IGNORED

A sealed NES Stadium Events is Up for sale again

Rev

WHOEVER PURCHASES THIS GAME PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE

Just wonderin if he is gonna make me use a paypal gift option to pay for this.....?

/**ThinViewJs**/ var ifr = function() {}; ifr.browserDetect = function() {this.bFirefox = this.bWebTV = this.bOpera = this.bNav = this.bIE = this.bSafari =this.bWin = this.bMac = this.bMacppc = this.bMactel =this.bWinXp = this.bXpSp2 = this.bAOL = this.bVista = false;this.iVer = this.fVer = -1;this.fMinorVer = 0;this.init = function() {var nv = navigator, agt = nv.userAgent.toLowerCase(), i = 0, ver;with (this){if (agt.indexOf('webtv') != -1){bWebTV = true;i = agt.indexOf('webtv/') + 6;}else if (agt.indexOf('firefox') != -1){bFirefox = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('firefox') + 8;}else if (agt.indexOf('safari') != -1){bSafari = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('safari') + 7;}else if(typeof(window.opera)!='undefined'){bOpera = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('opera') + 6;}else if (nv.appName == 'Netscape'){bNav = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('/') + 1;}else if (agt.indexOf('msie') != -1){bIE = true;i = agt.indexOf('msie') + 4;if ((agt.indexOf('aol') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('america online') != -1))bAOL = true;}ver = bOpera?window.opera.version():agt.substring(i);iVer = parseInt(ver);fVer = parseFloat(ver);fMinorVer = fVer - iVer;bWin = (agt.indexOf('win') != -1);bWinXp = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 5.1') != -1));bVista = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 6.0') != -1));bXpSp2 = (bWinXp && (agt.indexOf('sv1') != -1));bMac = (agt.indexOf('mac') != -1);bMacppc = (bMac && ((agt.indexOf('ppc') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('powerpc') != -1)));bMactel = (bMac && (agt.indexOf('intel') != -1));}}this.init();return this;}var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();if (oCl.bFirefox) { ifr.init(1); } ifr.addLoadEvent = function(func) { var oldonload = window.onload;if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {window.onload = func;}else {window.onload = function() {if (oldonload) {oldonload();}func();}}};ifr.addLoadEvent( function() { ifr.init(2); } ); ifr.init = function(callerId) {var lastInitCall = '';var bSafari = oCl.bSafari;var bFirefox = oCl.bFirefox;var iVer = oCl.iVer;var bWin = oCl.bWin;var cTime = new Date().getTime();if (!window.bError) {var el = new Date().getSeconds();var lt = (el - window.bl);}if (typeof(clientErrorLog) !== 'undefined') {if (lt > clientErrorThresholdTime) {ifr.process(lt);}}if (((callerId !== 2) && (lastInitCall !== '') && ((cTime-lastInitCall) < 2000)) || (bSafari && (callerId == 1))) {return;}lastInitCall = cTime;var a = document.links;for (i=0; i 32000)) {h = 32000;}rv[0] += h;rv[1] += w;return rv;};ifr.resizeIt = function(callerId) {var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();var size = ifr.getSize();if (size) {if (!oCl.bSafari) {parent.resizeFrame(size);}ifr.setData(size, callerId);};}

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I been hacked!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa! *falls over dead*

Odd Java script.

http://www.thinview.com/faq.htm

:ponder:

@Adam: Nobody can finish a Atari 2600 collection, period, not even Wonder007. I think that doesn't have anything to do with it.

It's an Atari 2600 collection, not a Atari 2600 collection.

I have been waiting for years to get the opportunity to correct CPUWIZ's grammar. It finally happened. Revenge is mine! :D :cool:

• Like 4

Stadium Events might not be an R10 compared with Atari 2600 games but it is compared with NES games. It is also by far the rarest game licensed by Nintendo. When looking at it as a sealed game there are what 5? Unlike Atari collectors there are several who JUST collect sealed and they carry a larger premium over complete than Atari games do.

You don't want a game to be too rare or people will discredit and dismiss it. Just as Ax has done above with Stadium Events. Even on the Atari side the 1 of a kinds and rarest of the rare are often dismissed because people are trying to finish collections off not admit that it just isn't possible.

I find it interesting that some atari collectors choose to discredit/dismiss games on the basis that they are THAT rare that they will never find/afford the particular title.

Why does Ax consider taht Air Raid is not necessary for a complete collection?

