IGNORED

ST/etc to VGA adapter/cable.. _for color_?

skeezix

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

I got the unit and finally had some time for a quick test - here is my feedback to the builder for others to see - bottom line is it works great!

1. I have a Mega ST model - the 'joystick power cable' is too short to allow the keyboard to be far away from the base unit. I would assume on a 1040ST you would need to run the cable under the machine which might cause a wobble?

2. A printout which identifies all the ports would help. There are 2 VGA connectors on the box - I of course plugged my cable into the first one I saw, not looking on the other side which had a label saying 'VGA OUT' :) - that was my first problem. Curious what the second VGA port does?

3. Im not sure if its the DIN cable you have or not - but it unfort fits into the ST monitor port upside down. I use the 'twist till it fits' model of plugging in the cable and of course it was upside down. I got the 'menu' screen so I thought it was something else. When I first start the ST the menu has Chinese characters on it - I presume that is normal? After that everything is English. After realizing the cable worked with the 'dent side up' the picture came up

4. It didnt work with one of my LCD monitors. The one it did work with is 'rectangular' - the one it did not work with is 'square'. Not sure why, but the rectangle one is my main one anyway so no worries.

5. I plugged my PC speakers into the audio port - there was a slight 'hum' but otherwise sound was fine. I might have had the volume up too high, I didnt have much time to play.

Now for the good stuff - everything appears to be very well made. I like the box and the picture was perfect in low and medium resolution mode - I finally have a solution for low, medium, and high res on an LCD monitor (I have a separate High res cable - funny the ST had 2 monitors and I still need 2 custom cables :) . Not sure if future editions of your box could output High res also?