IGNORED

Arcade Fight Stick

slosu

Just recently purchaced a Pelican Arcade Stick. It's supposed to be compatible with the PS2, Xbox and the Gamecube. It plays perfectly on the PS2 & Xbox but I can't get it to work for Gamecube which is the main reason I had bought it. Any help here would be appriciated...am I doing something wrong? Are there ANY arcade sticks that will work on the Gamecube?

Thanks!

Just recently purchaced a Pelican Arcade Stick. It's supposed to be compatible with the PS2, Xbox and the Gamecube. It plays perfectly on the PS2 & Xbox but I can't get it to work for Gamecube which is the main reason I had bought it. Any help here would be appriciated...am I doing something wrong? Are there ANY arcade sticks that will work on the Gamecube?

Thanks!

Theres your problem right there. I don't know that I have ever gotten something from them that worked right for long.

I'm assuming you have looked into a switch or something clearly needed to make this thing work.

You might crack that bad boy open and look for a bad soder point or something. Sometimes those points get cracked or were just bad from the start.

Thanks!

Is it the Real Arcade Universal one, then? I have one, and it worked fine on all three systems. Could be a loose wire... you don't have any other of the end pieces plugged in, right? Also, keep in mind it does NOT work on the Wii.

I modded mine with a Multiconsole-Cthulhu PCB. It functions on all three of those systems, plus a variety more, so that may be your best bet for wii/gamecube arcade stick gaming if you're a bit handy with a soldering kit. I think there are some Japanese arcade stick releases as well, and I know a dedicated Gamecube Pelican stick exists.

Edited by ubersaurus

Thanks!

Is it the Real Arcade Universal one, then? I have one, and it worked fine on all three systems. Could be a loose wire... you don't have any other of the end pieces plugged in, right? Also, keep in mind it does NOT work on the Wii.

I modded mine with a Multiconsole-Cthulhu PCB. It functions on all three of those systems, plus a variety more, so that may be your best bet for wii/gamecube arcade stick gaming if you're a bit handy with a soldering kit. I think there are some Japanese arcade stick releases as well, and I know a dedicated Gamecube Pelican stick exists.

Yeah it's the Real Arcade Universal one. I will open it up when I get a chance to see if there may be a loose wire. Like I said, it works fine on the PS2 & XBOX just not on the Gamecube. Let me ask this....is this stick dedicated for fighting games only or is it compatible with most Games?

There is no stick that is "dedicated" to fighting games. I mean, yes, they are in one sense (they are *meant* to be used with fighting games and other arcade-style games), but their buttons are simply mapped to your standard system buttons (say, on a PS2 stick, X, O, square and triangle), and the sticks themselves are simply mapped to the d-pad functions on a standard controller. They will work on any game that supports those basic functions.

I'm not sure how serious you are about fighting games or having a great stick in general, but the Pelican sticks really aren't very good, especially for fighting games. If you want a great stick, perhaps look into a Japanese Hori stick from the PS2 era (Or one of the many Namco sticks from the PS1 era), then buy a Game Cube and XBOX controller converter from there. Or if you want to get into some serious money, check out a MAS arcade stick that uses more standardized parts found in American arcades. Regardless, the feel and precision going with either direction is leagues above what you are going to get with these cheap American brands.

*edit:

Here is a PS1 Hori stick at what seems like a decent price: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607269077721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260726907772&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Even this cheap Innovation stick will work a hell of a lot better than the Pelican brand, and even features your more arcade-like clicky stick and buttons: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 705311360691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=70531136069&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]