IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

The list has finally been updated.  Apologies as always for the delay.  

@Albert, I've been chatting with @Crazymoon67 and he has offered to take over responsibility for the 7800 Serial Number list maintenance and updating from me.  I can vouch for his credentials as a Atari collector and all around fan.  If it's ok, can you pass over administrative rights on the thread to him?  

It's been a pleasure and an honor pitching in as much as I was able to.  Thanks so much.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought this one brand new back during the original release timeline. I put this one on layaway at my first job at Rose's Department Store, Brevard, NC.

This one does not have the expansion port on the board or on the case. Only a hint of the cutaway is left on the inside of the case.

myers_7800.thumb.jpg.8ffdac7fbe716a2f2dfb7fe262605acd.jpg

On 2/22/2024 at 8:17 PM, electronicsibley said:

The list has finally been updated.  Apologies as always for the delay.  

@Albert, I've been chatting with @Crazymoon67 and he has offered to take over responsibility for the 7800 Serial Number list maintenance and updating from me.  I can vouch for his credentials as a Atari collector and all around fan.  If it's ok, can you pass over administrative rights on the thread to him?  

It's been a pleasure and an honor pitching in as much as I was able to.  Thanks so much.  

Just giving it another quick shot on transferring the list through @Albert. If anyone knows of another way, I’d be happy to follow up. 

4 minutes ago, electronicsibley said:

Just giving it another quick shot on transferring the list through @Albert. If anyone knows of another way, I’d be happy to follow up. 

I've now set @Crazymoon67 as the author of the first post, so he can now edit and maintain that post as necessary.

Have fun!

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I needed to take out my second Atari 7800 today for testing so I thought I'd take some pictures to add to the list!

SERIAL NO: 72R4BR A177 5921657

It's unmodded with the expansion port hole only and I have the matching box with serial number.

- James

PXL_20240307_214043257.thumb.jpg.09bc103879cf9faa4f9d29149c5ce6c0.jpg

PXL_20240307_215141991.thumb.jpg.ad2a399121248267eccf8ffd6ff988af.jpg

PXL_20240307_215155872.thumb.jpg.26ad0d7afdb0dffa0c80f9651486d02e.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, Thran said:

Mine can be added to the list.  Original owner since 1988.  

Serial number is A1 76 5776642 with the expansion interface.

Won't run a few 2600 games, Dungeon (homebrew), Robot Tank, Decathalon or Space Cavern.

Quoting myself to add a picture of the serial number.  I got Robot Tank and Dungeon to run by clipping capacitor C64.  I also added a UAV s-video mod with the 7800-mount board.  

20240310_162308.jpg

10 hours ago, Dire 51 said:

Must've missed mine, so here it is again. It's been pretty extensively modded; @-^CrossBow^- did a ton of work on it.

hi thanks for the submission the Mods are ? more details on the work are needed like a Comp or S-Video? also can you see the first ink number on your serial #?  im having an issue reading it. thank you Crazymoon67

12 hours ago, Crazymoon67 said:

hi thanks for the submission the Mods are ? more details on the work are needed like a Comp or S-Video? also can you see the first ink number on your serial #?  im having an issue reading it. thank you Crazymoon67

I can answer that... looking over the service logs:

- I had to replace his TIA as the paddle lines and keypad controllers weren't working.

- 3.5mm Audio jack added for audio INPUT to allow easier use of Avox and other external audio sources to be mixed within the console

- Original Voltage regulator was removed and replaced with a DC-DC switching converter

- OEM power jack removed and replaced with a barrel jack wired for use with Genesis model 2 PSUs

- UAV install redone and reinstalled onto ITC UAV 7800 mount board w/Chroma timing fix (Already had composite & s-video jacks from previous service work)

- KiloParsec BIOS installed

Summarize as needed.

And although I don't take pics of the SN labels, I'm pretty sure that is a 1 5 ink stamped on the label.

Posted (edited)

Hi i see the list from Crossbow i am very limited as to how much i can enter but ill pick out the majors and have them up the 1st week of April. I will be updating the list every month so you should see it in a few weeks. I am just getting the jist of the Spread sheet and how everything works on here but so far i have fixed alot of errors on the list its not 100% yet but much more accurate. Also the title "The Serial number timeline" will be put back to Toymailmans i just did a quick title as im learning and it was to late to change it last month but again thanks for the info, Crazymoon67

Edited by Crazymoon67
errors

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my very first Atari 7800 a couple of days ago ! I purchased this off of eBay

It has been Fully Restored ( Re-Capped, Etc. ) & Modded ( RF , UAV , S-Video , Blue LED Light , Etc. )

It is All Original and Complete in Box 👍 Super glad to have it

20240403_161411.jpg

13 hours ago, -Joe- said:

Just received my very first Atari 7800 a couple of days ago ! I purchased this off of eBay

It has been Fully Restored ( Re-Capped, Etc. ) & Modded ( RF , UAV , S-Video , Blue LED Light , Etc. )

It is All Original and Complete in Box 👍 Super glad to have it

20240403_161411.jpg

All original is not modded not recapped but congrats!

Hi! I'm over a decade late to the conversation, (silly TARDIS is always malfunctioning....), but anyway, here's mine:

Serial No. 72R4BR A178 5966345

ATARI 7800

FCC ID: BPA72R7800

ATARI CORPORATION

MADE IN TAIWAN

I bought my Atari 7800 about a decade ago (no joke, for real) from an E-Bay user from Iowa while I was living in Japan. Fun times. Brought it back with me to the U.S. when we moved back about 7.5 years ago. So glad I did! I use it more than any other console at this point (not that I have a lot, mind you). :)