IGNORED

Gamegavel.com for selling?

SRGilbert

I had to relist again today. I finally found the "relist all" section where I could relist all my auctions at once. It took a while. I just kept clicking on links until it came up. Now that I found that and can also list auctions for 30 days, I am a happy camper. However, if I had not complained about it on AtariAge I would have never known these options existed and I most likely would have given up (again) in frustration. A more user friendly interface would be highly beneficial to Gamegavel. These options should be obvious to the novice user. I really do want Gamegavel to succeed.

I'm full of passion on the topic because I WANT game gavel to succeed.

In my eyes it could be an eBay alternative but isn't still/yet.

The detectable anger is with eBay... I hate being forced to use them to survive.

It is my utmost desire that Game Gavel become the site it could be soon to make it a viable alternative.

AX

Well, I can tell you my experience. Last year I list several Atari 2600 titles and only get a few visits and only one sell. I was kinda dessapointed. This year I took the goal of trying again for several reasons (especially being ebay expensive and strict and a way to showcase my complete library) So I list everithing I have and I´m having some nice sales. Is still not Ebay, but the only way to grow the site is to list items and visit, I have found some good Intellivision games out there.

Of course their plataform is not ebay, there´s some issues and some stuff that can improve, but that could be fix if you inform about it (I´m planning to mention some stuff) and give them the funds to improve by sell stuff here (if you have a free account, you can help by increase the traffic) I bet that ebay wasn´t looking very good their first years, but when they become big, they could do the invesment to create the plataform they have right now.

So give it a try, especially with the new Ebay fees that will strike this month. We desperatly need an Ebay option but we need to be all onboard so that could happen.

Game Gavel is a great site but faced with a huge mountain to climb which is ebay. Dozens of auction sites have come and gone with people losing hundreds of thousands if not more trying to promote them and grab a small piece of market share.

I hope GG continues and improves but without putting the whole thing and the guys behind it at risk.

Game Gavel is a great site but faced with a huge mountain to climb which is ebay. Dozens of auction sites have come and gone with people losing hundreds of thousands if not more trying to promote them and grab a small piece of market share.

I hope GG continues and improves but without putting the whole thing and the guys behind it at risk.

GameGavel was launched to be a very inexpensive site to run. It isn't going anywhere and I take great pride in that GameGavel has been more successful than any other dedicated gaming auction site that came before it. It is small, but is thriving at a level where I can keep it around and growing. To give you all some background on a couple important things - when I launched I was trying to get GameGavel listed on first page of search engines for keywords having to do with Video Game Auctions. I accomplished that as you can see by Googleing Video Game Auctions now. We are right at the top. Unfortunately, Video Game Auctions is only searched around 300 times each month - so not a big term.

So now we have changed our titles, descrpitions and meta tags to go after search terms that are much for significant like Video Game Store and Used Video Games which each are searched about 50,000 /month on Google alone. So far since modifying our tags we are up to around page 3-5 depending on fluctuation - for terms Video Game Store and Used Video Games. I think for Used Video Game Store we come up even higher. So we are working our way to the first page and due to the high relevence of our content I think we will get there by year end. This will be huge if and when we get on that first page.

Another thing I am finishing development on is GamerSpots.com. This will be similar to YELP.com but be focused entirely on helping gamers find, rank and comment on local video games stores (not including nationwide chains), arcades, swap meets, etc. It will be tied in with Google Maps and give people directions to GamerSpots near them or in a city they may be traveling too. It will be user supported to as soon as it is complete this will be distributed through GameGavel's 5000+ membres, our 3000+ member facebook page and promoted here in the forums - so you all can participate by submitting your favorite local stores, commenting and reviewing them and posting a photo or two. It will also be a place for store owners to purchase very inexpensively priced premium content to add more info about their establishments and also handout coupon codes or specials for local buyers. The arcade search will let people search for specific arcade games on location near them and what not.

The cool thing is this should be indexed fairly rapidly onto the first page of search term: Video Game Stores. GamerSpots will be apart of the GameGavel network and should help draw people to GameGavel once it is on the first page.

As far as GG is concerend, we are nearing the completion of improving the search function. Once complete you can click on a main category and see everything within that category and all sub categorires, then with options to drill down if needed. Just like Ebay. Once this is complete we will focus on improving the billing system and hopefully allow for an easier method for combining items into one invoice for a multiple purchase buyer. Also, want to add an option for you guys to save a search so when an item you are looking for is listed, you get notified. Rest assured we are always working on adding features and improving the interface. But it all takes time.

Edited by Parrothead

Also, remember, no matter where you list your items you have to promote them in all the forums you frequent. This helps you and GameGavel out by showing that people are using the site.

We make it easy for sellers to promote their listings by providing a link generator to cut and paste your listings into forums. Here is how to do it:

1> Login to your Members Area

2> Click on Seller Tools

3> Bottom left of page click on Lists For Promotions

4> Using the drop down menu highlight the lisitngs you want to promote

5> The system will generate nice clickable links you can cut and paste into forums For Sale areas to drive people to your listings

Also, within that Seller Tools Area you can:

1> Create your free sellers homepage/store front - Under Preferences & Settings click on Homepage Content - Design your page, upload your store logo, type a description, etc. It will give you a unique GG homepage URL you can add to your forum or blog signatures - again another way to drive people to your GG listings.

2> Input your Ebay user ID to show off your positive Ebay Feedback.

3> Use our great bulk uploader tool for listing lots of items.

4> Block a member from bidding, if applicable.

So if you are a seller, check this stuff out and use it all to your advantage!

Edited by Parrothead

Okay guys since I posted I joined GameGavel and listed 35 Items. Mike upgraded my account and I made 2 sales (to the same person). Overall listing was easy to get a hold of. After listing an item you can post another item and it auto fills all the fields with the same from the last item. This way it was fairly easy to change titles for each game and list a bunch fairly quickly without using the batch upload tool. It's free to post new items with one picture (uploading the picture is what probably takes the longest out of the whole process) so as long as I can sell a few items between each time I will have to restart the auctions it should work out great.

All the auctions I set up are basically just buy it nows with make offer options. Check it out if you like its mostly 2600 and 7800 Carts.

My GameGavel Store

Also, remember, no matter where you list your items you have to promote them in all the forums you frequent. This helps you and GameGavel out by showing that people are using the site.

We make it easy for sellers to promote their listings by providing a link generator to cut and paste your listings into forums. Here is how to do it:

1> Login to your Members Area

2> Click on Seller Tools

3> Bottom left of page click on Lists For Promotions

4> Using the drop down menu highlight the lisitngs you want to promote

5> The system will generate nice clickable links you can cut and paste into forums For Sale areas to drive people to your listings

Also, within that Seller Tools Area you can:

1> Create your free sellers homepage/store front - Under Preferences & Settings click on Homepage Content - Design your page, upload your store logo, type a description, etc. It will give you a unique GG homepage URL you can add to your forum or blog signatures - again another way to drive people to your GG listings.

2> Input your Ebay user ID to show off your positive Ebay Feedback.

3> Use our great bulk uploader tool for listing lots of items.

4> Block a member from bidding, if applicable.

So if you are a seller, check this stuff out and use it all to your advantage!

That was helpful. Thanks.