IGNORED

Just picked up my first Atari computer

Skarrj

After a trial period with a coworker's 800xl, I purchased an XEGS from MYATARI last night. I was kinda torn between a 600xl with the memory upgrade or this pastel easter egg machine. I guess I went with the XEGS because it fit in better with my collection of game consoles.

What should my first mods be for this? I was looking into either the sio2pc or sio2sd.

Edited by Skarrj

After a trial period with a coworker's 800xl, I purchased an XEGS from MYATARI last night. I was kinda torn between a 600xl with the memory upgrade or this pastel easter egg machine. I guess I went with the XEGS because it fit in better with my collection of game consoles.

What should my first mods be for this? I was looking into either the sio2pc or sio2sd.

Howdy. I'm a recent arrival @ AA myself, but I would be be surprised if the XEGS remained the only Atari in your collection for long. It seems most members here have several, if not dozens of A8 machines! ;)

I have one in my home office, tethered to the PC via SIO2PC, readily available for tinkering. But now we also have a machine in the living room hooked up to the big HDTV & audio receiver, and for the fun of it I recently installed another one at the office (to bemuse the Generation Y kids). For those situations, I've found the Maxflash carts the best solution. Not the cheapest route but I've found the Atarimax products extremely well done and reliable.

Enjoy the ride :)