IGNORED

Can someone recommend a free game collection database for windows 7?

NoleOne

I cannot recommend MS Excel for use as a database. For starters, it is not searchable by fields or categories like a true database. Get MS Access for a true database.

I will not waste time manually entering all my video gaming stuff into a program that does not allow me to search for items by predefined categories.

I cannot recommend MS Excel for use as a database. For starters, it is not searchable by fields or categories like a true database. Get MS Access for a true database.

I will not waste time manually entering all my video gaming stuff into a program that does not allow me to search for items by predefined categories.

Honestly, he doesn't need a database. It's searchable by any fields and categories that you bother to set up, which takes all of a few minutes. If there's some fiddly function that you need & isn't already present, you can add it through VBA.

I think MS Access is overkill for listing your atari carts.

• Like 1

Honestly, he doesn't need a database. It's searchable by any fields and categories that you bother to set up, which takes all of a few minutes. If there's some fiddly function that you need & isn't already present, you can add it through VBA.

I think MS Access is overkill for listing your atari carts.

Exactly, and not only that, but Excel IS a flat-file database, it's just not a relational database. I put all this and more in my post above before I got frustrated and decided I didn't care who knows how to use their software and who doesn't. Don't know how to use a piece of professional software correctly? OH OK, then just "don't recommend it". That makes total sense. What we're (me and a friend) doing with Excel at work (mostly via VBA) would make most people's heads spin, not realizing that Excel was even capable of it.

• 2 weeks later...