IGNORED

RAM 320XE

ctirad

You wrote that The Freezer would have same issues as your upgrade with 512K upgrade, since PORT B bits are in conflict with Self Test right?

Well I read the part in The Freezer manual a few times over and I believe they found a workaround for that. Perhaps something interesting for you?

Unfortunatelly not. There is nothing about conflict between selftest and the RAM when the bit 7 is used.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where are you CTIRAD!!!!

Oh no…. you don't want to hear this, but you missed the train again.

Everybody here is already playing with their external expanded XE's… and now you don't have it… AGAIN!

I've heard that next batch is planned somewhere in 2016 or 2017, but count on 2018.

Sorry!

Oh God!

Thank you for your kind reply ProWizard.

Not so good, but not so bad.

We all awaiting something for years.

I even lost my SIO2SD recently... but now I beleive it's really brick (or OLIMEX AVR-ISP500 is brick now.)

But I wait for California Access CA-2001 from Poland eBay.

It's sweet thing for 130XE anyway.

Good Luck!

Hello kogden

Yep, I even got the enhanced version with 4MB of banked RAM, built-in MIDI, and PBI pass-through!

A) Where do you live?

B) When do you leave for summer holiday?

Sincerely

Mathy

PS telling me where you left it and leaving the door open will reduce the amount of broken stuff you have to replace when you return. :D

PPS you didn't order the 16MB version with Covox? Cheapskate!

Edited by Mathy

Hello kogden

A) Where do you live?

1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC. If you show up, they might not know you. Just tell them I said it was ok for you to be there and have them direct you to the room with the red telephone.

B) When do you leave for summer holiday?

Your in luck, I already left!

PS telling me where you left it and leaving the door open will reduce the amount of broken stuff you have to replace when you return. :D

It's next to the stack of 20 1450XLD's with the final working dual-drive PBI disk controllers, next to the 24k gold statue of Nolan Bushnell naked and the server farm of ATW800's. It's all in that room with the red phone I told you about. Just tell them I sent you, it'll be fine.

PPS you didn't order the 16MB version with Covox? Cheapskate!

16MB seemed a little excessive and I don't need the Covox because I have a Soundblaster Live! in a PCI<->PBI bridge I made using wire wrap, a 6507 and cardboard.

--Kevin

• Like 1

Centron 3D? I don't think my eyes can handle 72 colors on one scanline. My brain might explode or something. Could be dangerous.

In all seriousness, I'm sure Ctirad will announce when he's ready to take people's cash and ship devices. He makes great stuff. I have one of the RAM 320XL's and I've been quite happy with it. Most painless RAM upgrade ever.

IIRC there's actually a place to solder in a connector for ECI pass-through on the PCB in this XE version isn't there? Either way, I definitely want one of these when it's released.

Edited by kogden

Hello Kevin

1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC.

Isn't that where all the interns nowadays have to wear aprons? To prevent mothers from putting dresses with stains on them in closets for way to long?

Where they removed the cigars not because they secretly came from Cuba or because of health care reasons, but because they somehow smelled fishy and nobody wanted to smoke them any longer?

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

I'm still trying to learn English... ;)

And I see this phrase: :-o

"No preorders. I will start the regular order thread as soon as I will have enough boards prepared for shipping. Don't worry, I will have enough for everyone."

Does it mean that "Somewhere over the rainbow" the above mentioned secret place exist?

I really need to bye ECI/CART version of this SUPERB memory extension.

Can anyone give me contact info? :?

Hi all,

I have 10 units from the second test batch for sale. These units are fully tested and functionally equivalent to the upcoming production version. You can see the photo in one of my earlier post.

The price is 1250 CZK (don't be scared, it is roughly equivalent of 45 EUR or 60 USD and paypal converts it from your currency automatically) and it includes paypal fees and worldwide shipping. If you are interested, send me a PM with your order.

Note: If you want gold plated contacts and optional stuff like covox or ECI passthrough connector, do not order and wait for the regular production version!

• Like 1

I just ordered two units from the second test batch and wait for them now. Maybe the ECI connector from the Turbo Freezer 2011 will work with it, just from what I read so far there is a chance it will. Have to test it and will report then.