Is it because its a hack? If that's the case, then label variations should be out first. Companies such as Froggo, and Panda should also be out, along with Atlantis 2, Pepsi invaders and almost half the current games in the ntsc database.

Is it because it was never releassed in the US? The picture of the box makes it pretty clear that it was sold in US retail stores.

He said Air Raid and Stadium Events he would exclude for the same reason, so not because it is a hack only link between the 2 would be rarity.

This isn't an uncommon thought process. In comics there is a Gerber rating in which Golden Age books are rated on rarity. While the higher Gerber rated books are valuable they are far from the most valuable.

@Adam: Nobody can finish a Atari 2600 collection, period, not even Wonder007. I think that doesn't have anything to do with it.

People can finish off a 2600 collection if they only count what they want to and the majority of collectors do place limitations. Many don't collect PAL or hacks or label variations and others go so far as to use the line item VETO system. Color Bar Generator, etc...

If the color bar generator was a common $5 game like Basic Programming there would be no question but $500 for some utility cart and people start coming up with excuses.

Several 2600 collectors don't count many of the ultra rare for one reason or another. Often the logic is warped by the fact that they know they won't find one or it is more expensive than they feel it is worth. I was told by one collector who was considering one of the recent rares to pop up within the last month that he needs 3 games. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have Birthday Mania and I'm also pretty sure he doesn't count it. I do believe he will get these last 3 games he feels he needs.

With NES it is much worse. There is a much greater resistance to count rare games because building a complete collection is very possible with a few exceptions. If one were to count the 2 NES carts I mentioned in the set no one could claim to own a complete NES collection.

WHOEVER PURCHASES THIS GAME PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE

Just wonderin if he is gonna make me use a paypal gift option to pay for this.....?

/**ThinViewJs**/ var ifr = function() {}; ifr.browserDetect = function() {this.bFirefox = this.bWebTV = this.bOpera = this.bNav = this.bIE = this.bSafari =this.bWin = this.bMac = this.bMacppc = this.bMactel =this.bWinXp = this.bXpSp2 = this.bAOL = this.bVista = false;this.iVer = this.fVer = -1;this.fMinorVer = 0;this.init = function() {var nv = navigator, agt = nv.userAgent.toLowerCase(), i = 0, ver;with (this){if (agt.indexOf('webtv') != -1){bWebTV = true;i = agt.indexOf('webtv/') + 6;}else if (agt.indexOf('firefox') != -1){bFirefox = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('firefox') + 8;}else if (agt.indexOf('safari') != -1){bSafari = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('safari') + 7;}else if(typeof(window.opera)!='undefined'){bOpera = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('opera') + 6;}else if (nv.appName == 'Netscape'){bNav = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('/') + 1;}else if (agt.indexOf('msie') != -1){bIE = true;i = agt.indexOf('msie') + 4;if ((agt.indexOf('aol') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('america online') != -1))bAOL = true;}ver = bOpera?window.opera.version():agt.substring(i);iVer = parseInt(ver);fVer = parseFloat(ver);fMinorVer = fVer - iVer;bWin = (agt.indexOf('win') != -1);bWinXp = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 5.1') != -1));bVista = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 6.0') != -1));bXpSp2 = (bWinXp && (agt.indexOf('sv1') != -1));bMac = (agt.indexOf('mac') != -1);bMacppc = (bMac && ((agt.indexOf('ppc') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('powerpc') != -1)));bMactel = (bMac && (agt.indexOf('intel') != -1));}}this.init();return this;}var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();if (oCl.bFirefox) { ifr.init(1); } ifr.addLoadEvent = function(func) { var oldonload = window.onload;if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {window.onload = func;}else {window.onload = function() {if (oldonload) {oldonload();}func();}}};ifr.addLoadEvent( function() { ifr.init(2); } ); ifr.init = function(callerId) {var lastInitCall = '';var bSafari = oCl.bSafari;var bFirefox = oCl.bFirefox;var iVer = oCl.iVer;var bWin = oCl.bWin;var cTime = new Date().getTime();if (!window.bError) {var el = new Date().getSeconds();var lt = (el - window.bl);}if (typeof(clientErrorLog) !== 'undefined') {if (lt > clientErrorThresholdTime) {ifr.process(lt);}}if (((callerId !== 2) && (lastInitCall !== '') && ((cTime-lastInitCall) < 2000)) || (bSafari && (callerId == 1))) {return;}lastInitCall = cTime;var a = document.links;for (i=0; i 32000)) {h = 32000;}rv[0] += h;rv[1] += w;return rv;};ifr.resizeIt = function(callerId) {var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();var size = ifr.getSize();if (size) {if (!oCl.bSafari) {parent.resizeFrame(size);}ifr.setData(size, callerId);};}

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I been hacked!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa! *falls over dead*

Odd Java script.

http://www.thinview.com/faq.htm

:ponder:

It's an Atari 2600 collection, not a Atari 2600 collection.

