it is very tempting to stat selling your collection because you never know which direction the value of the games will go!Tough call..... :_(

If you really have that thought sell the stuff, because you definitely will do it one day and may regret declining prices. I am serious about it. If I bought a game and it goes up and up my only thought is "what a luck I bought it back then when it was quite cheap" and not "hm, should I sell it?".

That said, if you deside to break with your collection contact me for Learning Fun I and II, Mountain Madness and/or Triple Challenge. If you offer them for fair prices they may get a nice new home ;)

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

The hard reality is that more than 10 CIB copies have been sold in the last 3 years. That doesn't really make me feel comfortable to pay $1,000+ for a game that still pops up frequently.

Look how much Giana Sisters games for Amiga are on sale. And they all have this crazy price tags because of this myth that there was a very limited run of this game for Amiga (much more crazy is the price for the C64 game at the bottom of the page that had a much wider release):

eBay Auction -- Item Number: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XGiana+Sisters+Amiga.TRS0&_nkw=Giana+Sisters+Amiga&_sacat=0i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XGiana+Sisters+Amiga.TRS0&_nkw=Giana+Sisters+Amiga&_sacat=0&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Picked up a loose Triple Challenge for less than $70. Label is not pristine, but is that a good buy?

CIB prices hover around $165. If I were looking for loose only I'd be more comfortable around $50...primarily because it's not a 'fun' game to actually play. Each individual game is available cheap, so you only buy it to add to the collection. That being said, it's pretty darn rare and I've impatiently paid more for items I really want plenty of times ;-)

There seems to be a flurry of loose TC carts lately, but during a dry spell you'd probably have no issue getting your money back if you ever change your mind.