IGNORED

Where would I post "Help! My 2600 isn't working and I tried everything!"?

Roadkill

I re-soldered every solder point on the board, I have a brand-new power supply, I cleaned every contact, cleaned my games, I am using the proper RCA to coax connector, I have plugged the system into the VCR and directly into the TV as well. When I turn the system on, I either get a nice, bright, vivid plain black screen or a thin row of vertical scrolling blocks. When I tilt the cartridge back and forth, I get a few other random patterns of garbage, but nothing that would resemble a game screen. Just to eliminate the possibility, I hooked up a joystick into the player 1 port. I have just about come to the conclusion that I just have a bunk system.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

I re-soldered every solder point on the board, I have a brand-new power supply, I cleaned every contact, cleaned my games, I am using the proper RCA to coax connector, I have plugged the system into the VCR and directly into the TV as well. When I turn the system on, I either get a nice, bright, vivid plain black screen or a thin row of vertical scrolling blocks. When I tilt the cartridge back and forth, I get a few other random patterns of garbage, but nothing that would resemble a game screen. Just to eliminate the possibility, I hooked up a joystick into the player 1 port. I have just about come to the conclusion that I just have a bunk system.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Sounds like you probably have a bad IC chip. More than likely the RIOT or TIA. I've seen what you are describing thousands of times. It is relatively easy to change if you are not afraid of opening the system and have a little knowledge of electronics.

We need to know if you have a 4 switch or 6 switch and a few of us can guide you thru the process.

Edited by Benzman66