IGNORED

Missile Command for the ColecoVision

Yurkie

This is a plea for one of the talented homebrew programmers to port Missile Command to the ColecoVision.

I saw the documentary movie "High Score" (about a guy trying to break the World Record in Missile Command) awhile back and ever since I have been really wishing I could play it on my favorite system of all time the ColecoVision.

If you would be interested in this game, or willing to program it please feel free to comment.

Here is a link for anyone interested in watching "High Score" online.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/135697/high-score

Fu*k that! :( ... here's what the link gave me:

"Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States"

First time I get someting like this.... weird....

Sorry Buddy, I am streaming it right now for about the 10th time. It is a great movie IMO.

"Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States"

First time? then you have not been around much.....yeah it SUCKS but as a CANADIAN I have seen this type of message from several video streaming sites like HULU,ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX and many more. there are ways "around" it but it sucks that there is even a need for a work around.

• Like 1

Sorry Buddy, I am streaming it right now for about the 10th time. It is a great movie IMO.

Yeah not your fault, HULU is not accommodating to us outside the U.S. unfortunately. :x

Missile Command is one of the potential projects on my Team Pixelboy web site. I played a lot with War Games when I was a kid, which I saw as a thinking man's take on Missile Command. But War Games can't beat the original. :)

It probably would have to be coded from scratch though, and offer both Roller Controller and standard controller support, because a lot of CV fans don't have a Roller Controller.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm generally not a big fan of ports of common games from one popular console to another, but I have to agree that the world does need another good track-ball implementation of Missile Command. I love the 5200 version, and I think the CV's Roller Controller would be great for this game.

• 2 months later...

I'm generally not a big fan of ports of common games from one popular console to another, but I have to agree that the world does need another good track-ball implementation of Missile Command. I love the 5200 version, and I think the CV's Roller Controller would be great for this game.

Forget all the labor and time involved with porting the game and/or starting from scratch. Let's just track down the fellow who has the Atarisoft proto and either get him to throw it on ebay or pool our money together and get a community controlled release of the game.

And let's get those Joust sounds implemented too while were at it.

Excellent version of the game, but without sound, I just never play my cartridge for long.

It would be a plus if 3 missile bases would be used.

Would I buy the cartridge? Of course!

But, the title has been beaten to death. Reactor would be a better track ball game to port and to lesser degree Crystal Castles.

In any event, I think we need more driving games than track ball games. A lot of the CV games work well with the track ball already (SubRoc, Star Wars, Space Fury to name a few).

gameHardwareClassicConsolesAllColecovision-resized200.jpg+ COLCON0003L.gif+ 704934-609954-games_cover-resized200.jpg = Donkey_Kong_60.png

:D

AX

I am a big fan of the Atari 2600-version - I think it is better (more fun) than all other versions (arcade-original included) - even with the CX-40 Joystick.

I don't need a CV Missile Command, because i don't think it would be more fun than the exisiting ports.

CV Missile Command = War Games!

• 4 months later...

I guess original 80's arcade gamers missed the point... the decent 2600 joystick version does not reach the sprite of the Arcade.

So we'd be talking about a version of Missle Command with excellent graphics. Interesting.

Can the controls match the VCS?

Edited by toptenmaterial

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if to plan is to use the CV devkit I've developped based on Marcel's Coleco library since 1999, BUT I'm pleased to say that I've made a modification to it in order to support back the spinners and the extra SuperAction fire buttons... which means the possibility to program games using driving module, roller controller and superaction controller without a problem. So far, the testings regarding the update I've made on the devkit are just fine.