IGNORED

selling n64 to buy a snes

No. Keep them both.

Mario Kart 64 is the best version of that game available. Also, there other great ones on that system like Cruisin' USA, F1 Challenge, SM64, and Diddy Kong Racing.

SNES is a solid system, but I would not sell a N64 to get one.

Edited by tz101
  • Like 1

Why only 3? Parents won't let you. (Which is actually a good idea, my parents despise my room for the crowded systems)

I guess if you have no other choice, and you really want a SNES, I don't see anything wrong with it. Take advantage of the RPG's the SNES has. It's something the N64 was lacking severely, and it's a genre that hasn't aged well in the NES days. SNES was the golden age for these games.

Well I already have a nes and a atari 7800. I can only have 3 consoles at the same. (accept handhelds) so i thought that the snes was the better option

If you can get a handheld without having to sell the N64, consider a Yobo FC-16 GO. I haven't used my SNES since getting one. :cool:

They run between $50 and $70 new.

If you can get a handheld without having to sell the N64, consider a Yobo FC-16 GO. I haven't used my SNES since getting one. :cool:

They run between $50 and $70 new.

Yeah, these are actually great units, and it will save you a ton of space.. maybe allowing you to sneak in that "4th system".. ;)

The wireless pads are excellent, too!

The controllers are cheap plastic, but they are responsive and comfortable (they are nearly identical in shape to a stock SNES pad). I've personally had issues with the built-in d-pad and buttons on the unit itself, but the wireless controllers that come with it work great.

The controllers are cheap plastic, but they are responsive and comfortable (they are nearly identical in shape to a stock SNES pad). I've personally had issues with the built-in d-pad and buttons on the unit itself, but the wireless controllers that come with it work great.

QFT. The dpad on the unit itself can be rather "stiff" and harder to hit those diagonals, but the wireless pads are better than most third-party SNES pads I've used. And yes, it does have AV out for hooking to a TV. You can leave the unit closed when using the AV out, and because you're using the wireless pad, it's no different than using a regular SNES except no wires on the pads! :)

One other nice thing about the FC-16 GO - it doesn't check the region nor require those silly CIC chips. I can use a SNES Neo Myth flash cart without a SNES cart on the pass-through, and can play games from anywhere. :cool:

EDIT: Let me clarify one thing on that last statement - it DOES matter as far as PAL/NTSC goes... I cannot play PAL only games on my NTSC FC-16 GO; however, if the game is NTSC, then it doesn't matter where it's from. I play Japanese games on it all the time.

Edited by Chilly Willy

No, you didn't make the right decision. N64 has far more good games, and way less bad games than SNES. SNES does have a fair share of classics, but it gets way more praise than it deserves. N64, on the other hand, has a ton of great games and doesn't get praised enough. If I were stuck on a desert island for two weeks, and had to choose one of those, I would take N64 without hesitation.

• Like 1

No, you didn't make the right decision. N64 has far more good games, and way less bad games than SNES. SNES does have a fair share of classics, but it gets way more praise than it deserves. N64, on the other hand, has a ton of great games and doesn't get praised enough. If I were stuck on a desert island for two weeks, and had to choose one of those, I would take N64 without hesitation.

Eh. They both have such a vast library of games, how can you choose 1? I mean, it's not like the guy will play every videogame on both consoles, so he might as well play around.

Not to mention the N64 had a horrid showing of RPG's.

Eh. They both have such a vast library of games, how can you choose 1? I mean, it's not like the guy will play every videogame on both consoles, so he might as well play around.

Not to mention the N64 had a horrid showing of RPG's.

The thing is, the OP has to choose just one, so he might as well choose the one that will go the farthest. SNES has lots of games, but most of them have aged badly. N64, on the other hand, has less games overall but far more of them are still fun.

BTW, if it's RPGs the OP is looking for, I wouldn't suggest buying either of those systems. PlayStation is the hotspot for RPGS.

I completely disagree with the age part. SNES games haven't aged one bit, that's why alot of them could easily be ported to the GBA with no change.

If he's experienced alot of the good N64 games, than I don't see why he shouldn't try out another systems golden titles.

Whatever you say. By the looks of it, the OP already got the SNES anyway, so there's no hope here.

At least its not like he is losing anything rare here. In his case it sounds like he could probably get away with keeping all his games for various systems but just trade hardware around. Those kinds of systems always pop up in thrift stores, but it is harder to find the Atari or a good working NES so he is smart for always keeping those two.