IGNORED

High Score Club 9.02 - Dragonfire

Ze_ro

Dang, your scores are amazing! I can't even do better than my score on the first day. I'll get on a decent run and then lose most of my men in a few seconds. Very frustrating. Oh well, I've got a package of recently purchased homebrews to play :D

I'm pretty frustrated with this game, too. Did you get any further in the Haunted Adventure Trilogy?

Thanks Gorfy. The only thing that was holding me back was the treasures located on the bottom. All you have to do is just keep going back and forth till you have the perfect angle. Todd Rodgers must have played that game for 6 hours to get that score, lol.

Todd Rodgers must be a maniac.

More than doubled my score!

post-10944-0-03673300-1300252878_thumb.jpg

I used a combination of Deteacher's figure eight with keilbaca's fake-out and added in a bunch of patience. There is no reason to get all the treasure quickly so I learned to control the white dragon with the fake-out and then use the figure eight to swoop when needed.

• Like 1

Wow, this was a busy week with a lot of competition! I wish I could have updated more often, but work has been hectic. Congratulations on an incredible score Frostbite, and on such extensive tips Jacob!

Judging cartridges has been rather tricky, and I probably made a poor choice attempting this with Imagic carts, as the reflective labels don't photograph well, and they seem to be quite durable. The worst cartridge is obviously pis's (though he had a bit of an advantage with the poor quality white label)... but for the best label, I couldn't choose between SpiceWare and toymailman... they both look to be in excellent condition with no real faults. Miss 2600 and bennybingo were close seconds, but lost out due to some dirt in the plastic ridges near the Imagic logo. Some pictures were simply too blurry to really critique properly (Mister VCS's in particular looks to be in great condition, but the very slight blurring in the picture hides the slight scratches that show up in the sharper pictures, so it's hard to compare properly).

Oh, and of course pictures of Harmony Carts were disqualified. :P

--Zero