IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Wow, for a Coleco box, that's nearly as good as it gets, too.

I bought this very game about a year ago for $85, it was in perfect condition. I asked him to send it in a box but instead he used a bubbleope and it got crushed so I sent it back, it broke my itty bitty heart to see the game abused.

ORDER DATE

Jan 21, 2017
ORDER TOTAL
US $85.00
Order ~TURBO~ SEGA INTELLIVISION 1981 ***NIB*** NEW IN BOX!
1 item sold by waxxburke
p.jpg
~TURBO~ SEGA INTELLIVISION 1981 ***NIB*** NEW IN BOX!
( 292006558414 )
Edited by Humblejack

I bought this very game about a year ago for $85, it was in perfect condition. I asked him to send it in a box but instead he used a bubbleope and it got crushed so I sent it back, it broke my itty bitty heart to see the game abused.

ORDER DATE

Jan 21, 2017

ORDER TOTAL

US $85.00

Order ~TURBO~ SEGA INTELLIVISION 1981 ***NIB*** NEW IN BOX!

1 item sold by [/size]waxxburke

p.jpg

~TURBO~ SEGA INTELLIVISION 1981 ***NIB*** NEW IN BOX!

( 292006558414 )

Wow, some people just have no clue . Sorry to here about that ,since that was a great price too.

Edited by m-crew

Hi All,

It has been about a year since I have been here. I was rummaging through my box of old intellevision stuff and I came across these two mini circuit boards.

I believe they were used for Blue whale development. I will probably be listing these on ebay in the next month or so. The question is how to value them, as there are no comparables out there that I can find.

I checked with my old BSR buddies, and we believe the white card is a serial Blue Whale interface card (used to download cross-compiled code from the development VAX computer)

Nobody seems to know what the green card was for, but it seems to have two eproms on it, as well as the Blue whale connector.

IMGP4474 2

IMGP4473

Edited by daniel3302
  • Like 3

Hi All,
It has been about a year since I have been here. I was rummaging through my box of old intellevision stuff and I came across these two mini circuit boards.
I believe they were used for Blue whale development. I will probably be listing these on ebay in the next month or so. The question is how to value them, as there are no comparables out there that I can find.
I checked with my old BSR buddies, and we believe the white card is a serial Blue Whale interface card (used to download cross-compiled code from the development VAX computer)
Nobody seems to know what the green card was for, but it seems to have two eproms on it, as well as the Blue whale connector.

Hi Daniel,

The second board looks like a keyboard component BASIC ROM board, although there is no way to tell what is on the ROMs without physical access to dump the contents, and other BASIC boards typically only have two of the socketed ROMs populated (although just to contradict me this image from PapaIntellivision has three). The first one looks to be a serial interface. This board is super important (at least to some of us ;)), if totally useless. I don't believe any pictures exist of it.

Please could you take as high resolution images as you can of both sides of both boards and post them either here or perhaps to the Development Thread on the Programming Forum? If possible could you please try to carefully remove any the socketed chips and photograph the boards without them in place so that we get a shot at tracing the tracks on the boards.

If you would be willing to, I would also ask that you allow someone like JoeZ aka intvnut (I'm assuming you are in the US) to examine and document the boards before you sell them.

Anything that you can do to help us understand and document these boards would be very much appreciated, and the results might help you to more fully describe their contents and condition when you come to sell them.

Cheers

decle

Edited by decle

French Canadian Math Fun arrived in pretty good condition...

