IGNORED

WHY NO HOMEBREW GAMES for INTELLIVISION ?

ozma wars

If we give a look to the impressive number of homebrews released for Atari 2600 ( I hate this console ) and Colecovision, and also look at the number of new projects to be released soon for them...no more hope for Inty fans.

What I really do not understand is also the fact that potential current owners of Intellivision are surely more than those of Colecovision. So, what happen ? what is wrong ?

There's a number of advantages for ColecoVision homebrews, as I see it...

1. The ColecoVision uses a popular processor, the Z80. Support chips for audio and video are also fairly popular.

2. The CV is similar to the SG-1000, and to a lesser extent, the MSX1. There are a number of conversions available.

3. The CV can be programmed in C as well as assembler. There are libraries and tutorials available which make it quite simple to get started. I'm not sure what's available for the Intellivision, but the CV material is fairly mature, and has been and still is promoted quite well. The Intv material may be just as good (I don't know), but it's definitely not advertised or promoted as well, as far as I can see.

4. There's a number of suppliers for blank cartridge PCBs for the CV. The fact that the CV PCB is simple helps, too. I've seen some information that would help create an Intv PCB, but I haven't seen a simple explanation or schematic. If anyone's willing to share (logic or schematics), that would be appreciated. :)

5. Cartridges casings are likely more difficult to find for the CV, but there's brand new ones available also.

There may be more, but this is what I just thought of right now.

many thanks for precise info. being a Colecovision fan I know the technical differences.... simply here, old Europe, I supposed the U.S. Intellivision community bigger but I see a khadafian desert with only few creative oasis. But ok, I am only 43 y.o. and still have time for waiting new, and inviting, homebrew games. many thanks you all homebrewers.

Max