IGNORED

You Don't Know Jack

JamesD

Give it a few months and it probably will be downloadable. I wanted to buy it but when I could buy 3 discount titles for the price of it... I thought I'd wait. And I'm actually enjoying those discount titles btw.

YDKJ is awesome though so I know it will make it into my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, sounds to me as though the big button controllers should work just fine then. Good idea on the demo Hamm....I'll download tonight and check it out.

I'd like to get this game regardless. I have a lot of great memories playing this with friends in college. It's just that I'll probably get it that much sooner if it is compatible, as it makes playing a lot easier before going to bed if we can just use the Scene It! controllers, which are already next to our bedroom TV anyway.

Best Buy has this on sale for $20 this week. Seems like a great pickup for the price!

Sweet and I have a BB giftcard right now! Was wondering what to get with it.

Sometimes I think that people don't believe me when I say how much I enjoy getting gift cards, because I really do. As long as they're store cards....the prepaid credit card types tend to have way too much small print involved.

Anyway, ended up spending time with my girls last night and then playing Reach, so I never did end up downloading the YDKJ trial, but I'll try to get to it tonight, just in case anyone else has been wondering about its compatability with the big button controllers.

I snagged it Friday.

I can confirm the Scene It Big Button controllers work and in fact the instructions include the button layout for those controllers.

The game does use theTriggers (for screws) but if you use the Big Button controller you press the big button.

Truthfully the Big Button controller suck for this game. They work for Scene It because you only use the one button (The big one) to press for the right answer. In YDKJ you have to hit one of the colored buttons and as quickly as you can. Not so easy, or quick when they are lined up straight. You more or less have to look down to make sure you are hitting the correct button. So yes they do work, but I can't imagine wanting to use them.

The game was fun though. At $20 it's been well worth it so far.

Based on the clues given for the Amazon Gold Box deals, I'm hoping that it's the last offering today. If so I'll likely pick it up. My wife and I played yesterday and she liked it. That's really saying something, so I need to make sure that games in our house!

Anyway, we played with the Big Button Controllers and in all honesty, for me I wouldn't want to play any other way. The answer choices are shown on the screen the same way the BBC buttons are laid out and for me at least I never had to look down to ensure I was hitting the right one. But for us the main reason the BBC worked so nicely was that we were playing in bed, and as such it was much more comfortable to use only one hand to hold the controller than two, and holding the regular Xbox controller with one hand is uncomfortable.

I agree on the price point....you CANNOT go wrong with this game at $20.

The answer choices are shown on the screen the same way the BBC buttons are laid out

You must have to boot up the game with the BB controller already connected then, when I played it it was the opposite. The answers were given lain out like a standard Xbox controller. I did connected the BB controller after we had already played through a game though. In fact I was using the BB and my girlfriend was using a standard. I'll have to try it again with just the BB controllers hooked up. Would be nice to have another reason to use them!

The answer choices are shown on the screen the same way the BBC buttons are laid out

You must have to boot up the game with the BB controller already connected then, when I played it it was the opposite. The answers were given lain out like a standard Xbox controller. I did connected the BB controller after we had already played through a game though. In fact I was using the BB and my girlfriend was using a standard. I'll have to try it again with just the BB controllers hooked up. Would be nice to have another reason to use them!

You know that's funny because I was actually thinking to myself as the on-screen instructions were talking about using the big button to screw your opponent and so on that wow, this is pretty cool that the instructions actually tailor themselves depending on what controller you're using. Then I though 'Nah! this must the the standard on-screen tutorial'. I guess it really does tailor itself!

Yea, just an FYI, I never had my 360 controller on at all....powered up from the console and navigated to the demo using the BBC. I can definitely see how using the BBCs would be a bit frustrating when the answer choices were visually laid out on screen like a regular controller. Kind of like if you've ever played Brain Games on DS....when they flash a color word but in a different color, like RED and you need to say the color that you're seeing, not what the word is. :ponder:

Then I though 'Nah! this must the the standard on-screen tutorial'. I guess it really does tailor itself!

Nope it must because my tutorial said to use the triggers, and I was like, well in that case the BB might not work, but then I checked the paper manual and they had the BB's listed in there.

That is pretty cool. We haven't played since that night though. So I haven't gotten the chance to try them out.