IGNORED

Opcode prototype auctions - batch 2

opcode

... while Moon Patrol is more of a tech demo right now (part of the attract mode code showing the moon buggy on a smooth scrolling moon surface, complete with animated wheels).

Eduardo

I was just playing "Matt Patrol" the other day. And although my 13-year-old nephew got a kick out of the floating bras and Devo hats, I thought it would be great to have a real port of the game. Incidentally, one of the first games I played on my Apple IIc was Moon Patrol. I'd love to see a demo on that one.

• 6 months later...

Out of curiosity, how many people would be interested on digital copies of prototypes?

Better yet, how many ColecoVision users with flash carts out there?

Eduardo

I have a ColecoVision flash cart which I purchased about 6 months ago. But I also own over 90 ColecoVision cartridges including newer games such as Steamroller, Space Invaders Collection, Pacman Collection, Mario Brothers, Penguin Land and Gulkave.

I enjoy buying new games in cartridge form when I know about them. Sometimes I miss some games for various reasons. Many great games have been created several of you that I would be willing to buy but they are no longer available in any form. Maybe I just don't know were to find them if they are still available, I don't know.

What I would like to see is after a period of time, maybe after all the cartridges have been sold, or whatever developers decide is "the right time" a year, maybe two later, that a rom is made available. It wouldn't have to be for free, but possibly sell it for $5 or something. I know I would pay a few dollars for some games in rom form that aren't around in cartridge any more.

I realize that once a rom is released it can be spread over the internet and you lose control so I am not really sure what the right thing to do is.

I'm just a fan of everyone that makes these games and I have no intention to steal from any of you. I respect the incredible work you all do way to much to steal it. Maybe I'm in the minority here but that is how I feel.

These are your games and you have the right to do with them as you wish.

Take care

Edited by 65Gamerguy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, how many people would be interested on digital copies of prototypes?

Eduardo

I have a ColecoVision flash cart which I purchased about 6 months ago. But I also own over 90 ColecoVision cartridges including newer games such as Steamroller, Space Invaders Collection, Pacman Collection, Mario Brothers, Penguin Land and Gulkave.

I enjoy buying new games in cartridge form when I know about them. Sometimes I miss some games for various reasons. Many great games have been created several of you that I would be willing to buy but they are no longer available in any form. Maybe I just don't know were to find them if they are still available, I don't know.

What I would like to see is after a period of time, maybe after all the cartridges have been sold, or whatever developers decide is "the right time" a year, maybe two later, that a rom is made available. It wouldn't have to be for free, but possibly sell it for $5 or something. I know I would pay a few dollars for some games in rom form that aren't around in cartridge any more.

I realize that once a rom is released it can be spread over the internet and you lose control so I am not really sure what the right thing to do is.

I'm just a fan of everyone that makes these games and I have no intention to steal from any of you. I respect the incredible work you all do way to much to steal it. Maybe I'm in the minority here but that is how I feel.

These are your games and you have the right to do with them as you wish.

Take care

I agree with you 100%. It has been something that is been talked about for a while here. People seem to be on one side or the other. I know Opcode did have roms up of SI collection and Sky Jag. I think it would be great if they did but I understand there side of it also. Opcode Sky Jag was sold out and he wasn't going to sell anymore so he put up the rom but now he is back to selling it so I don't know if it affected his sales of it now or not. I know with me just having the rom of a game doesn't replace having the real copy it just means I get to play the game a lot more. I try not to play my carts to keep them in the best condition I can and play everything off of my Ultimate SD. Unfortunately that means I don't play my homebrew games nearly as much as I would like to. Also there is great games like Ghost n Zombies that I have never played because I can't find a copy of it. I almost bought one on ebay but got out bid at $300! I know there is a solution but I don't know if its worth the risk. It's easy to say when it not your money that is at stake. I think it would be a good idea to put a screen on the rom when you power the game up it says "this is a homebrew game and if you did not pay for this rom please make a donation at ________ website to continue to support the development of more homebrew games" Something like that would be cool and I don't think I'm the only honest retro gamer out there that would like to pay for my games that I enjoy. Anyways get ready because lots of new homebrews for the colecovision are coming out very soon!! :lust:

Eduardo

I would love to have Digital copies of Prototypes :lust: :lust: :lust: Please :lust: :lust: :lust: I know that was a old post but still

Thanks Eduardo