IGNORED

Some help remembering a 2600 game

Robocop2

Now granted this is a memory from about 25 years ago so I may have distilled several memories into one at some point but I always remember it the same way. A friend of mine had this game where as best I can remember you were a square that was shooting at skeletons, spiders and maybe bats in a large room with walls (kind of like a maze but I don't recall any objective other than shoot things) I don't really remember much other than that about it though. Sorry for the vague description and I know it sounds somewhat like Haunted House minus shooting things but if my memory serves me correctly the enemies were much larger than they are in HH. I'm certain it was for the 2600 as my friend and I both had one and I almost traded some toys for the game but decided not to. Any insight would be appreciated

I agree, Venture and Dark Chambers each fit that description.

My wife and I played a two-player Dark Chambers game once for fun to see if it had an ending after Level "Z" (the game starts at "A"). However, after "Z" it started to randomly pick previous letters. It was quite dissapointing as I was expecting some kind of end to it all.

After looking at screens for all the above mentioned games I really think it is Venture the layouts are similar to what I remember and the smiley face kind of stands out in my mind. Though for some reason I remember the enemy sprites being larger?

Thanks guys for helping me solve a mystery