IGNORED

Found Potential Rare Atari Games

cjrocco

I still call bullshit, it is a collector having fun with us, april fools/etc..

Agreed. Something's up.

That's true. I never considered that it could just be a collector having fun with us. The IP address doesn't match up with any known AA user though so it would have to be a lurker.

Tempest

Or a work/friend/library computer...

Or they are using Tor or some other proxy.

No the IP resolves to something very identifiable. No strange proxy stuff. I think this is legit.

Tempest

If you were "really" a serious collector and had all these very rare titles, would you really discard all the boxes? I think not; just saying. Someone who cared this much for a collection and had the passion to buy all these wonderful games would most likely have kept the boxes. :) I would have anyway. Not saying this collection does not exist :)

That I disagree with. If you remember that Atari programmer that stopped by to visit, can't remember his name but he programmed Pigs in Space and some others. He was a serious collector with some pretty rare stuff and he threw away ALL of his boxes as a space saving measure. He did say he is kicking himself now but didn't think it was that big of a deal back then. Remember, nobody gave a shit about boxes back then, well, maybe bfstats but nobody else ;)

No the IP resolves to something very identifiable. No strange proxy stuff. I think this is legit.

Tempest

Do you now.....or did the jokester maybe let you in on the prank.... :ponder: :D

Nope. I have no clue who this guy (gal?) is.

Tempest

If you were "really" a serious collector and had all these very rare titles, would you really discard all the boxes? I think not; just saying. Someone who cared this much for a collection and had the passion to buy all these wonderful games would most likely have kept the boxes. :) I would have anyway. Not saying this collection does not exist :)

That I disagree with. If you remember that Atari programmer that stopped by to visit, can't remember his name but he programmed Pigs in Space and some others. He was a serious collector with some pretty rare stuff and he threw away ALL of his boxes as a space saving measure. He did say he is kicking himself now but didn't think it was that big of a deal back then. Remember, nobody gave a shit about boxes back then, well, maybe bfstats but nobody else ;)

You can disagree all you want :) I said I would have kept the boxes :P which I did. As a hardcore Atari 2600 nut, ( I am KMD certified ;) )I kept all my boxes as a "serious" collector. Like bfstats and myself; we probably kept the boxes and everything in them. I think that called also be called packratism :D True, many did throw out the boxes :( , aren't you glad bfstats and I hung onto them; so there are at least two of us that are crazy. Cheers, FB :cool:

You can disagree all you want :) I said I would have kept the boxes :P which I did. As a hardcore Atari 2600 nut, ( I am KMD certified ;) )I kept all my boxes as a "serious" collector. Like bfstats and myself; we probably kept the boxes and everything in them. I think that called also be called packratism :D True, many did throw out the boxes :( , aren't you glad bfstats and I hung onto them; so there are at least two of us that are crazy. Cheers, FB :cool:

I vote for a group shot of this collection :thumbsup:

If they are looking to sell, a standard auction a few at a time, over time on eBay/Game Gavel would be the best way. If you are not used to shipping do a couple at a time making the shipping melee less of a hassle. A few of us collectors will also be able to bid higher and pick more up if given some space between listings to recoup spending money.

AX

I don't know why my Dad didn't save the boxes. It may have been a matter of not enough room in the house, but remember he was obsessed with having as many as he could get, I'm not sure he loved Atari.

If there is any chance they could be folded down hiding some place make sure. It would increase the value greatly. In most cases the boxes are worth more than the games.

AX

I don't know why my Dad didn't save the boxes. It may have been a matter of not enough room in the house, but remember he was obsessed with having as many as he could get, I'm not sure he loved Atari.

If there is any chance they could be folded down hiding some place make sure. It would increase the value greatly. In most cases the boxes are worth more than the games.

AX

If they are looking to sell, a standard auction a few at a time, over time on eBay/Game Gavel would be the best way. If you are not used to shipping do a couple at a time making the shipping melee less of a hassle. A few of us collectors will also be able to bid higher and pick more up if given some space between listings to recoup spending money.

AX

Already asked...see post #125 :D

AX