The front of the box has a scratch over the top right corner of the window but otherwise is in really good shape. There is no part number to be seen as the back side is blank and it does not indicate where it was printed:

01_Front_Cover.jpg

French side of sleeve:

02_French_Side.jpg

English side of sleeve:

03_English_Side.jpg

Entire contents:

04_Full_Contents.jpg

The stand alone French manual was an interesting find. I was expecting the usual double manual that reversed on the back half to the second language but the English manual is just the standard version. It also make this quite an international effort as the box, manual and cart are all made in Hong Kong, the overlays in the US and the French manual in Canada:

05_French_Manual.jpg

The cart is labeled as Hong Kong and has the triangle head screws holding the plate on. It is much heavier than the usual cart so it likely has the extra metal shielding over the board. Since I am unlikely to keep it in my collection I decided not to open it myself and let the next owner make that call if they wish:

Cart_Front.jpg

Cart_Bottom.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

If you put them up for auction, the starting price won't really matter. Even if you started it at $1, bidding will drive the price easily into the triple digits (probably on the 1st day, too).

Hi All,

Hmmm. Very nice. You could always bring them to our dinner meetup so I could take pics in person. :)

French Canadian Math Fun arrived in pretty good condition...

The front of the box has a scratch over the top right corner of the window but otherwise is in really good shape. There is no part number to be seen as the back side is blank and it does not indicate where it was printed:

01_Front_Cover.jpg

French side of sleeve:

02_French_Side.jpg

English side of sleeve:

03_English_Side.jpg

Entire contents:

04_Full_Contents.jpg

The stand alone French manual was an interesting find. I was expecting the usual double manual that reversed on the back half to the second language but the English manual is just the standard version. It also make this quite an international effort as the box, manual and cart are all made in Hong Kong, the overlays in the US and the French manual in Canada:

05_French_Manual.jpg

The cart is labeled as Hong Kong and has the triangle head screws holding the plate on. It is much heavier than the usual cart so it likely has the extra metal shielding over the board. Since I am unlikely to keep it in my collection I decided not to open it myself and let the next owner make that call if they wish:

Cart_Front.jpg

Cart_Bottom.jpg

Great pickup! Such a cool subset. ??

• Like 1

... The first one looks to be a serial interface. This board is super important (at least to some of us ;)), if totally useless. I don't believe any pictures exist of it. ...

I'll second in that I'd love to see more photos of this board. It is almost certainly a serial board since the main chip is a Motorola 6551 ACIA (Asynchronous Communication Interface Adapter).

This makes me wonder... how did the boot loader for the KC know to talk to this board? Was there code in the KC ROM that knew how to talk to the 6551? Was the KC thermal printer serial and use the same chip (seems rather unlikely considering the number of wires in the ribbon cable)? My guess (a wild uneducated guess) is that there was a cassette tape with the boot loader code that knew how to talk to this board.

• Like 1

It looks like daniel3302's Keyboard Component was a black whale, probably part of the development system he used at Mattel Electronics. It's also starting to look like any modifications to make a black whale were external.

With the Basic cartridges, I'm thinking the original Basic Mattel got from Microsoft was over 8K needing three rom chips. They then reduced this to fit in 8K for the released Basic cartridges.

Could the other cartridge have the software used to communicate with the rs232 interface rather than being a Basic cartridge?

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Daniel3302's dev cartridge is a one of a kind ...what's it worth ? If a demonstration cartridge can fetch $300 or so and there is a few of them around it's got to worth a lot more than that as a floor price , say US $400-500

Since we only know of one of them it could go for silly money like a playcable.

Would be wonderful if we could understand what made it tick when it was used in developing

Edited by Ron The Cat

Sorry I can't provide any more info on the cartridges - I'm afraid I have no recollection of the details.

On another note, I did another dive into the basement and found:

An original copy of Your Friend, the Exec (Edition 2.0 1981 June 22)

A marketing photo for Tower of Doom (when it was published by Intv)

A folder of my design notes and graphics sketches from Loco-Motion

My copy of the famous Mattel Incentive plan memo

My termination notice 1/20/84

• Like 6

Sorry I can't provide any more info on the cartridges - I'm afraid I have no recollection of the details.

Wow, that's all cool stuff! Would love to eventually see pics if possible.

Excellent! Im sure there will be interest in all this stuff.