I have been waiting for years to get the opportunity to correct CPUWIZ's grammar. It finally happened. Revenge is mine! :D :cool:

Congrats !

This may be a greater accomplishement than your DK3 or Galaxian score.

I expect to see a new screen name by morning !

• Like 2

People can finish off a 2600 collection if they only count what they want to and the majority of collectors do place limitations. Many don't collect PAL or hacks or label variations and others go so far as to use the line item VETO system. Color Bar Generator, etc...

If the color bar generator was a common $5 game like Basic Programming there would be no question but $500 for some utility cart and people start coming up with excuses.

Several 2600 collectors don't count many of the ultra rare for one reason or another. Often the logic is warped by the fact that they know they won't find one or it is more expensive than they feel it is worth. I was told by one collector who was considering one of the recent rares to pop up within the last month that he needs 3 games. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have Birthday Mania and I'm also pretty sure he doesn't count it. I do believe he will get these last 3 games he feels he needs.

With NES it is much worse. There is a much greater resistance to count rare games because building a complete collection is very possible with a few exceptions. If one were to count the 2 NES carts I mentioned in the set no one could claim to own a complete NES collection.

That's the type of logic I find silly. i agree with CPUWIZ, no one will ever have a complete collection - so dont try to claim you have one or that you are trying to "complete" your collection. You have only collected as many games as you are prepared to or are collecting those games taht you are prepared to.

If you want a "complete NTSC collection", then you must include birthday mania, gamma attack, Air Raid etc.

[For clarification, I dont mean you Buyatari when i refer to "you" above].

the lady selling this game is over on nintendo age, here is what she said on how she got this game. very interesting. :lust:

she paid .25 for a sealed stadium events. :|

My link

- Long story short I am an ebayer and my daughter was home from college and I was at a yard sale that had 500 plus games all in boxes for 25 cents each, I am looking more for antiques so i bought 5 games and went home, I gave them to my daughter to look up and she told me the ones I bought would sell for about $20,00 each so I high taled it back to the sale and bought the rest for $50.00 and have been selling them ever since, I will not go through them and pick titles to sell I take about 5 a week and this was her lucky week, hoping for tuition money for her, my reserve is quite a bit less than 30k on person hit it right on the head.

that sounds off. Not even thrift stores sell games that cheap. Maybe she wants people to believe shes trustworthy or legit or something this story sounds far fetched.

the lady selling this game is over on nintendo age, here is what she said on how she got this game. very interesting. :lust:

she paid .25 for a sealed stadium events. :|

My link

- Long story short I am an ebayer and my daughter was home from college and I was at a yard sale that had 500 plus games all in boxes for 25 cents each, I am looking more for antiques so i bought 5 games and went home, I gave them to my daughter to look up and she told me the ones I bought would sell for about $20,00 each so I high taled it back to the sale and bought the rest for $50.00 and have been selling them ever since, I will not go through them and pick titles to sell I take about 5 a week and this was her lucky week, hoping for tuition money for her, my reserve is quite a bit less than 30k on person hit it right on the head.

that sounds off. Not even thrift stores sell games that cheap. Maybe she wants people to believe shes trustworthy or legit or something this story sounds far fetched.

Anything is possible but yes people do tend to extend the truth.

I think she said it was 50 cents each and it was a bulk buy of 500 games. So $250.00 for a lot of games is a bit more plausible.

That's the type of logic I find silly. i agree with CPUWIZ, no one will ever have a complete collection - so dont try to claim you have one or that you are trying to "complete" your collection. You have only collected as many games as you are prepared to or are collecting those games taht you are prepared to.

If you want a "complete NTSC collection", then you must include birthday mania, gamma attack, Air Raid etc.

[For clarification, I dont mean you Buyatari when i refer to "you" above].

Like anything else (religion,politics,you name it) people do what they want and fit in the logic later.

Well that cart was a contest cart never sold in stores.

Well that cart was not sold in the USA.

There is no proof etc etc

There is only one or two so it is a prototype.

