IGNORED

I Have Never Been So Pissed in My Days Of Buying On Ebay

atari181

People are always brave when talking through a PC keyboard where they can hide like the cowards they are.Thanks for letting us know Atari181 about this (no words good enough to describe)delightful fellow. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rik

I've run into people like that on ebay too. I've taken a few chances again on ebay lately and hopefully I won't run into any more people like him.

By the way, I know you want to be done with it, understandably, but I would report that nonsense to ebay. I don't know if they'll do anything, but his behavior was totally uncalled for, especially the horrible assumptions he made.

I've run into people like that on ebay too. I've taken a few chances again on ebay lately and hopefully I won't run into any more people like him.

By the way, I know you want to be done with it, understandably, but I would report that nonsense to ebay. I don't know if they'll do anything, but his behavior was totally uncalled for, especially the horrible assumptions he made.

My experience with Ebay customer service has been pretty bad, every time it seems they rule on the side of stupidity. I am just happy to have my original cost of the item refunded. He has sent me several(8) mesages since my last response. If hew continues into tomorrow I will report him. Don't think anything will happen though.

Or, you can believe different and continue having a pity party :party:

You'd better be careful how you talk to tz101, or else ... he'll complain about you behind your back on some other forum.

Sorry to add to the fire, but if what he posted there is correct, he has a right to. This bit that some "collectors" are somehow special and disallowed from being called out when they are a-holes is total crap. I was once told I was almost banned from AA because I insulted an "important collector". F*** that. I don't care how many boxed games you have sitting on a shelf in your attic, that shouldn't allow for rude comments to go unchecked. Period.

Back on topic...neg the jerk.

I once bought an Xbox on Ebay and it was shipped to me floating around freely in a box!!! I just left TOTAL public negative feedback for the person stating he was not competent selling electronics since he did not even know how to handle electronics. That's it. KILL HIM and do not care about him anymore.

• Like 1

Ebay is an adventure, and you won't know the outcome beforehand. It is useful for acquiring something rare, or something with an abnormally low price. It can also be good for finding huge lots. In general though, there seems to be enough established sellers here on AA that I wouldn't need to go elsewhere, as I fit more into the "buyer" catagory. A lot of guys here have very competitive prices too!

I have a friend who had a very negative experience with a buyer threating him using feedback extortion, then making good on his threat. The ebay protocal for getting his bad feedback removed from my buddy's profile was so cryptic that we couldn't figure it out. The feedback that my buddy left for him- publicly stating in a non-offensive mannor what had happened- WAS removed, as this dishonest buyer seemed to know how things worked. The original item? A cheap yoyo.

In regards to the original poster, sorry that you had a bad experience. I haven't gone back and read the whole thread yet, I hope that it was resolved in a satisfactory mannor.

Edited by toptenmaterial

Just buy from Atariage atari181, you are amongst friends here, not saddo's that don't have children yet still call you a child molester (doesn't libel laws exist in the US....you should sue him/her or it for that)

To be libel, it would have to be public. Only atari181 made it public. Maybe it could be harassment though?

Just buy from Atariage atari181, you are amongst friends here, not saddo's that don't have children yet still call you a child molester (doesn't libel laws exist in the US....you should sue him/her or it for that)

To be libel, it would have to be public. Only atari181 made it public. Maybe it could be harassment though?

either way, that's way beyond the pale

If that means reprehensible, then yeah.

Ok, educate me. They seem to have wrapped the box in brown craft paper and taped it up. I have sent many packages that way. Are you wanting this put into a larger box, padded around it, then taped shut and shipped? Did you specify that to the seller prior to shipping?

For an item where being boxed is part of the value that would be an insanely stupid thing for the seller to do. I once sold a lego monorail on ebay and a good chuck of its value came from it still having the complete box. To ship it there wasn't any premade boxes I could find that were remotely big enough so I ended up hand making a custom box to ship it in. It was absolutely enormous with about 3-6 inches of packing peanuts on every side of the box. It was very expensive to ship but the buyer was more then willing to pay what it cost.

If that means reprehensible, then yeah.

You know, I don't actually know what it means or where I first heard it, only that I use it a lot. So it must be relevant!