IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2011

Pixelboy

Stop this off topic talk please!

This is Pixelboy's thread. Not let's pirate Eduardo's prototypes.

Pixelboy busted his ass getting 6 games done for release. Let's leave his thread for conversations/praise about his work!

• Like 1

I thought the intention with these prototypes is that additional copies don't get made, but that the owners of the carts could release the ROM file if they desired.

Obviously Eduardo doesn't own the copyright to the games, but he did convert them, so that's worth something (although not in a strict legal sense).

Edit: Definitely good job Pixelboy with these releases, especially after such a long time making sure the boxes were of decent quality.

Edited by 5-11under
  • Like 1

Girl's Garden looks like a child's game (it did to me when I saw the box) and at first, it seems pretty straightforward.. but when you hit level 7... wow, that game will kick your @$$. lol If anything, you'll get a look for having a light pink cartridge in your collection! lol

I played Girl's Garden for s while at the weekend and it has grown on me immensely. The music, graphics and gameplay are all top notch. Don't be put off by the game's excessive cuteness - underneath is a highly polished, well balanced, challenging, and above all fun game, albeit with a steep difficulty curve (but probably just as steep as most other CV games). At first I thought I'd dislike the game for it's cuteness but I soon got past that and now really like it. It really is a lot of fun and I will certainly add it to my long list of games that I really like to play but am crap at.

High score so far = 48,680 (Level 6)

Not sure I want to get to Level 7 after what King_Salamon said above icon_mrgreen.gif

I had all my 'men' (girls I guess is the correct term) when I got to level 7 and with 3 bears and their speed bumped up... it makes for a nasty combo!

I think my high score was right around 60,000... just a little below that.. 58k or so.

I really enjoy the bonus stages... but I have a tough time with them. I wonder if I should read the manual? lol

Stop this off topic talk please!

This is Pixelboy's thread.

100% agree .... Sorry Luc

Not let's pirate Eduardo's prototypes.

This is cleary not about that ..... and this case... we should close almost all threads

Pixelboy busted his ass getting 6 games done for release. Let's leave his thread for conversations/praise about his work!

Again, 100% agree .... sorry again Luc

Girl's Garden looks like a child's game (it did to me when I saw the box) and at first, it seems pretty straightforward.. but when you hit level 7... wow, that game will kick your @$$. lol If anything, you'll get a look for having a light pink cartridge in your collection! lol

I played Girl's Garden for s while at the weekend and it has grown on me immensely. The music, graphics and gameplay are all top notch. Don't be put off by the game's excessive cuteness - underneath is a highly polished, well balanced, challenging, and above all fun game, albeit with a steep difficulty curve (but probably just as steep as most other CV games). At first I thought I'd dislike the game for it's cuteness but I soon got past that and now really like it. It really is a lot of fun and I will certainly add it to my long list of games that I really like to play but am crap at.

Not sure I want to get to Level 7 after what King_Salamon said above icon_mrgreen.gif

I had all my 'men' (girls I guess is the correct term) when I got to level 7 and with 3 bears and their speed bumped up... it makes for a nasty combo!

I think my high score was right around 60,000... just a little below that.. 58k or so.

I really enjoy the bonus stages... but I have a tough time with them. I wonder if I should read the manual? lol

Good score - gives me something to aim for this weekend :D I too very much enjoy the bonus stages - again challenging but fun. BTW - the manual helps a little but at the end of the day it doesn't help a crap player like me :sad:

Edited by Ikrananka

Luc just got my games and the packaging and assembly is top notch, quite possibly the best Coleco homebrew stuff I have seen. Will try to squeeze in some playtime Friday but from what people have posted they should play as nice as they look.

Congrats on your first releases, very well done!

I love the quality of your games Pixelboy. Thank You.

Luc just got my games and the packaging and assembly is top notch, quite possibly the best Coleco homebrew stuff I have seen. Will try to squeeze in some playtime Friday but from what people have posted they should play as nice as they look.

Congrats on your first releases, very well done!

Thanks for the compliments. :)

I have to second this, I played it a couple of nights ago for a while and really enjoyed it. I think I only got to level 5, this game is not easy, although I found myself forgetting (or hoarding) my honeypots,

I believe I died with 10 so maybe not the best game play strategy. icon_mrgreen.gif To anyone considering buying this, I'd definitely recommend it. icon_thumbsup.gif

I have to second this, I played it a couple of nights ago for a while and really enjoyed it. I think I only got to level 5, this game is not easy, although I found myself forgetting (or hoarding) my honeypots,

I believe I died with 10 so maybe not the best game play strategy. icon_mrgreen.gif To anyone considering buying this, I'd definitely recommend it. icon_thumbsup.gif

New high score for me: 60,610 (Level 7)

As one progresses through the levels the difficulty level not only increases due to more (faster?) bears but also the landscape changes with more opportunities to become trapped. Level 7 seems to be made up entirely of small vertical "islands" each connected by a horizontal bridge. I became trapped on one of these islands with one bear coming across the left bridge and another across the right bridge. Needless to say I died quickly :D