IGNORED

1200XL Field Service Manual

Havok69

I can't find a PDF of the service manual, but I did find a collection of 10 GIFs that claim to be the schematic. Anyone interested?

Absolutely! If the manual ever turns up it may be missing the schematics, so they would be helpful...

• 5 months later...

Noooo... keep it all in my head.

Bob

Really isn't much difference between the XL manuals, anyway. Just the schematic. Who needs a copy of the silkscreen? Schematic is really poor, by the way.

C'mon, there must be someone out there who has a pdf of the 1200XL field service manual...

The MMU for the 1200XL is only for a 1200XL. Last two digits are 09, sits in U14. The two ROMs at U12 and U13, and the MMU at U14 are all 1200XL specific. There are instructions for replacing them with an 800XL/600XL ROM and MMU, but that may be more work than it is worth. (requires soldering and such) I have a ton of old MMUs and ROMs, if you want me to send you some.

Bob

Will one from an 800XL work?

On the 800XL the MMU is at U3 -- what's the location on the 1200XL?

Hmm. now we know who the totally clueless are..

I hope you're not talking about me - there's a difference between being polite and clueless.

Still looking for the manual if anyone has it...

That sobola schematic site has been there for over 10 years, and most of his schematics have some serious omissions and errors in them. You'd be much better off using the original hand-drawn schematics from the atari FSMs or the large extended schematics in Sams Computerfacts books (you can still get them in electronic form from Sam's site, or even request a printed copy for very reasonable prices)..

Hmm. now we know who the totally clueless are..

I hope you're not talking about me - there's a difference between being polite and clueless.

Still looking for the manual if anyone has it...

That sobola schematic site has been there for over 10 years, and most of his schematics have some serious omissions and errors in them. You'd be much better off using the original hand-drawn schematics from the atari FSMs or the large extended schematics in Sams Computerfacts books (you can still get them in electronic form from Sam's site, or even request a printed copy for very reasonable prices)..

Hi,

Did a quick google. Didn't find their website. Do you have the url?

Thanks

Found www.samswebsite.com but nothing listed for the 1200xl. Do you know of another source?

Edited by Dropcheck