Like anything else (religion,politics,you name it) people do what they want and fit in the logic later.

Well that cart was a contest cart never sold in stores.

Well that cart was not sold in the USA.

There is no proof etc etc

There is only one or two so it is a prototype.

I believe that only commercially released cartridges count for any system you collect for. So promotional cartridges, mail in bug fix cartridges, and prototypes... while a great addition to your collection, are not necessary to complete a collection, they are just bonuses.

It is akin to buying a 1936 Harley Knucklehead and adding some vintage Harley saddlebags later. Are the saddle bags cool? Yes! But are they needed to make the bike a stock bike? No.

Just my two ETs worth. :ponder:

een waiting for years to get the opportunity to correct CPUWIZ's grammar. It finally happened. Revenge is mine! :D :cool:

You should spend more time learning your own language. ;) English is not my first language, yet it took you forever, think about that.

• Like 2

I think you can title your collection whatever you want to consider it complete. IE, a full ntsc commercially released set, or whatever it may be. Honestly a set isnt complete until the collector considers it complete. :)

:)

Well, I'm an NES collector looking for a full collection. Since I'm an American, for me, that means all commercially-released US games. I don't think I'm using warped logic by excluding Japanese, European, or Canadian games. The NES was a VERY different system in different geographic regions. I also think it's reasonable to exclude repros of unreleased games, since they're made on demand and have no meaningful rarity.

So, that leaves me with ~740 NES games that I must buy to reach my goal. The true challenges will be

Caltron/Myriad 6-in-1

Bubble Bath Babes

Peek a Boo Poker

Hot Slots

Action 52

Cheetahmen II

Stadium Events

Would you say this is a fair assessment of how to get a "complete" NES collection?

It's crazy the system that promotes what's worth a lot and what isn't.

I could get a car for the price of this plastic and cart.

No offense, but something is seriously wrong with you, and you need to get a new hobby/fascination if you are willing to shell out that much money on plastic and a 25 year old piece of electronic that's really only worth a few bucks.

There are many people that would say the same things about art that is thought to be priceless by the rest of the world. There are people that spend millions and millions on sports cars that serve the same basic function my 1997 Toyota does. There are actually people in the world that pay for used and unwashed underwear.

Money doesn't matter anyway. The way you use it matters. Some people have enough money to spend on stuff others would think is stupid. Sure, they could help others with the money and instead of filling their life with extra stuff they could dramatically imporve the lives of countless families. At the end of the day no one is dragging Jay Leno through the mud for owning more cars then any man could ever need. It might seem dumb to some to buy at $41,000 video game, but its also rude to come to a community of collectors and enjoy these things and say soemthing is wrong with them for enjoying it.

I'm just saying.

• Like 1

I think you can title your collection whatever you want to consider it complete. IE, a full ntsc commercially released set, or whatever it may be. Honestly a set isnt complete until the collector considers it complete. :)

:)

Well, I'm an NES collector looking for a full collection. Since I'm an American, for me, that means all commercially-released US games. I don't think I'm using warped logic by excluding Japanese, European, or Canadian games. The NES was a VERY different system in different geographic regions. I also think it's reasonable to exclude repros of unreleased games, since they're made on demand and have no meaningful rarity.

So, that leaves me with ~740 NES games that I must buy to reach my goal. The true challenges will be

Caltron/Myriad 6-in-1

Bubble Bath Babes

Peek a Boo Poker

Hot Slots

Action 52

Cheetahmen II

Stadium Events

Would you say this is a fair assessment of how to get a "complete" NES collection?

You list seems to mimic the DP and Elter lists which were the standard for years.

Well CMII wasn't ever sold. Mike Etler bought out the inventory from a dead company and even put the boxes together. He then sold them directly to collectors. Based on your criteria it really shouldn't count but most collectors count it because it is on the Etler rarity list.

A few Sachen games WERE sold in the US back in the day but the majority were bought by collectors directly from Sachen after the NES life cycle. The exception being Huge Insect as it is a more complicated history. Huge Insect was never put into 72 pin form until a group of collectors convinced the company to make a run of them just for them. The purple box was the 1st release and the second time they did this the box was green I think? Not sure if there was a third run. Does it count? The other Sachens should but most don't count them for the same reason as above. Sachen games were NOT on the Etler rarity list which was then copied by all the others at the time.

The Color Dreams Sharedata Chiller is rarer than any game on your list.

