IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I don't consider myself a reseller. ...even though I do resell stuff. Weird eh? Hypocrisy at its finest!

It's not hypocrisy. To me, a "re-seller" is someone who's buying stuff with the intent to re-sell it at a profit.

I buy and sell gobs and gobs of games every year. And I re-sell a good fraction of it. Mostly just to make space by getting rid of spares. I buy large lots to fill in holes in the collection, and the rest hopefully goes to a good home. Typically after I've cleaned everything up so that it works better as well. Do I make a profit? Occasionally, although pretty much never when buying from Ebay due to the prices being so high to begin with.

I imagine some re-sellers are also collectors, but they're usually doing it specifically to make money. Same as people who buy a complete game, and part out the pieces. Abhorrent process that just drives up the price of the hobby, but that's what happens in a free market.

Someone's likely to make a significant amount of money on this collection. Someone who either already owns most/all of the games, or isn't a collector to begin with. A little frustrating, but that's how things go.

I got most of the carts in buying tons and tons of lots for the shells. Kinda cool how many titles you can acquire that way.

I'll probably list another one. But it won't be a many titles. Again, all spares from lots.

Yeah, i classify a reseller someone that lists auctions at super high prices.

And you're basically the only person who doesn't rape on "international" shipping. The shipping estimate for a lot of 100 carts + manuals + overlays is about the same as for a single cart from most sellers (not exaggerating). And people wonder why I rant about this so often :P

Lol! Yah it sucks how much shipping has gone up for us. You could always sent me your need list...

And you're basically the only person who doesn't rape on "international" shipping. The shipping estimate for a lot of 100 carts + manuals + overlays is about the same as for a single cart from most sellers (not exaggerating). And people wonder why I rant about this so often :P

I figure auction would end at a good price. Enough to cover any shipping I didn't count on.

I think 4lbs is around where prices really start going up. Dont quote me.

Well, I got you a few extra bucks. I'm stunned that no one was sitting there sniping this one. I guess it got high enough.

Nice Gamecube btw :)

I'm happy with the final price.

I love gamecube. Dont tell the intv brotherhood I have 3 of them and around 50 games.

Math Fun is the only one I'm still missing. Armor Battle, NBA, Math Fun, Checkers, and LV P&B are all tough. MLB & NFL are easy. Backgammon has been showing up a lot lately.

This lot has the Math Fun artwork text variant but it looks pretty rough in the pictures. It could be restored I bet...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-CIB-Intellivision-Games-including-SCOOBY-DOOS-MAZE-CHASE-BUZZ-BOMBERS-/191728990322?hash=item2ca3f03872:g:iXsAAOSw~bFWNmf~

This lot has the Math Fun artwork text variant but it looks pretty rough in the pictures. It could be restored I bet...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-CIB-Intellivision-Games-including-SCOOBY-DOOS-MAZE-CHASE-BUZZ-BOMBERS-/191728990322?hash=item2ca3f03872:g:iXsAAOSw~bFWNmf~

I'll do my best ;-)

• Like 1

I'll do my best ;-)

I figure you can always sell off the extra SD Maze Craze and Buzz Bombers and maybe get most of your investment back. Assuming there are no tears, the gatefold boxes are very easy to repair without using tape or laminate which ruins the collectible value. If you win it and find you need help I would be happy to help work it back into shape for you.

I figure you can always sell off the extra SD Maze Craze and Buzz Bombers and maybe get most of your investment back. Assuming there are no tears, the gatefold boxes are very easy to repair without using tape or laminate which ruins the collectible value. If you win it and find you need help I would be happy to help work it back into shape for you.

Thanks for the offer. Just depends on how high it goes and how bad others want it. If I win it, all the other games would be up for grabs.

Thanks for the offer. Just depends on how high it goes and how bad others want it. If I win it, all the other games would be up for grabs.

I am fortunate in that I already have all of that so I'm happy to help try and add to someone else's collection. I have been hunting a gatefold Buzz Bombers for years, to no avail, so I check out every auction with that neon green box. Just happened to notice the Math Fun variant. Good luck!

Bandai Japanese variants.

Boxes and manuals are unique.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Bandai Japanese variants.

Boxes and manuals are unique.

I agree with you about the manuals.

On the contrary the boxes are not unique. Bandai used common Mattel international edition boxes. I have always seen the ones with slots in the back for the manual and inside for the overlays; I've never seen Bandai edition in international boxes without slots.

Edit: for sure international editions of Sea Battle and Space Battle (for sale in that auction) exist both with and without slots.

Edited by intellivotion