IGNORED

Voting ends April 17 for the Smithsonian "Art of the Videogame" Exhibit

rob fulop

So maybe some people already know that a few of my prior games have been selected to possibly appear in The Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian Art Museum. This exhibit is one of the first exhibitions to explore the forty-year evolution of video games as an artistic medium, with a focus on striking visual effects and the creative use of new technologies. The exhibition will feature some of the most influential artists and designers during five eras of game technology, from early developers such as David Crane and Warren Robinett (and maybe me if I make the cut!) to contemporary designers like Kellee Santiago and David Jaffe. It also will explore the many influences on game designers, and the pervasive presence video games have in the broader popular culture, with new relationships to video art, film and television, educational practices, and professional skill training. Chris Melissinos, founder of Past Pixels and collector of video games and gaming systems, is the curator of the exhibition.

The exhibit website is here:

Smithsonian Art Of The Game Exhibit

The 80 or so games selected will be culled down via online voting by the general public at the below address .. THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE VOTE ON WHICH GAMES GO INTO THE EXHIBIT

Vote For Your Favorite Game Here

Obviously it would be a real thrill to see Missile Command or Demon Attack make the cut, so if you have a moment please go to the above site and put in your vote! It takes about two minutes … the 2600 games in the ERA ONE section

Thanks!

Rob

• Like 2