IGNORED

PAC-MAN High Score Certificate

SILKIE

im bugging my friend to fix it.

He does MAME fixes, so maybe we can get this one. lol

Oh man ! Please do !

That would be great.

I wish i had put it up when i was a kid.

Instead of hanging it on the wall.

And throwing it where ever i did?

Oh, I see that I missed one other gradient: the blue background of the maze.

Arkhan, if your MAME-fixing friend agrees to take on this project and needs help identifying or obtaining fonts to simplify fixing the texts, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Man you guys are great !

I took a stab at fixing it myself, Picking up where USER42 left off.

It ain't perfect at all !

But it looks better i think?

I tried to fix some of the font.

But just too hard for me.

Can someone else help with this ???

post-28420-129445968697_thumb.jpg

Edited by SILKIE

I took a stab at fixing it myself, Picking up where USER42 left off.

It ain't perfect at all !

But it looks better i think?

Nice job! I wish I had seen yours before I spent 15 min overlaying the box art on the poster.

The bottom of the ghosts still need more cleaning on this one and yours is looking really good.

post-15767-129459342886_thumb.jpg

Nice job! I wish I had seen yours before I spent 15 min overlaying the box art on the poster.

The bottom of the ghosts still need more cleaning on this one and yours is looking really good.

Thank you! Please don't stop.

I'm sure yours will blow mine away!

I just went with it, Because i thought you were done with it?

How do you suggest cleaning up the ghost??

Got any tips on the font ???

I think I dimly remember this thing.

My recollection of it was not of a mail in sort of thing. I seem to recall stores like K-Mart, Circus World, Kay-Bee, and others having pre-printed stacks of these. You just grabbed one or had it included with just about any video game purchase you made from one of those stores. It was effectively just an advertising flyer.

I dimly recall having one taped to my closet door with a score of about 10K written on in marker, and a handful of minty ones in my dresser drawer (for future high scores).

I dimly recall having one taped to my closet door with a score of about 10K written on in marker, and a handful of minty ones in my dresser drawer (for future high scores).

You may be correct? But knowing me as a kid. I would have grabbed 50 of them!

And why not are there any of these on the web?

That's why i chose to put it out there.

To try and get it fixed.

Indeed strange,

I think I dimly remember this thing.

My recollection of it was not of a mail in sort of thing. I seem to recall stores like K-Mart, Circus World, Kay-Bee, and others having pre-printed stacks of these. You just grabbed one or had it included with just about any video game purchase you made from one of those stores. It was effectively just an advertising flyer.

I think you are right. I vaguely remember that as well.

Regarding the fonts used, the "ATARI" logo is generally accepted to be Hammer Fat, although the "A"s look closer to HoratioD Bold. You could also use SF Atarian System, either spelling it out or using the one from the "@" character, though neither way is 100% accurate either.

The large PAC-MAN logo is some version of Bauhaus -- the usual weight Atari used was Demibold, but this looks more like a true bold. There are many clones of the Bauhaus font family; try some of the following: Bahamas Bold, Bahamas CE Bold, BaronBlackDB Normal, Bauhaus Bold, Bauhaus Demi, Bordeaux Heavy. Stay away from Baha and Mumbo; they have slightly distorted letterforms.

The italic text is Zapf International Medium Italic.

The small PAC-MAN within the italic text is Bauhaus again, but a lighter weight this time. Try Bahamas Normal, Bahamas CE Normal, Bauhaus (Medium, Normal or Regular), Bimini Normal, or Bordeaux Medium.

The sans-serif text is Helvetica Regular.

Edited by A.J. Franzman
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...