IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 3 Round 20 Galaxian

roadrunner

That's good playing with arrow keys. I'm assuming you're playing with arrow keys like I am.

So, how many more rounds are left in this HSC season? It looks like the 8-bit HSC is up to its last game for this season.

Thanks, i'm using a cheap usb gamepad.

I'm thinking of ending season 3 with round 24. Season 3 started on March 1st 2010,

but we had a month long summer break and the variety pack was almost a month long so maybe i'll end the season with round 23?

Last season was 27 rounds long.

after about 22k, you gotta take advantage of the slowdowns. Also better to stick predominantly to the right side.

We're just about out of games I have any talent at so you'll be able to go back to creaming me again soon.

after about 22k, you gotta take advantage of the slowdowns. Also better to stick predominantly to the right side.

We're just about out of games I have any talent at so you'll be able to go back to creaming me again soon.

I think you have to be lucky as some games are harder than others as the patterns don't repeat the same way.

post-16716-129426610169_thumb.jpg

Twin Galaxies World Record for Galaxian

Variation: Default Settings (Atari 5200 Console)

41,310 points by George Reese

Is there a prize if someone beats that score? What proof do you accept if someone beats it?

I think you have to record your gameplay footage. They don't take screenshots or pictures.

I'm not sure if there is a prize.

Is there a prize if someone beats that score? What proof do you accept if someone beats it?

I think you have to record your gameplay footage. They don't take screenshots or pictures.

I'm not sure if there is a prize.

You need to record the game play including the system booting up.

Edited by rmaerz

I'm just trying to beat my 8-bit score which I always try to do in Atari 5200 HSC. My Atari 800 high score is 27K.

post-12094-12943693683_thumb.jpg

Looks like someone's come over from the dark side :jango: ;)

We've always room for one more. :)

Hmmm. I might have to get my system back out then ;)

Going by stats, I rarely beat my 8-bit score on the Atari 5200 and not much time to play left as I'll be busy most of the weekend.

Funny, mine are always the other way 'round. :ponder:

I've been away fro the HSC for a couple of months and thought I'd try to get some Galaxian in tonight to see if I could lodge a respectable score before deadline.

Weirdest thing - my joystick will absolutely not register the fire button, no matter how hard or softly I press, no matter which fire button I press, and no matter which direction/angle I applky the pressure from. BUT, if I hold the controller upside-down, it fires easily, consistently, and perfectly!! I swear I'm telling the truth!

Needless to say, I can't play with the controller upside-down, so I'm about to take it apart and see if cleaning the contact has any effect. Just thought I'd share the amusing story.

Happy 2011 fellow 5200er's!

I've been away fro the HSC for a couple of months and thought I'd try to get some Galaxian in tonight to see if I could lodge a respectable score before deadline.

Weirdest thing - my joystick will absolutely not register the fire button, no matter how hard or softly I press, no matter which fire button I press, and no matter which direction/angle I applky the pressure from. BUT, if I hold the controller upside-down, it fires easily, consistently, and perfectly!! I swear I'm telling the truth!

Needless to say, I can't play with the controller upside-down, so I'm about to take it apart and see if cleaning the contact has any effect. Just thought I'd share the amusing story.

Happy 2011 fellow 5200er's!

[/qu

It sounds like just needs cleaning or replace the fire buttons

12,670 is the best I've done so far.

And my controller failure wasn't as weird as I thought - looks like it's as simple as a broken cable. I've been an avid videogame player since seeing Pong in a pizza parlor sometime in the '70s, and I've never before encountered a broken controller cable that didn't have visible signs of abuse (dog/cat cheing, severley strained due to wrapping the controller wire around itself, etc...). I guess after almost 30 years of use, this cable finally decided to retire. I'm jealous.

Hmmm. I might have to get my system back out then ;)

Going by stats, I rarely beat my 8-bit score on the Atari 5200 and not much time to play left as I'll be busy most of the weekend.

Funny, mine are always the other way 'round. :ponder:

That's weird unless you play a lot more Atari 5200 games or don't have as many.

Here's my last few runs at this game. Had to switch to big brighter screen to get past the 27K barrier and play like a bunch of consecutive games to figure out the pattern.

post-12094-129466124949_thumb.jpg

post-12094-129466125925_thumb.jpg

post-12094-129466127093_thumb.jpg