IGNORED

How much would you pay for a Neo Geo AES

I am currently thinking of selling my Neo Geo AES and was wondering what people would be willing to pay for it. It is a Japanse model, Pow-3. Is not in box, comes with King of Fighters 96 american version and Fatal Fury Special also american with the bid dog logo on the side. Comes with 2 of the original large controllers on the d button seems to be going out, and a memory card. The only thing is the Power Supply is touchy, sometimes is works some days it does not want to work. So if I were to sell it the buyer would need to buy a new power supply. What do you guys think it is worth.

Hate to tell you, but not many people are willing to pay what a Neo AES is actually worth. Most want one for peanuts. I think $200 is a good, low place to start with pricing. Not sure how much KOF '96 is worth seeing how it's the US version, anything other than JP is harder to find for sale when it comes to most NEO-GEO games.

Now then, I'll take that worthless "arcade" system off your hands for a very generous $100 shipped to Canada. ;)

Hate to tell you, but not many people are willing to pay what a Neo AES is actually worth. Most want one for peanuts. I think $200 is a good, low place to start with pricing. Not sure how much KOF '96 is worth seeing how it's the US version, anything other than JP is harder to find for sale when it comes to most NEO-GEO games.

Now then, I'll take that worthless "arcade" system off your hands for a very generous $100 shipped to Canada. ;)

how about 150 plus shipping to Canada, I live in Indiana. Would that be with the two games or without. Just getting some Ideas so I can see if it is worth putting up for sale in the market place. Need the Money for a Amiga 1000

Edited by ATARI7800fan

I'm very interested in getting one and have been trying for some time to buy one from another member. Money isn't that easy to come by you see. However because of the rare nature of the console things like the power supply needing to be replaced seem like a bigger deal on this system then others. I have no idea where I could get one or what it would cost when I found it, not to mention it would more then likely have to be shipped from Japan and something about that scares the crap out of me. Its the reason I don't have any PCE games yet.

There was a "whats it worth" thread just recently on this forum, find it or just post pics here and see what people think. Do you have cases for the games you have with it? When you say the D button is going out what exactly do you mean?

What I'm willing to spend is based on the condition of the items included, what I have to spend depends on how many people come through the door at work. There is interest, now make it more interesting and lets see what happens.

how about 150 plus shipping to Canada, I live in Indiana. Would that be with the two games or without. Just getting some Ideas so I can see if it is worth putting up for sale in the market place. Need the Money for a Amiga 1000

Heh, thanks but I'm currently stuck with an MVS, my $100 shipped offer was making fun of all the low ballers. While it's hard to get the MVS itself working in a home setting, having a Metal Slug 3 cart is an excellent incentive to git 'er dun. $150 + shipping sounds like a real bargain for all the stuff that comes with it.

Also, shouldn't this have been a Price Check thread in the Marketplace?

EDIT: Ah, looks like Gravey is right on time.

Edited by Koopa64

I'm very interested in getting one and have been trying for some time to buy one from another member. Money isn't that easy to come by you see. However because of the rare nature of the console things like the power supply needing to be replaced seem like a bigger deal on this system then others. I have no idea where I could get one or what it would cost when I found it, not to mention it would more then likely have to be shipped from Japan and something about that scares the crap out of me. Its the reason I don't have any PCE games yet.

There was a "whats it worth" thread just recently on this forum, find it or just post pics here and see what people think. Do you have cases for the games you have with it? When you say the D button is going out what exactly do you mean?

What I'm willing to spend is based on the condition of the items included, what I have to spend depends on how many people come through the door at work. There is interest, now making it more interesting and lets see what happens.

For the First answer there is a seller on ebay from the US that sells replacement power supplies for it. Or at the Neo Store located in Tennese. Here is the listing http://www.neostore.com/Power-Supply-for-Japanese-AES-p/595.htm cost about 25 from there plus shipping. It uses a 9volt supply or Pow-3 as it says on the bottom of the system. Both games have there cases, the top of the King of Fighters 96 is a little chipped and cracked along the edge but I just used some gorilla glue to fill the crack, it is the latter design that snaps shut and has the lock on the edge American version, The Fatal Fury Special one looks almost brand-new and includes the manual. Early American version with the dog on the top spine edge. The second controller the fourth button sometimes does not seem to want to work on King of Fighters. So worst case would be that the second controller only has 3 buttons(I use heavy kick alot and might have worn it out) Memory card is in good shape and the console does have a few light scratches on the top if you look at it the right way. If you are interested make me a offer and let me know and I will try to get some pictures posted here soon. Should I also list it in the Marketplace, not to sure just trying to get a feel for how much I could get out of it. I am pretty sure it is the power supply seeing as when ever it stops working is when the AC adopter gets warm to hot. Not the best in electronic repairs. Planning(if I sell it) to use the money on a Amiga.

I am hoping to start around 300 then do down. Seeing as I have about 500 invested at least in it, payed 90 alone for King of Fighters 96.

on second thought I will look at any offers, better someone enjoy it instead of sitting in storage.

Edited by ATARI7800fan

Not all AES systems use the same power supply. Some use 5v, some use 12v. It all depends on the console revision.

Also, you still need to start a For Sale thread in the Marketplace, before the mod squad finds out you're breaking the rules by trying to sell in the Classic Gaming Forum. :P :D

Not all AES systems use the same power supply. Some use 5v, some use 12v. It all depends on the console revision.

Also, you still need to start a For Sale thread in the Marketplace, before the mod squad finds out you're breaking the rules by trying to sell in the Classic Gaming Forum. :P :D

Good point I had forgot about that. Will do right away. It is the console Pow-3 uses 9V supply.