IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

Yeah, really, I mean, I have a nice collection, but I sure as hell don't have doubles of Combat. Sounds like he just enjoyed what he did. I can't believe people are still questioning this (+1 for me getting Video Life).

Yeah, really, I mean, I have a nice collection, but I sure as hell don't have doubles of Combat. Sounds like he just enjoyed what he did. I can't believe people are still questioning this (+1 for me getting Video Life).

Really, I don't get it, why would you want doubles?

The person who said that was thinking more along the lines of a modern-day collector who always seems to get doubles in lots and such. You're right, it woudn't make any sense for your father to have had doubles at that time.

Really, I don't get it, why would you want doubles?

No one wants doubles per-se. It's just that in today's collecting marketplace, typically you end up having to buy large groups of cartridges to get the one you are looking for. After a while, we all tend to accumulate duplicates. Much different times than when you could just go to the store and pick up a copy of a new game in the box right off of the shelves.

Personally, I've amassed pretty much all of my collection HERE with very few eBay auctions other than a sweet Quadrun deal a couple of weeks back. I've really not even bothered with any lots. Even starting out, I pretty much focused in, like this guy did, on what I wanted. He seems like if he had purchased more than one Combat he probably would have made a lamp out of it.

Back in the early 1990s my mother had a female co-worker, a spinsterish woman in her 50s, who was totally into collecting and gaming. I don't know exactly what was in her collection, but she had a whole slew of 2600, 5200, and NES games, including Bounty Bob Strikes Back for the 5200 if I'm not mistaken. I never actually met her in person, I don't think, but through my mom she lent me lots of offbeat NES games: Kickle Cubicle, Arkista's Ring, and Cybernoid come to mind.

I'd think there was a person like that in every community, or at least county, back then. Never too old!

• Like 1

Personally, I've amassed pretty much all of my collection HERE with very few eBay auctions other than a sweet Quadrun deal a couple of weeks back. I've really not even bothered with any lots. Even starting out, I pretty much focused in, like this guy did, on what I wanted. He seems like if he had purchased more than one Combat he probably would have made a lamp out of it.

icon_mrgreen.gif

Seriously, that's one of the reasons why I like this community so much, this is probably the best video game site for trades, sales, and purchases. I've got a ton of awesome things here. Chris Leach, for example, is like a god to me.

I've had a number of deals with Chris. He's a fast, very safe shipper, gets his stuff done on time, and gives great deals. I recently did a trade with him for some NES reproduction games I had for a ton of Game Boy cartridges I needed. Just awesome. Great guy.

I've had a number of deals with Chris. He's a fast, very safe shipper, gets his stuff done on time, and gives great deals. I recently did a trade with him for some NES reproduction games I had for a ton of Game Boy cartridges I needed. Just awesome. Great guy.

Would it be possible for me to auction all my games at this site?

You could easily do that, yes. If you look in the Marketplace section of this forum (go to main page and scroll down, you'll find it), I'm pretty sure there's an auction center in there where you could do something like this. Set up the time for it to end and time (usually within a week), start the bidding for whatever it is at a certain price, and let people have at it. Problem is this, though I love this site for great deals and trades, the exposure you would get here as opposed to something like eBay (sorry everyone, you know it's true) wouldn't be the same. Lots of people would probably bid and you'd likely get a good price, but if you're looking for straight money eBay is probably the way to go, but it will take work. Still, there's also the "do you want to pass this on to fellow collectors" factor, where you'd be getting a decent price and providing the same happiness he had to collectors on here. I know, for example, if I were able to get Video Life (+1) for a decent price here I'd love that thing to death and pass it on to my kids. So you have that going on here, but in terms of money your best bet is going to be eBay, unless someone here throws out a ridiculous offer. For Video Life, for example, there was some guy (might still be on there if you check) trying to sell it with manual (in better condition) for around $12,000. It hasn't sold to my knowledge, but the number of people who looked at it was likely quite high. Game like that doesn't appear often and people have permanent searches, just waiting to go crazy for it.

Would it be possible for me to auction all my games at this site?

I advise against that, for a multitude of reasons, none of which need to be explained.

You could easily do that, yes. If you look in the Marketplace section of this forum (go to main page and scroll down, you'll find it), I'm pretty sure there's an auction center in there where you could do something like this. Set up the time for it to end and time (usually within a week), start the bidding for whatever it is at a certain price, and let people have at it. Problem is this, though I love this site for great deals and trades, the exposure you would get here as opposed to something like eBay (sorry everyone, you know it's true) wouldn't be the same. Lots of people would probably bid and you'd likely get a good price, but if you're looking for straight money eBay is probably the way to go, but it will take work. Still, there's also the "do you want to pass this on to fellow collectors" factor, where you'd be getting a decent price and providing the same happiness he had to collectors on here. I know, for example, if I were able to get Video Life (+1) for a decent price here I'd love that thing to death and pass it on to my kids. So you have that going on here, but in terms of money your best bet is going to be eBay, unless someone here throws out a ridiculous offer. For Video Life, for example, there was some guy (might still be on there if you check) trying to sell it with manual (in better condition) for around $12,000. It hasn't sold to my knowledge, but the number of people who looked at it was likely quite high. Game like that doesn't appear often and people have permanent searches, just waiting to go crazy for it.

I taked to that guy, he offered $1200 for Video Life. He's from Rare Earth. he said he didnt sell the game on that auction. He said he sold it later. He led me to believe that he got less than $2000 for it.He didnt actually say that, just inferred it.

Oh, really? Hmmm, yeah, I'm not sure what it's sold for to be honest. I know I probably couldn't afford it now, but you never know. That's the thing with eBay, sometimes it turns out awesome, and sometimes people just didn't look. You need to be a little careful with when you post (watch out for holidays, post on Sundays so people bored with their lives and work start to think about childhood, etc.) at times. Sometimes, though, you end up totally awesome. I found this old Ace of Aces wargame (they were these book things). Bought it for a quarter, sold it for $85. Just depends sometimes who's looking. But CPU is right, if you're looking for money and such, probably best to avoid here, as well as potential problems with new members who might not be as honest and such as old-timers. But, if you don't care THAT much about money and want to see some hardcore collectors, just like your dad, playing the games he enjoyed, you could do it here. I'd like to think the majority of people interested would be good about it, but you never know.

Wait, I was wrong, doesn't appear to be an auction section in there. Nevermind, sorry about that. I guess people occasionally post threads like that. I thought there was a forum section though. Oh well!