What of the bootleg multicarts sold here in the US? Sure they are unlicensed but so were others like all the Wisdom Tree games.

It's crazy the system that promotes what's worth a lot and what isn't.

I could get a car for the price of this plastic and cart.

No offense, but something is seriously wrong with you, and you need to get a new hobby/fascination if you are willing to shell out that much money on plastic and a 25 year old piece of electronic that's really only worth a few bucks.

There are many people that would say the same things about art that is thought to be priceless by the rest of the world. There are people that spend millions and millions on sports cars that serve the same basic function my 1997 Toyota does. There are actually people in the world that pay for used and unwashed underwear.

Money doesn't matter anyway. The way you use it matters. Some people have enough money to spend on stuff others would think is stupid. Sure, they could help others with the money and instead of filling their life with extra stuff they could dramatically imporve the lives of countless families. At the end of the day no one is dragging Jay Leno through the mud for owning more cars then any man could ever need. It might seem dumb to some to buy at $41,000 video game, but its also rude to come to a community of collectors and enjoy these things and say soemthing is wrong with them for enjoying it.

I'm just saying.

People sometimes say that buying this or that is a waste but the money isn't destroyed. You just gave it to someone else. That person can now spend your money where he likes and on and on. The more often we spend money the richer we all become. If you disagree think of this...When a house is built the money you spend has changed hands but now a house exists. We have created wealth that was not there before.

Well CMII wasn't ever sold. Mike Etler bought out the inventory from a dead company and even put the boxes together. He then sold them directly to collectors. Based on your criteria it really shouldn't count but most collectors count it because it is on the Etler rarity list.

It was my understanding that Cheetahmen II was produced in small numbers prior to the demise of Active Enterprises, and was liquidated to discount resellers (the early 90s version of Big Lots, etc). If that's true, I count it as a release, but only in the most technical sense... it was produced, then sent to retail stores. I know Etler bought some of the stock... did he really manage to get the whole thing?

Even if he did... I would still count it in the "released" category. It's not like there are many other games with such a unique history... it warrants bending the rules.

A few Sachen games WERE sold in the US back in the day but the majority were bought by collectors directly from Sachen after the NES life cycle. The exception being Huge Insect as it is a more complicated history. Huge Insect was never put into 72 pin form until a group of collectors convinced the company to make a run of them just for them. The purple box was the 1st release and the second time they did this the box was green I think? Not sure if there was a third run. Does it count? The other Sachens should but most don't count them for the same reason as above. Sachen games were NOT on the Etler rarity list which was then copied by all the others at the time.

Sachen is still an unknown to me. I plead ignorance on this one.

The Color Dreams Sharedata Chiller is rarer than any game on your list.

I know I've never found one. :-(

What of the bootleg multicarts sold here in the US? Sure they are unlicensed but so were others like all the Wisdom Tree games.

I don't count them simply because they're bootleg. Not an official commercial release (licensed or otherwise). It's similar logic to why I don't count repro proto carts-- since they're made on demand, they're as rare or as common as you'd like. Yes, there may be less than 1,000 in the world, but if you know for sure you can have one for less than $45, that's not really rare. I also don't count them in the "official" count because it's impossible to have a trustworthy list of what pirate games exist... and more are added every year.

een waiting for years to get the opportunity to correct CPUWIZ's grammar. It finally happened. Revenge is mine! :D :cool:

You should spend more time learning your own language. ;) English is not my first language, yet it took you forever, think about that.

Yeah, but they also teach English in your country pretty early. It's easier to learn proper English when you hear mostly German, and only hear it when you learn it in class.

Same would be with German for me. If I were to take 4 years of German, I am pretty sure I would have a firm handle on proper German. You on the other hand learned colloquial German, and probably come from a culture that has a variance from proper German.

Sides there is so much more to English than proper grammatical structure. There are double entendres. There are other little subtleties that a non native speaker will never learn as good as a native speaker.

Besides, there is no need to get defensive, even in jest. My attack on you really was not an attack, but more an attack on me. There was a subtlety in my response to you that you completely lost, that most English speakers would of picked up in a heart beat. :P

that most English speakers would of picked up in a heart beat. icon_razz.gif

it's "Would have" not "would of." Do I get anything for correcting homerwannabee's grammar? Probably not.

But to chime in, if I had that much money, I would probably spend it on an uber-rare 2600 cart. I wonder why there are so many NES collectors now. The 2600 is much more fun to collect for. Does Stadium Events use the pad that you put your feet on?

• Like 2