IGNORED

The Simpsons Game - Xbox 360

ydcl

Hi all, another one one my problems here :?

I just bought at GameStop a used The Simpsons game for the 360. When I put the disc in my 360 all it loads up to is a white screen that says:

To play this disc, please insert it in a Xbox 360 console - in some 10 different languages!!! :x

I called them up and they will exchange it for me, but I figured I'd ask and maybe just in case there was a quick fix...

BTW - I tested another game and it ran fine, so it is not my system...

Cheers,

Yan

I just bought at GameStop a used The Simpsons game for the 360. When I put the disc in my 360 all it loads up to is a white screen that says:

To play this disc, please insert it in a Xbox 360 console - in some 10 different languages!!! :x

I called them up and they will exchange it for me, but I figured I'd ask and maybe just in case there was a quick fix...

Cheers,

Yan

Almost sounds like it's reading the disk like a DVD player would read an Xbox 360 game.

I had an older console that did that, but it did it with different games, I wound up sending the console in.

Cheers,

Yan

This exact same thing happened to me when I first tried to play the Halo 3 multiplayer disc that came with ODST. White screen, ten languages all saying to put the the disc into a 360 (which is where it was). As far as I was able to work out, it's just simply a bad burning of the disc. I bought mine brand new and just exchanged it when I learned of the issue. In your case since you bought it used, my guess is that whoever owned it before you sold it back without telling the store of the issue and they didn't test it. Shame on them.

It's inconvenient, but that's life I guess.

Edited by iswitt

The XBox was treating the disc as a DVD movie. At the same time XBox 360 game discs are formatted so that if you do put them in a DVD player, you get the screen you described.

I'm betting the disc was scratched or otherwise damaged, causing the "is this a game disc?" test to fail. I've seen other systems do the same thing, like my Sega Saturn that treated one game disc as an audio CD because there was a crack in the range where essential "yes I'm a Saturn game" data was stored on the disc.

My son had a very similar problem when he bought Aliens vs Predator used from GameSlop. He took the disk back and the manager looked at it and said "Oh, this has been re-surfaced and that sometimes happens. I can try to re-surface it again or just give you another copy". My son took another copy (after looking it over throughly at the counter) and the replacement worked perfectly.

Mendon

• 2 years later...

I just started this game last night. Does it get any better? I'm on episode 2. The realization has now come to me, that this is a carbon copy of the Lego games.

I'm on the PS2 version. What's weird is the rendering changes among the different levels & cut scenes. It looks bad on the candy world level(no antialiasing), but near the end of the 2nd episode, we get nicely antialiased lines drawn for Bart & Homer during a cut scene. The "cartoon" cut scenes look just like scenes from the TV show. So there's 3 different art styles going on here.

I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for this.