IGNORED

Multi-cart quality

coleconut

Went to a flea market and spotted some interesting labels. You know the routine, flea market stall, all the N64 and Genny games in the glass display case low, Xbox and PS2 games up front and centre then some dusty corner that hasnt been visited in years there is the collection of Combat and Asteroids 2600 games in a pile of dust. So I get the guy to haul them out and they are Taiwan multicarts for $2 each with switches on them to select a game. Get em home and none work. These go along with some S. American carts I have that if you can coax one or two titles to work out of the 8 on the cart you are lucky. Hate to destroy the labels to open them up.

Is this along other's experiences? Are these just typically poor design and quality?

Oh and I dont think buddy knew much about the Atari, I mean I dont think they were $2 because they didnt work, he was a nice young guy and I DID also score an NTSC Gas Hog for $2 too along with some other titles and they work fine.

Edited by coleconut

Went to a flea market and spotted some interesting labels. You know the routine, flea market stall, all the N64 and Genny games in the glass display case low, Xbox and PS2 games up front and centre then some dusty corner that hasnt been visited in years there is the collection of Combat and Asteroids 2600 games in a pile of dust. So I get the guy to haul them out and they are Taiwan multicarts for $2 each with switches on them to select a game. Get em home and none work. These go along with some S. American carts I have that if you can coax one or two titles to work out of the 8 on the cart you are lucky. Hate to destroy the labels to open them up.

Is this along other's experiences? Are these just typically poor design and quality?

Oh and I dont think buddy knew much about the Atari, I mean I dont think they were $2 because they didnt work, he was a nice young guy and I DID also score an NTSC Gas Hog for $2 too along with some other titles and they work fine.

I have a few Brazilian 4-in-one multicarts with 2 switches. They're difficult to use, requiring several attempts to switch from one game to another, but they all work eventually. However, I don't know if this problem will worsen over time until they don't work at all. :ponder:

Congrats on the Gas Hog!

I'd be keen to see the taiwan multicarts, and potentially buy them from you even if they don't work.

There's a good chance they are PAL.

Any of them V-cases? like this:

post-23929-0-53096000-1301480967_thumb.jpg