IGNORED

Is there a forum as good as ATARIAGE, but for the NES?

NintendoAge is the closest you will get. It has a good rarity list and there are a lot of knowledgeable people there, but the site overall isn't nearly as comprehensive as AtariAge and there isn't as wide of a range of users as you will find on these forums (A lot of the regulars over at NA are younger).

Yep, tried NintendoAge, and I'm not going to make calls about age, cause I'm fairly young myself here, but the boards definitely seemed a lot less mature.

Makes sense though. Since most people here grew up with the 2600, it follows that the average age would be higher than those of Nintendo, Genesis, PS1, etc fan forums.

Maturity though, that's a WHOLE other issue. :P

The NES generation is getting pretty up there also. I grew up as the NES being my main system and I'm 34. I think most people who had it as their first system are around 21-35.

Yeah, definitely.

With NA I think you have a lot of members that were born and raised in the Nintendo 64 era, so there's a big age difference (and thus a maturity difference? I don't know).

Yeah, there's pretty much not a forum as good as AtariAge, other than AtariAge, no matter what the subject.

So as far as you're concerned, the title may as well be "Is there a forum as good as ATARIAGE?", and you'd still be happy. :)

I only recently found this board a few months ago, and I consider it a gem. It is definitely different from any other board I've been on, including a few with matured nerds. The thing that strikes me is watching what people do for each other. I see the older (forum age, not personal age) people sending each other some very awesome, jaw dropping gifts, so many projects being contributed to openly, and even financial support for members who fall on hard times. This is not the Internet norm. I appreciate what I've found here.

So, we're now making a project for AtariAge called "Project: Screw NintendoAge, Make a NES Section Here, Damn It!". Sounds like a plan.

Actually, I love Nintendo better than Atari (so kill me, you Nintendo haters) but I like this board better. I have more fun joking around, and it's quite good here. Heck, if I had Air Raid (R10), I'd give it away.

My biggest pet peeve when it comes to forums is an unfriendliness to n00bs. Because of this, Atari Age is the only forum on which I regularly post. It can't be stated enough - the maturity level here is head and shoulders above any other gaming forum that I have ever been a part of. There are enough senior people here than have a wide breadth of knowledge that for me, there is no reason to go to other forums to ask most questions or discuss most topics. The only reason for me to visit other forums is to look through their marketplace section.

Chris