IGNORED

nanoPEB and E/A cart : I/O error code 0

lucifershalo

Sounds to me like he doesn't know how to mount it in TI99DIR.

lucifershalo, just right click on the volume you want to be dsk1 and themenu will aloow you to pick it as dsk1, same goes for 2 other volumes for dsk2 and dsk3. then put it in the nanopeb and fire up the TI. bazinga.

yup, just as it shows in your post (i replied same time as you).

So, when you fire up your TI, you need to run the command that tells you what files are on dsk1, I think it's vol or volume.

Edited by snume

The other option is that your DSK file is improperly formatted. I suggest looking in this forum for a subject entitled "CF Images" or something like that. DL a known "good" CF dsk image and try running a program from it. If mounting from BASIC doesn't work with your current dsk, try getting another dsk that is tested to work on a CF7. I would send you one, but I'm on my iPhone right now and don't have any files.... I can tell you that my Honeycomb Rapture and Lemonade Stand games are available to DL on my website in dsk format. But try mounting the one you have installed first from BASIC. :)

Going from memory,

- Using Ti99Dir, copy .dsk over as a CF7 volume

- With XB cart in, chose TI BASIC and typed

- CALL MOUNT (1,1)

- FCTN + to reset and ran XB

After this if things were working, the program would auto-run.

hth,

~telengard

Edited by telengard

I/O error 60

Each digit of the error code has a meaning. A 6 for the first digit is a "SAVE" error. A 0 for the second digit is "The disk drive specified could not be found."

The error codes can be found on pg. 42 of the Disk Memory System manual. Based on that error, it seems like the CF7 disks are not being mounted or recognized by the system.

Edited by matthew180

Error code 0 would tell me the device cannot be found. Since the nanoPEB info is present on the title screen, it is probably safe to assume the DSR is present.

In one of the earlier messages I noticed the use of lowercase letters. Are you by chance typing "dsk1.program" instead of "DSK1.PROGRAM"? The former would elicit error 0. IIRC, Classic99 does not appear to reproduce this error in the same manner as a real TI, though I probably should retest that before I blather. Perhaps someone with a nanoPEB and Classic99 can perform a quick comparison for giggles.

Anyway, if you didn't capitalize everything, do so and try again.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker

Classic99 does not emulate a TI disk controller, for convenience, its disk controller supports the devices DSK0 through DSK9 as well as dsk0 through dsk9. A real TI disk controller (and presumably the NanoPeb) only support DSK1, DSK2, and DSK3 (uppercase only). The Myarc and Corcomp controllers add DSK4 (still uppercase only).

So, yeah, error 0 means "device not found".

I tried in upper case

and I have a error code 7.....

I would know all the error codes

by the time I am finished :D

hehe :)

The error codes are:

0 - Bad Device Name (ie: device not found)

1 - Device is write protected (on a write attempt)

2 - Bad open attribute (wrong record length, wrong file type, etc)

3 - Illegal operation (unsupported or bad combination of operations, like opening a printer for input)

4 - Out of table or buffer space (for instance, too many files)

5 - Read past end of file

6 - Device error (hard errors like parity or bad media)

7 - File error (program/data mismatch, non-existing file opened, etc)

For what you are doing there, my guess would be the file wasn't found - make sure you have the right disk mounted and that you are spelling the filename right (case and all).

• Like 1

Aw.. it's pretty easy once you get it though. The trick with loading a disk based game is you need to know in advance what the filename is, and what type of file it is. There are four main types of executables, and assuming you mount the correct disk image as DSK1:

TI BASIC

No cartridge needed. Start TI BASIC. Load with "OLD DSK1.FILENAME", then start with RUN. These show up in directories as PROGRAM files.

EXTENDED BASIC

Extended BASIC cartridge needed. Start Extended BASIC (also called XB), then load and run the same as TI BASIC. These show as PROGRAM files if under about 12k, or Internal/Fixed 163 files if larger.

Note that TI BASIC programs will often run in XB, but not always, there's no way to tell in advance though without reading the listing.

Assembly Object File E/A #3

These are assembly object files loaded with Editor/Assembler cartridge option #3. Start Editor/Assembler, select option 3 "Load and Run", and enter "DSK1.FILENAME". Assuming just the one file, and it does not autostart (rare that it will), press enter without typing another name and it will say "ENTER PROGRAM NAME". Unfortunately, you just need to know it, but most commonly programmers used "START" or "MAIN". (You can also load the file in a text editor and look near the end for a clue as to the name). These show as either Display/Fixed 80 or Display/Variable 80 files. It is quite rare to find games distributed this way.

Assembly Program image file, E/A#5

These are the most common type of disk-based games, and are loaded with Editor/Assembler cartridge option #5. There is usually more than one file, with the last letter or number of the filename incrementing between them - you only need to use the first one. Start Editor/Assembler, select option 5 "Run Program File", and enter "DSK1.FILENAME". It will automatically load any other needed files and start the program automatically.

the last thing I can try is

can someone send me a Assembly Program image file, E/A#5

with the exact name to type

"dsk1.filename" to be sure

and I will try it

but as far I am concern I tried it

and nothing

I'll chime in....

It looks like you are trying to play Major Tom. Is this correct ?

If so here are some facts to consider...

#1.... Major-Tom is an EA3 type program. It does not auto start and has the entry point of "LOTS" (my copy anyhow....)

#2.... The disk MUST be mounted in DSK1. The program has it's own loader that does not boot track. All files must be in DSK1 (there are around 15 of them total.)

You picked a difficult one to get started with if the above is true.

I would think the first thing you should do is make sure you can save and load from BASIC or XB. That would be your starting point to ensure your device is working properly. If that works then try downloading and converting some of the BASIC, XB files available on this forum to your CF using TIDIR. If you can't get that to work then perhaps the problem lies in the conversion process you are using....

It's a shame that the CF7 and NPEB don't work correctly with an expanded TI system. That would solve a lot of issues but unfortunately that is not the case. But don't give up yet ! Take a big breath and regroup ;-)

Good luck! Hope you get it!

Not sure if there are many tutorials around, but maybe it will help to go through my Editor/Assembler tutorial for Classic99. Even though you aren't trying to write assembly, it is very short and you can see what you are expected to type for loading in Editor/Assembler.

Start here, follow the instructions at the top of the screen and use the 'next' link to get to the next step of each page.

http://harmlesslion.com/gtwo/v/Projects/tiea/01_G.png.html

I am back at trying to make it work

in TI99Dir

I have my dsk files in my folder on the right

on the left I have my CF card

I formatted it with fat

I want to put Pitfall on the Cf

I clicked on Pitfall.dsk

it opens and I see different files

#PITFALN

#PITFALM

LOAD

#PITFALL

which file do I need to put on the CF and how to do it

I tried "copy file" but I cant select that function

thanks

It looks like from your earlier pictures that it is formatted properly already. Honestly, when I received my CF7 as a gift, my card was already formatted... When I plug it in, it (my PC) tells me the card is NOT formatted and prompts me to format it, which I decline each time.

So, in regular BASIC, you cannot SAVE anything? That is so bizarre. Try this:

In BASIC--- type the following exactly as you see it...

CALL MOUNT(1,2)
CALL MOUNT(2,1)
100 PRINT "TEST"
110 END
SAVE "DSK1.TEST"