IGNORED

How to play 7800 on wii

Jinks

It depends on the firmware your Wii is on, firstly you need to get the homebrew channel installed then we can take things from there

I have the lastest update, there is no hombrew channel avaible.. was that another joke I suppose...can anyone provide an answer??

It depends on the firmware your Wii is on, firstly you need to get the homebrew channel installed then we can take things from there

I have the lastest update, there is no hombrew channel avaible.. was that another joke I suppose...can anyone provide an answer??

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup

Follow that guide first. Since you say you are updated to the latest Wii firmware then you'll need any one of five particular games to get the Homebrew Channel installed.

Follow that guide and check the forum on the wiibrew.org site. That is a good and appropriate forum for getting your Wii homebrew enabled. Once you've done that, come back here and we can proceed to help you get Wii7800 installed.

To get the Homebrew Channel installed, you'll need one of 5 games (best one to use is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as this exploit will be the hardest for Nintendo to get around), an SD card (not HCSD, at least for the first step in softmodding your Wii--you can use an HCSD card once you've finished installing the hack), and the step-by-step guide available here. Once you have done that, Wii7800 is available from the Homebrew Browser. Install. Then load up that SD card with your .A78 format ROMs (copy them from your PC to your SD card, in the WII7800\roms folder), put SD card back in Wii, load Wii7800 from the Homebrew channel, and have fun! :P

Edited by Fafaflunkie

now all I need is some way to use original controllers on the wii with the emus...

A quick search for:

gamecube controller adaptor

brings up several different adapters for connecting older controllers to the gamecube... which should be usable with the Wii since it has gamecube control ports on top... didn't see anything for older Atari, Sega, etc... controllers, but I did see several for NES, PlayStation, and N64 controllers...

...Maybe if you look you might find one which could be modified for use with the 7800 controllers. Might have to involve turning an NES contoll pad into a 7800 to NES adapter and using that with the NES to GameCube adapter.

9-pin to nes to gamecube?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/500168/200107236-332576028/Free-Shipping-Newest-Hot-Sale-NES-SNES-to-Wii-Adapter-Converter-SL87.html

actually that looks like it would do it! has a 9 pin port! wonder if the emus would know to use a digital one or two button controller in that way...

also, wonder if the 9 pin port would properly support 2600/7800 controllers...

Edited by Godzilla

now all I need is some way to use original controllers on the wii with the emus...

I bought this one a while back http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/genesis_to_wii/index.php?category=Gaming

It works very well, but only Atari / Genesis/sms

He also makes a snes version http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_wii/index.php?category=Adapters