IGNORED

Interest/Pricing Check: Philips CD-i With 72 Complete Games

Stan

Just an interest and pricing check on this. I have a Philips CD-i. The unit is loose but complete. All of the games, however, are complete in their original boxes. I'd have to look through them, but you get basically every game they released for the thing. I don't believe all 137 are here, I'm counting 72, but I'll look around for more in case someone wants me to. Anyway, just curious what someone would be willing to pay for the unit and 72 of its library (all complete don't forget). This is mainly a price check before I throw this on eBay unless someone is really interested in any of it. Thanks!

They actually kept the system going until 1998 for some reason. Going to have to hold on guys, I can't seem to get it working. I think it's just the controller since it powers up and shows the games and all, but I fear the worst. Mods, please lock or delete this thread, I can post again later if I get it working.

I have a nearly complete set. I have every North American game release, a bunch of the imports, and need ONE title to finish my set, but can't find it anywhere. So if either of you have NFL Instant Replay and want to sell it, please let me know!

I actually have that myself :cool:

I have well over 100 discs for mine, never counted them but I would like to finish my collection one day I just keep getting distracted by bloody Megadrive games at the moment :lol:

Stan, if you consider splitting it up, I am looking for a handful of CD-i games, maybe more. I have PayPal funds ready to go depending on the price (I orded a system last week and have a wanted thread here).

*edit: If you want to estimate what yours may go for if you decide to bundle it all together, here is a similar one with 60 games that was just listed. Maybe let it roll out and see what it goes for? eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005645079661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200564507966&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I can make a list of all the games first if you want. A number of these are actually just some of those weird Encyclopedia, Tell Me Why, and so forth discs. As for the games, doesn't seem to be anything too exciting in there other than the one Zelda title, but that seems to be mainly a 'so bad it's good' sort of thing.

I'm also interested in getting into the CDi. Especially after reading through the Retro Gamer article on it. I remember ads for Burn: Cycle when I was younger and those crazy cyberpunk days are like fond memories to me. So yeah, interested in the whole rig here.

Ah, but that was a previous life...

Hex.

[ Realizes the truth associated with that I'd likely punch the me 10 years younger or more... ]

I know I'm in the minority on this, but it was a GREAT system, nostalgia aside. Mystic Midway (the first one) was an incredibly fun game, I loved their Pinball game, before Winning Post came out for the Saturn, A Great Day at the Races was the only horse racing game out for any system in North America, I also loved their versions of Clue and Defender of the Crown. My guilty pleasure was Name That Tune, although it was mostly 70's and 80's soft rock, it was still a pretty cool game. I'm telling you, it wasn't THAT bad.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but it was a GREAT system, nostalgia aside. Mystic Midway (the first one) was an incredibly fun game, I loved their Pinball game, before Winning Post came out for the Saturn, A Great Day at the Races was the only horse racing game out for any system in North America, I also loved their versions of Clue and Defender of the Crown. My guilty pleasure was Name That Tune, although it was mostly 70's and 80's soft rock, it was still a pretty cool game. I'm telling you, it wasn't THAT bad.

I really like the system too, I wrote a review guide for it which I have put up on a couple of forums, maybe I should post it on AA too :ponder:

Man, I forgot about this. I ended up just selling the lot to a friend who actually owns a CD-i. Been focusing too much on getting rid of my extra SMS stuff that I forgot to update the thread. Mods can lock now.