IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

Here's where folks start in that these are clever modern day reproductions manhandled to artificially age them and they won't be 100% convinced until April 2nd!! :D

I wouldn't take any offers until you know exactly what each cart is worth cjrocco, doesn't matter if it's River Patrol or River Raid.

You can use the search function on the forums and view threads discussing each and every one of the super rare games, often when one shows up for sale, it gets discussed, and the final price is there for all to see. :cool:

Once you have a full list of the games, folks here can help you determine which ones are worth your time selling and what you can expect to get for them.

• Like 2

As far as selling them, I said in my initial post that these are my mother-in-laws games, so it will be up to her as far as what to do with them. I am pretty sure that if they are worth as much as you people say she will want to sell them. I am not sure where or when she will want to do it but I will be sure to let people at this web page know thoroughly in advance.

Right now we are working on a comprehensive list of all the games she has, she is telling my wife over the phone what all the games are and she is typing up a list. If we let my mother-in-law type it may be until the 1st that the list gets done. :)

Thanks for all the info!

• Like 3

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

See, now THAT'S the way to shut everyone up! I wish everyone around here who showed up with a big story had a camera and the tenacity to follow through with proof.

:thumbsup:

That's the problem. Most times it's pure bullshit so they can't follow through with proof. Refreshing to see it be true for once.

• Like 1

As far as selling them, I said in my initial post that these are my mother-in-laws games, so it will be up to her as far as what to do with them. I am pretty sure that if they are worth as much as you people say she will want to sell them. I am not sure where or when she will want to do it but I will be sure to let people at this web page know thoroughly in advance.

Right now we are working on a comprehensive list of all the games she has, she is telling my wife over the phone what all the games are and she is typing up a list. If we let my mother-in-law type it may be until the 1st that the list gets done. :)

Thanks for all the info!

A picture tells a 1000 words. Get her to take pics of everything instead. she'll have to do it anyway if she wants to sell them ;)

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

See, now THAT'S the way to shut everyone up! I wish everyone around here who showed up with a big story had a camera and the tenacity to follow through with proof.

:thumbsup:

That's the problem. Most times it's pure bullshit so they can't follow through with proof. Refreshing to see it be true for once.

Well, yeah, exactly, that goes without saying, we all know that. Others that are legit can be driven away by this tough crowd pretty quick though. People not having access to a simple camera have been an issue around here lately too, eh!? LOL

Thanks for all the info!

Very nice find! I know some of our fellow forumites can be bigtime doubters, and that's quite understandable considering some of the things we've seen here over the years. I, for one, hope that if she decides to sell, that it will be done here, first. At least the collectors here will appreciate what is offered, and the likelyhood of a scam buyer is pretty low. Be sure to check the "Marketplace" section of these forums, you will find many stories we've all had on e-Pay... and most of them are not the good kind of stories.

I don't know what your collection is worth, but you've come to the right place to find out.

cjrocco,

Tell your mother-in-law that she won the lottery.

Well, don't get her expectations TOO high though. The "lottery" to many conjures thoughts of early retirement, sports cars and mansions. We're probably talking more in the league of really nice vacation here.

I would just like to say..TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

I understand the reasons for all of the doubting going on around on this thread today, but cjrocco had a legit question and now it can be answered.

cjrocco - thank you for posting the pics as I asked for earlier. The newspaper seems to have done the trick! icon_mrgreen.gif Those look like some incredible games you have there and I only wish I had the $$$ to afford them. If you need any guidance as to what they are worth, I would be happy to help steer you to some helpful information. As I said before, price is subjective to condition, just as much as what the market will bear for these items. Again, I wish I could afford them, but please just make sure they end up in the hands of a true collector. These are quite rare and it would be a shame for them to fall out of your hands and into another black hole for the next 30 years again. Thanks again for posting the photos.

-Ben

Oh, oh, is bark40oz back.......???? :? Buyer beware.....let's see the pics first and take it from there.

Oh, I did not see the pics. Great find there....

Good luck with the sale. :)

Is this price from racketboy.com that far off?

Video Life: $1800-$2500 - This "game" was only available via mail-in order to CommaVid, and only if the sender already owned a copy of the rare Atari 2600 game Magicard. The game is an Atari version of Conway's Game of Life, a game, which happens to be a cellular automaton. One doesn't play the game so much as simply watch it and see what happens as "life" is created on the screen. It is rumored that fewer than twenty cartridges of the game were ever released.

source: My link

Edited by revolutionika